Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

40 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

You havent listed a single reason how or why you consider it affects you - just why you are annoyed?

I have - it's identity.  You clearly don't agree that that's a consideration when supporting a team.  I don't support Hibs because they have nothing to do with Inverness. 

I could ask, why are you so accepting of this bizarre arrangement?  You might toe the line and say it's about attracting better players who can't be bothered committing to the area.  Great if you can get behind a team full of such players - guys who don't want the inconvenience of travelling to Inverness, which the club would be part of in name only.  On that basis, I would be as well to support Partick - it's got "Thistle" in it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

ICT as a club stopped being embedded in the community or representing the city as soon as we started signing players from outwith the HL or local area and that isnt from this regimes watch. Suggesting its ok to recruit and fill our team with nobody players from elsewhere when its successful but not when we are struggling is hypocritical. 

Thats parochial and insular bullshit.

We have signed plenty of players from outwith the HL and local area who have done loads in the community because they have embedded themselves in the community. Carl Tremarco is a great example that jumps to mind but there are a load of others I could come up with depending on what you class as being "embedded in the community".  Carl went on to stay in the local area long after his ICT days were over and them being over was a decision made for him not by him. You can represent the city and be present and active in the community even if you come from somewhere else, and even if you go somewhere else after your ICT career is over. Where you come from is irrelevant. Wanting to play for ICT, who are based in Inverness, Scotland, is the minimum requirement. 

I would agree however that the club has become less "community" focused over the last 5 years. Prior to COVID it was all about #TogetherNESS and working together to try and make sure the club could function properly. Fast forward 5 years, and after one commercial disaster after another and dragging the club name through the mud with the battery farm, we get a statement 3 days after relegation asking for "UNITY" then another statement today that completes rips out any semblance of COMM-UNITY from our club. There is no unity without comm-unity. 

Moving training to Fife because it will make recruitment of players - who do not want to move to Inverness - will, in my opinion, have a far greater long-term impact on us than relegation. I actually just 'liked' a tweet by "Jailender" calling County the only team in the Highlands. I liked it, not because I will change loyalties, but because, right now, he is correct. We cant let this happen. 

Central to our success over the years has always been community and a sense of team spirit fostered by our distance from the central belt, which even led to the use of a bunch of hashtags a few years ago like #TogetherNESS . The current regime seem to be trying to reverse all that progress at an astonishingly rapid pace and for many fans, any move outside of Inverness, even for training, will be seen as the final straw. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 6

Surely the main issue is betrayal as this "plan" was going to go ahead, irrespective of whether we stayed up or not ? No wonder they had shackled the communication links. This may have been able to swallow if there was a consultation period and the reasoning explained and any contingency plans on how to incorporate the Academy and locally based players into the plan.

And  was the plan to include jettisoning central belt based players like Carson, Welsh and co. Is this in knowledge that Ridgers was leaving and to give Billy a swan song season. Was this the reason for not playing Roddy and loaning out youngsters to Highland League clubs ? Is this another reason for falling out with local businesses.

I have heard a rumour that we may become a feeder club for Everton and Rangers - another reason to be based in the central belt. Next season we will probably have a much improved squad and we may well get automatic promotion BUT it will be with a squad of loanees and probably 2-3 central belt journeyman. I suspect that the ploy of the Evil pair is to let all this become public one by one and slowly. 

The bottom line is that Inverness should be based in Inverness and the fan base should be an integral part of any forward planning. I never thought that Caley would die before I did !! At least when we go to heaven we can shelter in the Howden End, the Shed or the North Stand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 1

6 minutes ago, robbylad said:

I'm no financial whizz but, would anyone benefit,  money wise from the club going bust? Are any club assets there to be stripped?

My thoughts exactly, just seems to bizarre to be just a footballing decision. Has to be more to this than we are being told.

Wonder if Kelty Hearts have released a statement yet.

I am in utter shock at this statement. What has gone wrong with this club ?. This used to be a club that I was proud of. I think we as fans need to force a change at the helm of this football club. There is no logic or common sense coming from the clueless clowns that are running this club. Maybe the Board should be sent to Kelty for training and not the players.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

My thoughts exactly, just seems to bizarre to be just a footballing decision. Has to be more to this than we are being told.

One sure way to kill the club is totally alienate the supporters. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, forresjags said:

Probably along the lines of "Thanks ICT for financially supporting us this coming season. We're delighted you've never once invested in any facilities yourself in 30 years". 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Thats parochial and insular bullshit.

We have signed plenty of players from outwith the HL and local area who have done loads in the community because they have embedded themselves in the community. Carl Tremarco is a great example that jumps to mind but there are a load of others I could come up with depending on what you class as being "embedded in the community".  Carl went on to stay in the local area long after his ICT days were over and them being over was a decision made for him not by him. You can represent the city and be present and active in the community even if you come from somewhere else, and even if you go somewhere else after your ICT career is over. Where you come from is irrelevant. Wanting to play for ICT, who are based in Inverness, Scotland, is the minimum requirement. 

I would agree however that the club has become less "community" focused over the last 5 years. Prior to COVID it was all about #TogetherNESS and working together to try and make sure the club could function properly. Fast forward 5 years, and after one commercial disaster after another and dragging the club name through the mud with the battery farm, we get a statement 3 days after relegation asking for "UNITY" then another statement today that completes rips out any semblance of COMM-UNITY from our club. There is no unity without comm-unity. 

Moving training to Fife because it will make recruitment of players - who do not want to move to Inverness - will, in my opinion, have a far greater long-term impact on us than relegation. I actually just 'liked' a tweet by "Jailender" calling County the only team in the Highlands. I liked it, not because I will change loyalties, but because, right now, he is correct. We cant let this happen. 

Central to our success over the years has always been community and a sense of team spirit fostered by our distance from the central belt, which even led to the use of a bunch of hashtags a few years ago like #TogetherNESS . The current regime seem to be trying to reverse all that progress at an astonishingly rapid pace and for many fans, any move outside of Inverness, even for training, will be seen as the final straw. 

Football is an emotional sport. I'm emotionally invested in the club. It's  probably naive to expect all of the players to feel the same as I do but, you can't feel that  same connection as me from 130 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

I remember players coming to my school when I was younger and it being really exciting for everyone. And even seeing a player strolling round town was an exciting experience. These sorts of micro experiences that increase the connection between a club and its city over time are important, especially for a relatively young club, and will be lost here. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Even by Gardiner standards this is off the scale.

As someone who doesn't live locally I'm not surprised to see Yngwie trying to justify the club's position.

There's been a lot of talk about community and how the club have been alienating themselves in that regard for a few years now.

Community is about identity and belonging and a few other things which are hard to quantify in any directly measurable way.  However there is also the economic contribution that comes from being part of a community and that to has now been removed.

Fans, sponsors, advertisers etc. who are all based locally will now see a sizeable chunk of that money being spent elsewhere by players and staff who are no longer living or spending time here.  It's not just another 2 fingers up at the fans, it's another f*ck you to local businesses.  The same local businesses they were begging to renew advertising boards early just a few weeks ago as a favour.

Way to go ICTFC, f*cking way to go.

Now get to f*ck the lot of you.

• Like 1

Finally from me,what will Gardiner &co come up with next.Do you think they might change the name of the team to Kelty Thistle.

We support Inverness because it's our local team,otherwise I would and could support any team.I thought we were proud to be one of two Highland teams to play in the top Scottish leagues,accepting  that our mantle has now slipped a fair bit as we enter division 1

• Like 1

This is a ******* disgrace 

If a player doesn’t want to move to Inverness to play for our club then by **** we don’t want them.

i would rather see the club focusing on our local youngsters. Yes we probably won’t get promoted for a few years but at least these players will show some commitment 

but the deal has been done. Attendance at Caledonian stadium will be at an all time low for next season

this will finish as lads. 30 years of support for nothing. Maybe I should of followed the crowds in the 90’s a supported one of the old firm 

Due to rising costs, logistical challenges and an aversion to mothballs I am happy to advise I intend to relocate my match day experience to Station Park if ICT also are at home during the 24/5 season. Please be assured I remain wholly committed and will cheer on the team from just 15 miles or so along the road, courtesy of open all mikes.. This is regrettable but, in the present climate will free up funds to allow me to support the team in more away fixtures.

I am confident the board will endorse cost cutting messures that ensures the long term backing of travelling supporters and look forward to signalling my support to them in the opening away fixture

images (1).jpeg

Another point about all this is that if we end up with lots of fans failing to renew, we could end up losing them forever.  Once people lose the habit of attending matches they often don't get it back.  

Worth noting that the Board of directors includes Graham Bennet and Alex Chisholm, who were assured would help reconnect the club to the local community and local businesses. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

12 minutes ago, Leaky Blinder said:

Due to rising costs, logistical challenges and an aversion to mothballs I am happy to advise I intend to relocate my match day experience to Station Park if ICT also are at home during the 24/5 season. Please be assured I remain wholly committed and will cheer on the team from just 15 miles or so along the road, courtesy of open all mikes.. This is regrettable but, in the present climate will free up funds to allow me to support the team in more away fixtures.

I am confident the board will endorse cost cutting messures that ensures the long term backing of travelling supporters and look forward to signalling my support to them in the opening away fixture

images (1).jpeg

I’m sorry to suggest that at League One level, there may not be much Open All Mics coverage from reporters at the ground.

On another tack, does this decision not also seem to reflect a “central belt mentality” where the Highlands are neither understood properly nor considered important enough to matter? If there’s a problem - attempt to apply a central belt solution.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, ictchris said:

You have to ask about the board members who are signing this off.  What are they thinking?

Also, the club is owned in the main by David Sutherland.  Does he support this? 

Don't think that's the case anymore? 

3 hours ago, jagster said:

This could be the final nail in the coffin. 20 years season ticket can’t see myself and my son renewing now. This stinks of a Gardiner move. 
We started in division 3 all the way up to premier league and for the last 30 years have managed. This isn’t about anything other than the fact the useless shower who have been in charge have dragged us down to this. If we managed before we should be able to manage now. I feel totally deflated coming home from work and reading all this 🥲

Of course it's him. Revenge? 

Was this the fantastic 30 year anniversary celebration ?

Morrison is one pathetic chairman who clearly is beyond doubt out of his depth . You clearly have no idea how to run a football club and by does it show . As for Gardiner and Ferguson they both know they are  finished in football anywhere else. It’s been one failure after another and I’d be surprised if they were ever employed by any other football club . The money these guys are taking out of the club in wages is absurd . In any other club they. would the first 2 cuts before all the other genuine staff that are losing their jobs

Show’s just how corrupt the 3 are . SAD really . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, robbylad said:

I'm no financial whizz but, would anyone benefit,  money wise from the club going bust? Are any club assets there to be stripped?

Well there are secured debts (check out companies house) so there must be? 

One of the many surprising things about this announcement is that it has come completely out of the blue and hadn’t leaked out through the usual online rumour mills. It’s clearly been getting worked on for a long time involving people at both ICT and Kelty, and somehow everyone involved managed to keep it under wraps. Just an observation.