FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Dundee League Cup

tm4tj

Last chance to impress

Dens Park is the venue on Sunday for what will be our final league cup game of this 'pre-season' in a 3:00pm kick-off. All is lost as it's only the three best second placed teams that qualify for the knockout stages. In the other game in group E, Airdrie take on Bonnyrigg with Dumbarton having played all their games. The best we can take from Dens Park/Kilmac Stadium is to find out our best starting XI and get more game time and understanding amongst the players before we open our Championship account against Queens Park next Saturday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match Info/Tickets/Supporters Bus

Ethan Cairns & Harry Hennem on Loan

£££Cash turnstile for ICT Fans on the day£££

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team             P   W    D   L   GF    GA     GD  Pts

Air  4   4  0   0   7 2 5    12  

Dun  3   2  0 1 4 2 2

Dum  4   1  1 2 3 6 -3   5 

ICT   3    1   0   2 5 6 -1   3 

Bon   4    0   1   3 1 4 -3  1 

Airdrie beat Bonnyrigg 1-0 on Saturday to win the group and be the seeded team in the draw. Dundee will need to beat us to have any chance of being one of the three best second placed teams to progress. They will also need to add some goals to boost their chances of qualifying. We just need to turn up and get some serious practice ahead of the Championship Season next weekend. It could be a long day...

F2RPbvhXcAAq1Gd?format=png&name=smallLatest Team News

Sean Welsh and Roddy MacGregor missed out against Airdrie but Welsh will be fit although Roddy might be better waiting another week. Lewis Nicolson has injured his knee and will be out for some time.

Keith Bray was a stand-out in the second half against Airdrie with Nathan Shaw looking the most likely to add a few assists from his creative wing play. Luis Longstaff might have potential, only game time will tell. However, our defence needs to cut out the glaring individual errors which have blighted our games so far. 

Harry Lodovica is still a target and is expected to sign once the paperwork is sorted out.

Harry is in the building and good to go!

Dundee are in the big boys league now. Decent squad with plenty in reserve. By all accounts the two Mexicans are excellent acquisitions. They have added to their attacking options with the addition of physical striker Amadou Bakayoko on loan from Forest Green Rovers. Here's their squad from the 3-1 win over Dumbarton:

Legzdins

Portales   Shaughnessy   Ashcroft (Robertson 83)

Mulligan   Boateng   McGhee   Tiffoney   Beck

Robinson   Pineda (Cameron 67)

Subs not used: McCracken; Kerr, Byrne, Rudden, Anderson, Sharp, Wilkie

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

I got an e-mail from the club this morning with their match preview and the other news stories they’d issued this week. Hopefully a sign of better engagement and communication?

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
2 hours ago, Robert said:

I got an e-mail from the club this morning with their match preview and the other news stories they’d issued this week. Hopefully a sign of better engagement and communication?

Not necessarily.  Spreading and distributing poor info/communication via more outlets does not improve the quality.  It just means that more people will be subjected to it.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, STFU said:

Spreading and distributing poor info/communication via more outlets does not improve the quality.  It just means that more people will be subjected to it.

In your eyes the club is incapable of doing anything right!

Anyway we lost 1-0 so we can forget the League Cup now and focus on the league campaign. We didn’t beat Queens Park in the league last season (and only by default in the cup) so we are due a win against them. They’ve also had a poor cup group campaign.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Well Said 1

44 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Pleased that Big Harry has been signed. Big challenge for him but his height up front changes our attacking options.

Fully expect to see him punted our on the wing after a few games and doddsball continued unsuccessfully to Billy as per previous seasons

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Our first success this season - keeping the score down to 1-0 and eliminating Dundee from the competition.  Max Ram back and a few others getting invaluable experience or game time.

In retrospect it might have helped if the Club had made it clear that because of the Cup Final players were required to have 28 days rest...and that as a result, the League Cup was a bigger challenge for us this season because of the Cup Final late date in the previous season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

In your eyes the club is incapable of doing anything right!

Feel free to provide me with a list of things which are contrary to that view and I'll reconsider my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

If anyone wants to tag Dodds and the club on this right now, it'll get the excuse set up nice and early this year

We're clearly victims of if our own success and what we need is a season without any cup runs or play offs in order to get a better start and avoid being ravaged by injury.

Being out of the League Cup already means we're off to a good start in preparation for next season.

4 minutes ago, STFU said:

Feel free to provide me with a list of things which are contrary to that view and I'll reconsider my opinion.

No offence but I’ve better ways of spending my time!!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic