FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robson

Jay_7

Guest Arab4Ever

agree with the last two posts. well apart from the bit about utd going rapidly backwords. we have been stagnating for the past 10 years and going nowhere, forward or back. maybe levein is the man to change it, maybe he isnt, who knows.

and yes, DUFC could well be ****** when ET dies. his son is by most accounts a tool.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a moron Robson is, he's got the talent to play for a far bigger club than EITHER of us. If he got his head screwed on he could earn himself a move to the Old Firm or the Premiership.

Don't talk Rubbish. He's an average player who's quite good at dead ball situations. Unfortunately he isn't good looking otherwise he'd be in the MLS  :004:

He's an average player who's quite good at dead ball situations. Unfortunately he isn't good looking otherwise he'd be in the MLS  :004:

Think Beckham is going to get quite a rude awakening at the level of skill at most teams when he arrives in the MLS .... its definitely not the EPL, La Liga, Serie A or even the SPL !!!

Don't think Barry has the ability to play much higher than he is- maybe for a top 6 club but certainly not the EPL. He maybe has a great left foot but he never had any pace. Remember  he was punted after 3 years at Rangers but we must take a bit of credit for his (relatively) increased maturity.

When you look at the whole package, I think he still has to prove he's a bigger asset than Barry Wilson.

Guest Arab4Ever

i dont think that is the real barry robson. he added me on bebo and having looked through his comments I doubt he his a professional footballer.

also his photo album has nothing but pictures lifted from media sites. his main thumbnail picture was prob taken at the player of the year thing.

plus he has joined an "anti- sheep shaggers band" despite the fact he is or at least was when he grew up an aberdeen fan. in fact its definatly not the real one, probably just a fan.

Alex McLeish said at his press conference today that he seriously considered calling up Robson to the Scotland squad as he searches for a natural left-sided attacker. In the end he plumped for Charlie Adam because Barry has been playing a more central role recently and this is an area where Scotland are very strong. From the sound of things, he will make the Scotland squad sooner rather than later. To do this while playing for such a small club would be a great achievment.

He won't play for Scotland because he isn't good enough  :rolleyes02:

I disagree.

Barry is a skillful player and the only thing that might be holding him back is attitude/temperament. I think the best is yet to come from him and CL is the man to bring it out. Hate to say it but DUFC next season will be a lot different (and better) than in previous seasons.

Agred on all points Scotty, and another thing no-one's mentioned yet is that he's got a huge supporter in Craig Levein, who's described him as "far and away our [united's] best player". I suspect that that's exactly the way to keep a player of Barry's high self-reagrd onside, especially coming from an ex-player and manager of Levein's reputation. Barry will be at the heart of an imporved Utd side next season, much as I'd love to see him back at ICT.

Surely that just confirms how important he considers Robson will be to Utd having a good start to next season? Don't think anyone will stop Robson being a niggly wee s***e, Levein's presumably accepted that's something he'll have to live with - just like we'll probably have to live with that with Blackie (and without wanting to revive an old argument, I think we'd be mad to punt Blackie for that reason).

Not determined to get the last word in, honest (just a bit pissed and farting about online) but I reckon a good start to the saeson could be worth a lot more than 70k to any club, and especially one with Utd's potential fanbase. Utd fans seem to have a bit more faith in Levein than recent previous incumbent and if they come out of the blocks fast they could be getting 1,500 - 2,000 more per game than they are getting at the moment. No guarantee that Robson could help them do that, of course, but Levein seems to have that belief in him. Also, the grocer's thrown so much money at them that 70k is maybe less of a big deal to them than to us or Falkirk.

On the subject of starting well, does anyone feel that our fans are getting bored with the slow turnover of personnel at the club? Would two or three new faces boost atendances at home games? Personally I'm really proud of the fact that we've achieved what we have with a number of players that have been with us since the lower league days, but I rarely make home games, so I don't know what the vibe is among the fans in Inverness. New faces = bigger gates at the start of the season? Just throwing that one out for anyone more clued-up than me.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TinCanFan

If Robson plays for Scotland does that mean he will be the first player to play for ICT and then play for Scotland?