FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae to play in Elgin

kiltarlity

Niculae will sign today

Agent and Niculae were in one of our cabs last night in sneck. Driver told me he was told 99% chance deal goes through today.

So I guess he could in theory  debut tonight.

(Of course if he signs today, CC won't play him till he's trained and fit. But a nice thought all the same..! lol)

Graham

Well... according to BBC news this morning Nico was back in the north for more talks, Bennett said however that they a long way from a deal, and there needs to be a clause in place in case from both parties in case things dont turn out.

I'm very surprised that this possible deal is still live. It had all seemed to be fading away, with the player and his agent presumably touting themselves around Europe for the last 2 weeks in search of a better offer.

I'm very surprised that this possible deal is still live. It had all seemed to be fading away, with the player and his agent presumably touting themselves around Europe for the last 2 weeks in search of a better offer.

Can't help but think that if this guy was any good, we wouldn't be at the races.  :024:

Caleyboy start being positive! This would be a massive coup! :crazy07:

Sorry PIG but somethinmg is not quite right about this one.  :018:

I can see both sides here ... and both could be right as far as I am concerned.

The player has openly said that he wants to play in the SPL in the hope he will get a dream move to either the OF or to England. He therefore sees ICT as a stepping stone to that goal. In that respect it would be reasonable to assume that he will try hard, score goals and do everything he can to put himself in the shop window .....

On the other hand, here is a player, who if you look at his stats has gone from a great early career that saw him banging in goals left right and centre for both club and country and then being snapped up by one of the traditionally big European clubs to a recent career blighted by injury and a drought in front of goal that saw his career take a downward turn as he went from Lisbon to Liege and then Mainz ..... could he be a dud looking for a pay cheque or like Dargo and many others before him, could he be a player whose career ICT resurrects ?

Its a bold move, and if he does what his early career shows he can do then he may well earn ICT as much as he costs with vital goals to take us to the top 6 or to a cup final .... This is one that CC and GB need to carefully consider and make a judgement based on what they see in training or friendlies rather than be blinded (or blindsided) by his credentials or the recommendations of Hagi/Popescu

Guest TinCanFan

If Niculae does sign for ICT and then moves to the Old Firm after only one season and scores against ICT a goal which could knock us out the cup wouldn't be better not to sign him at all.  You can't help but feel you're being used.

If Niculae does sign for ICT and then moves to the Old Firm after only one season and scores against ICT a goal which could knock us out the cup wouldn't be better not to sign him at all.  You can't help but feel you're being used.

In this case it would be a symbiotic relationship .... yes we would be being used by the player in an effort to get a big move, but we would also be receiving the benefit of his services (and 100% effort) as he tries to make that move a reality ..... I would be more concerned if he plays badly and doesnt get a move as that costs us more money !

Turn your scenario on its head for a minute .... would you turn down goals that maybe saw us climb into the top six ? or that took us through to a cup final this season ? Apart from potentially helping the club to progress, there is a lot of money at stake for each place higher we finish in the table or for reaching the latter stages of the cup, not to mention the higher gates for more attractive fixtures after the split if we do indeed make the top six ... if he can be one part of the complete jigsaw that helps us do that then fair play to him and good luck to him when he moves on ....

Back to your scenario - If Celtic didnt buy him, they would still probably buy another striker who had the potential to score against ICT .... but hopefully Deano would get a couple to ensure we win it 2-1  :003:

Guest TinCanFan

[back to your scenario - If Celtic didnt buy him, they would still probably buy another striker who had the potential to score against ICT .... but hopefully Deano would get a couple to ensure we win it 2-1  :003:

He wouldn't score against ICT if ICT did not sign him.  I'm really in two minds about the whole thing.

Niculae will sign today

Agent and Niculae were in one of our cabs last night in sneck. Driver told me he was told 99% chance deal goes through today.

(Of course if he signs today, CC won't play him till he's trained and fit. But a nice thought all the same..! lol)

Graham

Good call  :clapping03:

I'm currently in the process of phoning around mates to see if any of them have old Romanian strips/flags (from World Cup games v. England) to welcome him if he's at the Elgin City game tonight  :crazy07:

Niculae will sign today

Graham

Good call  :clapping03:

Thanks Kencar...

I don't post here much..

I am pleased I was right and that nobody told me I was taking squirelesque...lol

I had the Hart story the night of Rockness also, but decided not to break it (because of topic!!)... in case I was mis-informed...

Can you imagine my suprise when it finally came out  4/5 days later..

Its amazing what you here and see on the Taxis...

Graham (all the 2's)

I don't post here much..

I am pleased I was right and that nobody told me I was taking squirelesque...lol

I had the Hart story the night of Rockness also, but decided not to break it (because of topic!!)... in case I was mis-informed...

with a common sense attitude like that, I wish you would post more ... it would save us a lot of work !  :015: :015:

Lots of speculation about top six, cup finals and moves to the OF.

Personally I'll be happy if he fills Dargos boots on the scoring front and as a result keeps ICT in 11th place or higher by the end of the season. Without Dargo we were in deep shecht and I simply couldn't see where the essential goals for survival were going to come from. Hopefully this guy and McDonald will fill the void that existed up front for much of last season. Here's also hoping this is the season when Denzil finally proves imself in the SPL.