FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick away March 2024

tm4tj

"As I've said to you before..." this guy is absolutely feckin delusional, isn't he.

Everyone elses fault, no accountability, world's against us.  No wonder Gardiner liked him so much and was keen to appoint him.

Edited by STFU
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The stats aren’t actually bad for a match away to the side in 3rd place, and with us a man down for half an hour!

IMG_0019.jpeg

I was there. If we played till midnight we wouldn't have scored. After the non pen then their offside goal we never looked like doing anything 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I was there. If we played till midnight we wouldn't have scored. After the non pen then their offside goal we never looked like doing anything 

Yip, another ‘fine performance’ without any goals. 

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Without a shadow of doubt next week is a must win game if ever there was one!

If we do win it, and it is a big if, then hopefully that will give them some confidence to take into the QP game and beyond.

All we can do is hope, I think the believe ship has already sailed.

We’re Donald Ducked. 9th it is, and 4 cup finals to save the season.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

I would now take 9th place tbh. I fear that Arbroath will beat us next week and we will be overtaken by them. There is nothing in our coaching staff or current squad with any capability to halt the continued downward spiral. 

You think that, even if we take 0 points from 15, Arbroath can take 10 from 18? I’ll have a bit of that action, what odds are you offering?

12 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yip, another ‘fine performance’ without any goals. 

We’re Donald Ducked. 9th it is, and 4 cup finals to save the season.

And we could face Alloa and Hamilton who we’ve struggled against in recent seasons. 

I think we all thought the new "celebratory" manager was going to be our saviour, once he'd settled in.

Now we have to accept that the best we can do is get a result against Hamilton or whoever in the playoffs.

And our celebratory manager is just a celebratory. He ain't a manager!

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, buckett said:

Now we have to accept that the best we can do is get a result against Hamilton or whoever in the playoffs.

I wish it were that simple. It's not like the Premiership playoffs. We come in at the semifinal v club 4.

Not long home. Where to start....

Most of 1st half we were better team. Heading towards 0-0 at half time when Samuel quite clearly manhandled to ground. Beaton says no pen....really? To add insult to injury Partick go up other end and score. Looked suspiciously offside to us but given. 

Never really got going after that. Could have played till midnight and not scored. No idea re Kerr first yellow but second was just madness. Dunc seems clueless. Looks like board were starstruck and we are stuck with him. Feel sorry for the players as they put in a shift but we really are a poor team and fully deserve to be in 9th sadly. 

Not sure I can face a home game next week....

• Well Said 2

8 hours ago, Fraz said:

WTF. What a bizarre load of tripe. Must be getting interview tips from Richie Foran. 

That was my impression. Also seemed like a carbon copy of last week’s interview at Tannadeechay.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

For a team that doesn't score goals, what chance have we got in the playoffs?

I hope we're practicing penalties cos it's the only way we'll get through with Ferguson's tactics aiming for 0-0 each game!

Approximate diary dates based on last season:

Following the Morton game, we’ll face an away trip, possibly Tues 7th, to club 4, say Montrose or Cove. Then at home on the Sunday afternoon. If we survive that, it’s rinse and repeat the following week against the winners of the other tie, say Alloa or Hamilton, away first. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Yellow cards for simulation can be appealed - for Kerr's first booking how evident was the simulation? Was the ref unsighted?

We were down other end so hard to tell. Ref seemed right on it and flashed yellow quickly. Doubt we will win without good evidence tbh 

16 hours ago, tm4tj said:

We are where we are, not because we are "excellent" or "brilliant throughout the game", or that we didn't get a penalty.

We are where we are because we are consistently sh!te.

The table doesn't lie.

• Agree 6

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Approximate diary dates based on last season:

Following the Morton game, we’ll face an away trip, possibly Tues 7th, to club 4, say Montrose or Cove. Then at home on the Sunday afternoon. If we survive that, it’s rinse and repeat the following week against the winners of the other tie, say Alloa or Hamilton, away first. 

Scary stuff!

I honestly can't see us getting through the 1st tie!

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Table after yesterday: Smokies in action in midweek
1. Dundee Utd 31 18 8 5 59 21 62
2. Raith Rovers 30 17 7 6 49 38 58
3. Partick Thistle 31 13 10 8 57 49 49
4. Dunfermline 31 11 8 12 37 41 41
5. Morton 30 11 7 12 37 34 40
6. Airdrieonians 29 11 6 12 34 34 39
7. Ayr United 30 11 5 14 43 54 38
8. Queens Park 31 9 9 13 43 50 36
9. Inverness CT 31 7 11 13 34 36 32
10. Arbroath 30 6 5 19 32 68 23