FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Or home and away form

chris123

Last year only Celtic had a better away record than us. Our form at TCS was *****.

This year we couldnt buy an away win and TCS was a fortress.

I worked out that if we took last years away form and added it to this seasons home form we would have finished with 67 points (2 points ahead of aberdeen - europe).

What happend to our away form and how did our home form get so good?

The difference between Brewster and Christie as a manager? Brewster was always more counter attacking, conservative football I felt. Perfect for playing away from home but not so good for playing at home when teams would employ the same tactic against us and we couldn't break teams down.

Now under Charlie we are more open as we try and play better football both home and away. As a result we now are better at breaking teams down in Inverness but leave ourselves more open away from home.

It's quite remarkable how our home and away form have completely changed in the space of a season, and it can only come down to changes in tactics and approach by Charlie.

Only St Mirren have worse away form, but home form is now very respectable.

If we can't win all our games, winning the home ones is more important - it keeps the home fans happy and is good for attendances.

This season the home form was sorted. Next seasons challenge is to marry the two previous seasons together.

Edit to add..........we haven't actually done that bad away either....unbeaten ten games. 3 wins 7 draws.

Yngwie.........ICT 9 away losses, Killie, Motherwell 9, Falkirk, DU 10, Hibs 11, Dunfermline 13. In my book that makes your statement very wrong.