FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

We don’t seem to know what our best central pairing is yet. Against Bonnyrigg, Duffy and Delaney started, with Devine replacing Duffy after he took a knock. Against Dumbarton, Devine and Duffy started with Duffy on the left side.

I’d need to watch the goals again, but Duffy has seemed the pick of the three so far, with Devine not seeming as sharp as usual yet, whilst Delaney is still growing into the role.

We have Ram missing but I was assuming our strongest pairing would be Duffy and Devine, given we’ve brought Davidson in at right back.

Hopefully they are sharper by Tuesday’s game or the impact of the loss of Deas will become stark. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

At present I think we have a weaker team than last season, whilst the league we are in has stronger teams than last season, so we still need to strengthen if we are going to make the playoffs this season.

I dream that we can boost our transfer and wage budget thanks to a Saudi club coming in with a £10m bid for Austin Samuels. The money being thrown around over there is madness!

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

At present I think we have a weaker team than last season, whilst the league we are in has stronger teams than last season, so we still need to strengthen if we are going to make the playoffs this season.

I dream that we can boost our transfer and wage budget thanks to a Saudi club coming in with a £10m bid for Austin Samuels. The money being thrown around over there is madness!

Maybe they see Dodds as a master football visionary with his hoofball and pedantic back 5 slow square passing strategy. It just we hicks in these northern climes can’t appreciate the finer points of this strategy and execution of the elan’.

Well we can only pray and hope the Arabs look further north than Glasgow. We have enough Dodds apologists dusting of last February's excuses for this August.

What’s Arabic for Billy Billy,,,, 

bc 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

...and Ethan Cairns to Forres.

As much as I'd like to have some of these guys available, particularly Cairns as he would give us something different up top, they will surely continue to develop more by playing every week rather than bench warming or ballboy gigs.

• Agree 2

I'm all for young lads getting game time in the adult game but putting Harry and Ethan out on loan seems a bit premature give the situation we found ourselves just last season.  Maybe we have a plethora of signings in the wings which will give us the depth of squad which would allow us to put these young lads out on loan but I remain to be convinced as to the wisdom of this decision. Nothing new there.....

It’s a balance. By my reckoning we have 26 players signed, including youngsters Hennem, Cairns, Thomson, Bray, Strachan and Calum Mackay, so letting those unlikely to get game time (or maybe not even make the bench) go on loan makes sense.

I take the point about injuries, and we’ve already lost Nicolson for an extended period, but hopefully we won’t suffer the same issues as last season. 

• Agree 1

On 7/27/2023 at 4:25 PM, Jack said:

Ive heard we have signed Harry Lodovica but the deal hasn't been announced due to international clearence.

Announced today and he’s been a sub at Dundee. 

The club has updated the squad numbers against the pictures on the website, although Longstaff and Lodovica are still to be added.

Squad numbers are:

1. Ridgers

2. Duffy

3. Harper

4 Welsh

5. Delaney

6. Devine

7. Gilmour

8. Carson

9. Billy Mckay

10. Doran

11. Samuels

12. MacGregor

13. not used

14 Davidson

15. Ram

16. Hyde

17. Nicolson

18. Lodovica

19. Longstaff

20. not used

21. Cammy MacKay

22. Shaw

23. Cairns

24. Brooks

25. Calum Mackay

26. Strachan

27. Hennem

28. Bray

29. Thomson

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 3:55 PM, Robert said:

Three of our youngsters have signed two year deals: Sam Nixon, Calum MacLeod and Jack Walker:

https://ictfc.com/three-ictfc-academy-graduates-sign-deals/

Nixon appeared as a trialist off the bench in the Elgin friendly. 

The lad Jack Walker is the player I've mentioned on here previously. Looks a real solid defender and a leader. Hopefully all 3 lads get an opportunity. 

1 hour ago, jed5697 said:

Can we sign Alessio Russo and Millie Bright from Englands World Cup side ? That would set the heather on fire.  

My uncle was arrested for that. Fortunately Heather recovered!

• Funny 1

That leaves us short at the back so hopefully we have someone lined up.

Our only experienced central defenders are Devine, Duffy and Delaney with young Walker in the wings. Can we recall Strachan if we don’t have someone lined up, or is the loan to January a commitment we can’t break?

• Agree 1