FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morton away March2024

tm4tj

A visit to the form team

Morton host Inverness on Saturday at 3:00pm. They are unbeaten over ninety minutes in their last 17 outings, including a 5-0 pumping of the Pars, a 3-2 win at Tannadice and they also knocked Motherwell out of the Scottish Cup. It wasn't that long ago Morton were below us in the table and now they are in contention for a play-off place at the top end of the table. Us, on the other hand, have slumped to ninth in the table with the distinct possibility of making a play-off place as well. Unfortunately, that's at the relegation end of the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match/Ticket/Bus Info

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Venue H2H v Morton Pld Won Drn Lst For Agst + / -
Home 22 12 6 4 48 20 +28
Away 20 11 3 6 38 26 +12
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 42 23 9 10 86 46 +40

We hold a fair advantage over Morton but most of that will be historical. More recently the pendulum has swung towards the Greenock club although we did take a point from the last encounter with them played at the Caledonian Stadium 0 - 0

Last 10 Competitive Meetings v Morton
draw.png
0 - 0
(H)
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
win.png
2 - 1
(A)
draw.png
2 - 2
(H)
loss.png
0 - 4
(A)
loss.png
0 - 1
(H)
win.png
1 - 0
(A)
loss.png
0 - 1
(H)
win.png
6 - 1
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(A)

Our last meeting at Cappielow ended in a 1 - 2 victory for the hosts. Sloppy Stuff in Greenock:  Wallace Duffy missed out with a calf injury with Jake Davidson getting a rare start and the paternal David Carson was still on maternity leave. Good to see Roddy Macgregor was on the bench following another lengthy layoff through injury alongside Sean Welsh and Nathan Shaw. Morton had three players that were on our books recently. Defender Kirk Broadfoot, wide player Stephen Boyd and striker George Oakley. And it was that man Oakley that gave Morton the lead after errors in defence. Jack Baird smashed in a second ten minutes from time. Adam Brooks added a late consolation, but it was too little too late in Greenock as the revolution ground to a halt. 

Last Week

Inverness have failed to beat two of their relegation candidates over the last week. A 1-1 draw at Arbroath, thanks to a late Cammy Harper strike, was followed by a goalless draw at home to Dunfermline in a rather turgid encounter as injuries curtailed the quality of both sides. Last Five: L D 

Morton have no such issues after 17 unbeaten games. This week saw them gain four points with a win against Airdrie and a draw at Stark's Park against promotion chasing Raith Rovers, where Morton were unlucky not to come away with all three points having created the better chances. Last Five: .

image.pngimage.png

image.pngIt's not difficult to spot that none of the Inverness players feature in the top scorers list. However Robbie Muirhead and George Oakley of Morton are included.

Ferguson has massive injury problems ahead of this game. The latest disaster has Charlie Gilmour out for the rest of the season. Just what we need with only ten games left to save our season. Nathan Shaw will miss a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. Max Anderson should return after suspension. 

Portugese and Czech players on trial this week, we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, the Caley Jags are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Samson Lawal on loan from Livingston until the end of the season. Lawal, 19 years-old, joined Livingston on a 3-year deal in August 2023 from Nigerian side Katsina United.  

We've got injuries, haven't we>>>

Unbeaten in 17 games, Morton are on a high just now and are looking to get into second place soon.

Morton team at Raith Rovers in midweek

MacDonald

French   Baird   O'Connor   Strapp

Power   Blues

Crawford   Wilson (Gillespie 38)   Quitongo (Garrity 82)

Muirhead

Subs Not Used: Murdoch; Bearne, McGrattan, Broadfoot, Waters

• Thank You 1

• tm4tj featured and pinned this topic

Big Dunc v Imrie....I think I know the result already...and it's not good. I really can't see us getting anything from this game but there is always hope even if it's extremely minimal. 🤔

• Agree 1

The thing about us this season is that we lose when I expect us to win and win when I expect us to lose. So on that basis I am expecting us to win because I expect us to lose. Or does that mean we will lose because, oh forget it!

• Funny 5

Arbroath’s result, whilst unhelpful to us, shows anyone can beat anyone in this league. We need to show that we can upset the odds too by beating Morton.

I’ve a sneaky suspicion we can. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Table after Arbroath 3-2 Raith Rovers tonight
1. Dundee Utd 25 15 6 4 49 16 51
2. Raith Rovers 26 15 6 5 46 36 51
3. Partick Thistle 25 10 8 7 50 44 38
4. Morton 25 10 7 8 34 28 37
5. Ayr United 26 9 5 12 38 48 32
6. Airdrieonians 24 9 4 11 25 29 31
7. Queens Park 26 8 6 12 38 44 30
8. Dunfermline 25 7 8 10 28 34 29
9. Inverness CT 26 6 9 11 30 32 27
10. Arbroath 26 6 5 15 28 55 23

10 minutes ago, caley100 said:

F**kin Arbroath...  expected them to get beat.  Now look!  

Was watching it, absolute sickener for us. 0-2 going on 0-5, so one sided until Arbroath get one back out of nowhere, then Raith are rattled for 10 minutes including their keeper misjudging a cross. 

• Like 1

Arbroath ain’t giving it up without a fight - we seriously need to pull our socks up pdq or else that relegation playoff spot will end up looking like this season’s ambitious target! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Would rather we still had Oakley and his 8 goals this season. Quite glad to hear he may be out injured though.

There was a time when we’d look down and laugh at a team whose top striker had a mere 8 goals! Meanwhile our star striker hasn’t scored in our last 8 games, and if he was handed another penalty would you wouldn’t bet on him to put it away.

• Like 1

As mentioned above, Arbroath showed there are no easy games in this league (except when teams play us). Raith could have been out of sight in the first half if wasn't for Gaston in goal. He got MotM too by Billy Dodds. Great game of football for the neutral too in atrocious conditions in which at least three balls ended up in the sea.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

As mentioned above, Arbroath showed there are no easy games in this league (except when teams play us). Raith could have been out of sight in the first half if wasn't for Gaston in goal. He got MotM too by Billy Dodds. Great game of football for the neutral too in atrocious conditions in which at least three balls ended up in the sea.

Mind you we beat Raith at their place too, stuck 3 past Partick, were so close at home to Dundee United, stuck 4 past Queens Parks. We have our moments. What we need is a Doods-esque run of straight wins

Our home form is a problem, but got to say the difference in atmosphere between a Caley home and and away match is quite stark.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, IBM said:

They win 3 - 2!

Arbroath- a club with unity, spirit and fight. Plus a manager used to relegation battles.

ICT - none of the above at this present time sadly. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
Changed 'team' to 'club' as more appropriate.
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Arbroath- a club with unity, spirit and fight. Plus a manager used to relegation battles.

ICT - none of the above at this present time sadly. 

Sadly I find myself having to agree.

Lacking a bit of passion on the pitch, And not showing a real sense of fight ( At home anyway) but maybe, Just maybe they will get the finger out today, Scrape a win and 3 very valuable points.

Edited by caley100
  • Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

Not going there to lay down to Morton today. They are a bully side, get them closed down and no backing off. Give us a result today and let's get the song sheet on this page changed. You can do it !

• Like 3
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, caley100 said:

Sadly I find myself having to agree.

Lacking a bit of passion on the pitch, And not showing a real sense of fight ( At home anyway) but maybe, Just maybe they will get the finger out today, Scrape a win and 3 very valuable points.

I sincerely hope so.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic