FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

11 hours ago, dougal said:

If big Kyle does sign will we start to see the union jacks reappear again at the dump and the unsavoury songs from a loud minority?

We do seem to attract has been ex orcs not sure why but maybe that has something to do with the armed forces days that are encouraged and the loyalist marches that have appeared in the city in the past. 

I don’t want him at the club if I’m being honest too much unwanted baggage. 

Dougal

Not sure what your thinking is with the Armed Forces. What’s that got to do with anything. Might say something about you though !

• Facepalm 2

Not sure about source of Kyle Lafferty rumour.  However, he is a very experienced player who could partner Billy and Austin. Last year was not a good year for him after being set up for the social network. After missing a lot of games it was not unresonable that he suffered injuries if truth be known. If he is on the verge of retirement, one final contract could be real focus for him.  Having two Northern Ireland internationals up front for some games could be beneficial. Over the bridge, Malky McKay made mistakes early in his mangerial career but the dust has settled after he served his sentence. The Manager of Livingston is an example of turning life around. As is Paul McGowan at Dundee. However, no one has come up with evidence that Lafferty is indeed on our radar. Saturday's game against Elgin may result in some trialists getting a chance. It will be easy to recognise him if he is one of them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Saturday's game against Elgin may result in some trialists getting a chance. It will be easy to recognise him if he is one of them.

Bowler hat, orange sash..

(sorry couldn’t resist, you teed it up so well!)

• Funny 4
  • Sad 1

Good to see Billy signed up, but he's not going to win games on his own.  We're probably still a couple of key players/positions short and maybe 4 or 5 players short overall.

We've always been at our best with a close squad of players and my view is that Lafferty has shown on too many occasions that he is disruptive, so too much of a risk in that regard.  I'm all for second chances, but he's also shown little remorse for past indiscretions and repeats them time and again.  Then there's the fact that he has a recent, not insubstantial, injury issue.

Ticking all the wrong boxes unfortunately, as there's no doubt that, even given his age, he could be a good option alongside Billy up front.

• Agree 3

Whilst googling for anything on Lafferty I stumbled across some pics of his rather attractive wife - she was wearing a football top but appeared to have carelessly forgotten to put the shorts on. If she dresses like that at our stadium the poor girl will likely catch a chill.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Whilst googling for anything on Lafferty I stumbled across some pics of his rather attractive wife - she was wearing a football top but appeared to have carelessly forgotten to put the shorts on. If she dresses like that at our stadium the poor girl will likely catch a chill.

You are doing too much googling :lol:

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Fairly certain the Lafferty deal is off. 

Was it ever even on?! :shrug: No idea. Might he have been plan B if Billy didn’t sign, or could we really have afforded 2 very expensive strikers?

57 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Might he have been plan B if Billy didn’t sign

More feasible. While based on the high ball approach Dodds likes so would be a physical foil for Billy (akin to Phillips& Quinn or even Dodds & Shearer), he never used Oakley last year in that 'target man' role , instead opting for Samuels or Boyd - resulting in a frontline with less height than a borrowers convention.

• Sad 1

If we are going to persist with this long high ball stuff we need some height up front or in the area midfield to front. At a guess I would estimate that BIlly never got any of those high balls up to him as every defender he was up against was much bigger than him. That is not taking anyothing away from Billy as a player.It just makes sense when you have small strikers and attacking front men to keep the ball down and pass to them. Hoof ball as we call it on here has rarely worked so why persist with it unless we get some tall target man.

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Was it ever even on?! :shrug: No idea. Might he have been plan B if Billy didn’t sign, or could we really have afforded 2 very expensive strikers?

From what I've been told it was on and it wasn't contingent on anything happening with Mckay.

• Agree 1

Our ex players Broadfoot, Oakley and Boyd all lining up for Morton next season, and all squads getting finalised, so it will be interesting to see who, if any, and I would expect there to be a few, trialists on saturday. It would also be great to see some of the younger players getting extended runs in the team.

18 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Strong rumours suggesting we are signing Adam Brooks from Celtic B. A 19 year old forward. No signings from our u18s this year? 

Also heard this rumour.  Apparently turned down a contract renewal at Celtic to sign for us.  Looks an excellent prospect. Was averaging a goal a game in the Lowland League last season. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Strong rumours suggesting we are signing Adam Brooks from Celtic B. A 19 year old forward. No signings from our u18s this year? 

Sounds promising: how tall is he??

On our U18s, several got game time last season: Bray, Mackay and Strachan, who were all signed on pro contracts. I’d imagine they may go out on loan until January as those a year ahead of them did last season (Cairns, Hennem, Nicolson and Thomson).

Hopefully some of the latter group make real break through a this season. I’d be surprised if Nicolson doesn’t become a regular from what I’ve seen of him. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bobby said:

If he was a Celtic Youth and he's turned down a contract offer from them, then we'll have to pay a development fee.  Unlikely Celtic will wave that, but it'll be the only way we could afford him.

• Agree 1

On 7/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, STFU said:

If he was a Celtic Youth and he's turned down a contract offer from them, then we'll have to pay a development fee.  Unlikely Celtic will wave that, but it'll be the only way we could afford him.

Or maybe we can.  2 year deal 💪

On 7/6/2023 at 1:37 PM, Bobby said:

Adam Brooks signing has been announced.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic