FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Accies Away Feb21st

tm4tj

Do We Have To

After the poor result at the Caledonian Stadium on Saturday, many fans are asking this question: Do we have to play them again? Unfortunately the answer is yes, and it's only three days after the rubbish we were subject to at the weekend. Hamilton away on Tuesday night is the venue, 7:45pm is the kick-off time. Dodds said after the game that he could "see the life being drained out of his players". For many supporters the enthusiasm is draining from their very souls making it difficult to back the present regime. Only three home wins this season has left Inverness hovering just above the relegation tussle. If things get any worse we will be involved in that tussle. The optimist in me is saying a good run of results could see us scrape into the play-offs at the top end of the table, however that seems a long shot at the moment. Many fans that venture onto the forums are questioning their sanity. Sitting out in the open air on bitterly cold Saturday afternoons watching error strewn frustratingly poor quality football is not encouraging them to splash their hard earned cash on another season ticket. The big talking point is how can we beat Livingston, who are fourth in the Premiership 3-0, then one week later get turned over by the same score by bottom of the Championship Hamilton Accies at home. Something we are getting used to now as we have only two wins in our last eleven games against Accies. Of course we live in eternal hope but even the most ardent of fans will be looking to this game with trepidation rather than anticipation. The only good news from Saturday is that Austin Samuels made a twenty minute appearance, so that's another one ticked off the list. Sutherland, Walsh, Woods, Ram and MacGregor still to make a return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match/Ticket/ Supporters Bus Info

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing has changed much since the last game three days ago therefore there's little information to impart. Accies have learned how to beat us and carry out their plan of action to a man and stick rigidly to their task. We may be slightly better suited to playing away from home. Unfortunately the results against Accies are still not forthcoming at either venue of late. 

Team Lines from Saturday: 

• ICTFC:  Ridgers, Carson, Duffy, Devine, Harper, Henderson, Welsh (Boyd 79), Allardice,
  • Shaw (Cairns 76), D Mackay (Samuels 69), B Mckay
  • Subs (not used):  C Mackay; Deas, Thompson, Delaney, Hyde, Doran
  •  
  • ACCIES:  Fulton; Tumilty (Lawson 73), Owens, D McGowan, O'Reilly (McGinn 87), L Smith (Stephenson 58),
  • Shiels, C Smith, Martin, De Bolle (Winter 73), Tiehi (Zanatta 87)
  • Subs (not used): J Smith; Easton, Newbury, Latona

CTO summary from last game  After last weeks cup result at Livingston, many were expecting better things. However the Caley Jags have the knack of ruining the weekend with another horror show against a poor Accies side who seem to be able to beat us whenever they want these days. In truth we were the architect of our own downfall with misplaced passes, defence at sixes and sevens and was that really a penalty. Difficult to pick a MotM from that performance but David Carson was one of the few who made himself available all the time and was willing to get forward.

Just when it looks like we might be turning a corner we come up with a performance like that. It defies logic to be honest and even the diehards are wondering why they bother.

Here's what Billy said on Saturday 😡

Last 3 Competitive Meetings v Accies - The 0-2 was the Challenge Cup game. 
loss.png
0 - 3
(H)
loss.png
0 - 2
(A)
loss.png
0 - 1
(H)
Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Queens Park 25 13 5 7 49 34 44
2. Dundee 24 12 6 6 40 27 42
3. Ayr United 24 11 6 7 46 32 39
4. Morton 24 10 7 7 35 28 37
5. Partick Thistle 24 11 3 10 43 38 36
6. Raith Rovers 25 9 7 9 33 33 34
7. Inverness CT 24 8 8 8 34 35 32
8. Cove Rangers 25 6 8 11 32 51 26
9. Arbroath 25 4 10 11 24 40 22
10. Hamilton Ac. 24 5 6 13 22 40 21

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
3 hours ago, Robert said:

Our away form is better than our home form, and we are due a win against Hamilton.

I may be insane but I’m quietly confident. 

Unfortunately we can’t be confident after losing 3-0 but I did think if we lost at home we’d probably take the points away instead. 

Saturday has made me think for the first time this season that the playoffs might be a step too far. I’m not giving up hope just yet, although we have a very tough run of games coming up. If we can get 3 pts tomorrow night and then get Deas and Samuels back out starting we will be in a far better place. 

Just remember when Dodds arrived we finished 5th without the playoffs…he hasn’t ruined anything in my opinion. If it’s true his contract is up in the summer and we get someone else in I’d be very surprised if we start miraculously performing better. Especially giving that 70% of our top players are free to leave in the summer. 

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

We should just send the youth team down, like we did in the Challenge Cup, although they got beaten as well, I heard they put up a much better fight than the first team did on Saturday. 

Under 10s would put up a better fight than our first team at the moment.

• Agree 1

We've played Hamilton three times this season and have yet to score against them. We are, in fact, losing 6-0 on aggregate, so,with that in mind, this has a 3-0 ICT win written all over it. Go on, put a fiver on it :ponder:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

The record against Hamilton is getting silly now. Please put a halt to it and allow sanity to return to the fine supporters of ICT. 😃 put a smile on everyone's face and set the tone for a sustained assault on doing the double 😃 or is it double trouble. A repeat of the performance against Livi ought to make it the former...🤓

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

Is he using some of the vocabulary used on here !! Again he is scapegoating and Shaw has to be demoralised- when a player bungles the team get behind him and give that little bit extra - being “drained” by that one moment is ridiculous. I expect Shaw to be hooked but I am worried that Dodds will start Doran.

And let’s face it - Dodds is here until we exit the Cup at the very least. We can’t afford the gardening and there is no one ready to step up. I am still also concerned that the powers to be are placing all their hope that we get a semi final place and are preparing the injured for that - expecting that relegation is beyond us.

Tonight may provide some hints but it is far from a D-Day situation - in fact a win may give Dodds the time he needs - but will the team play for him ??

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Is he using some of the vocabulary used on here !! Again he is scapegoating and Shaw has to be demoralised- when a player bungles the team get behind him and give that little bit extra - being “drained” by that one moment is ridiculous.

Agree.  Look at the Superbowl.  Quarterback fecks up big time... first thing the team do is give him the ball/play on the next move, he aces it, and they go on to win.

If that's not what the coaches/management are instilling in players, they are culpable.

Dodds throwing a player under the bus by saying it was a pivotal mistake that cost us the game and chances of league title is amateur hour level man management.

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Looks to me as though Martin gives him a pull back just as he's kicking the ball. Shaw is then looking at the referee expecting the foul to be given.

Looking at it again, I think you’ve called that right. It would have been a bit soft though but explains why he didn’t chase back right away.

Hope he scores our winner tonight!

Edited by Robert

• tm4tj unpinned this topic