Jump to content

David Carson Signs For ICT


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a grafter. Seen him play once and he was very impressive. A good solid replacement for Polly I would hope - albeit without the sulks, occassional stupid decision making, and complete lack of int

The Board has told us how skint we are.  CaleyD posted the following section from the annual report at the time of the last AGM.   I think most posters on here understand the

It would probably take signing Messi and Ronaldo for us to get more Invernesians through the turnstiles. If winning the Scottish Cup didn't do it, having Fraser Fyvie in the squad certainly won't

Posted Images

Haha you literally posted this one minute before I finished a similar post, I've locked mine.

Good to see us signalling our intent in the transfer market this week early and shows Robbo wants a core squad to have a full pre-season with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea about his qualities but delighted to see us get another bit of business completed early despite the continuing uncertainty about which division we will be kicking off next season in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very positive news, regardless of which league we are in next season preparations have started well. These past few weeks I’ve started to feel a bit of the old buzz that’s been missing for so long at Inverness.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After initial surprise at these early signings it begins to make sense with regard to budgeting large salaries coming off the wage bill as we get closer to June.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satan said:

After initial surprise at these early signings it begins to make sense with regard to budgeting large salaries coming off the wage bill as we get closer to June.

The wages for polworth and ofw will buy us a number of players. Hopefully good business by Robbo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Encouraging to see new faces but:

1. We don't yet know which league we'll be in 

2. Is he the right calibre (premier league or championship) when he's coming from the 8th level of English football?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

a good box to box midfielder is difficult to find so well done Robbo

How do you know he’s good?! Hope you’re right though.

Obviously playing at such a low level there’s not a great deal about him online - he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia entry. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

True, he is an unknown quantity, but we have had a few of those from non league englandshire before...Some have done rather well.

Good experience with Blackburn u21's so hopefully still has that professionalism.

Time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

How do you know he’s good?! Hope you’re right though.

Obviously playing at such a low level there’s not a great deal about him online - he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia entry. ?

He will soon have a Wikipedia entry once he has played a few games for ICT :wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yngwie said:

How do you know he’s good?! Hope you’re right though.

Obviously playing at such a low level there’s not a great deal about him online - he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia entry. ?

I, like most others can only go on his previous clubs supporters views. I also trust Robbo has done his research and if this hadn't stacked up he wouldn't have signed him ! Personally I couldn't give a flying f if he has a Wikipedia page ir not. Good luck to him, we should all wish him the best.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

How do you know he’s good?! Hope you’re right though.

Obviously playing at such a low level there’s not a great deal about him online - he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia entry. ?

That's where you're wrong kiddo ?

 

Just crafted one up quickly, still need to slap in some more info though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a grafter. Seen him play once and he was very impressive. A good solid replacement for Polly I would hope - albeit without the sulks, occassional stupid decision making, and complete lack of interest when things aren't going his way.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooft to Jockdoonsouth.  Tin hat on, ready for the Pro Polly brigade!!  I agree, though it's good to see Robbo being proactive and all joking aside, wishing Polly the best at Murderwell.  Unless we are playing them and then he can get tae

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of very good players in the non-leagues in England. I worked with a university team in the 9th tier and one of their players is now a regular starter at Port-Vale. Jamie Vardy, Iain Wright both came from non-league teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, caleyboy said:

a good box to box midfielder is difficult to find so well done Robbo

Steady on he's big boots 2 fill in pollys the man was playing like 12th tier football for Morpeth! Don't get these wildcard gambles of signings there's plenty tried and tested players at this level with in our budget would much rather have seen Telfer or Higginbotham come up look at Cove going in for Fyvie that's the kinda players get u promoted 

  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Steady on he's big boots 2 fill in pollys the man was playing like 12th tier football for Morpeth! Don't get these wildcard gambles of signings there's plenty tried and tested players at this level with in our budget would much rather have seen Telfer or Higginbotham come up look at Cove going in for Fyvie that's the kinda players get u promoted 

Cove have also got significant financial backing from Balmoral group. Who like Brora did in the highland league a few years ago can offer well paid careers outside of football as well as good footballing wages. Something we can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Cove have also got significant financial backing from Balmoral group. Who like Brora did in the highland league a few years ago can offer well paid careers outside of football as well as good footballing wages. Something we can't.

Would like to think we at least try and attract players of that caliber tho! Where do we hear of these players like Proctor who might be good but no many clubs fish that deep for players! Would like to see a few players people have heard of coming might get some new fans thro the turnstiles!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Would like to think we at least try and attract players of that caliber tho! Where do we hear of these players like Proctor who might be good but no many clubs fish that deep for players! Would like to see a few players people have heard of coming might get some new fans thro the turnstiles!

It would probably take signing Messi and Ronaldo for us to get more Invernesians through the turnstiles.

If winning the Scottish Cup didn't do it, having Fraser Fyvie in the squad certainly won't.

  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It would probably take signing Messi and Ronaldo for us to get more Invernesians through the turnstiles.

If winning the Scottish Cup didn't do it, having Fraser Fyvie in the squad certainly won't.

But having likes of fyvie in the squad might help us win another scottish cup

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy