FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hart to leave?

Tree

I have the utmost admiration for the player as imo he offers a great deal more options than any other midfield player we have. He has been a good serveant for a number of seasons but there is obviously a problem behind the scenes when he is not getting the recognition he deserves.

However, if he is found guilty, the club must immediately cancel his contract for obvious reasons.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

However, if he is found guilty, the club must immediately cancel his contract for obvious reasons.

That's probably what a lot of people think but Boston Utd recently signed a prisoner!

At a previous workplace of mine, there was a young girl who got herself embroiled in some narcotic shenanigans and found herself in deep shecht. Instead of sacking her, the company paid for her to attend drug re-hab and councilling and kept her job open for her.

It struck me as a much more enlightened approach than chucking her out the door and adding to her troubles.

I'm not suggesting Ritchie Hart has a drug problem, but whether he's found guilty or not, wouldn't it be good for the club to try and help the situation and preserve the ICT career of (for me) one of their most exciting players. This isn't just out of pure altruism, if they did bin him, it'll take them a long time to find a replacement.

Let's give Richie the benefit of the doubt - he was great when he came on as sub against Rangers - the only player who got "stuck in". 

If he is proven guilty, then ICT must give him help to get over this, not just cast him aside.

If not guilty, then move on and give him evey support as a player.

If the courts, when presented with all the evidence, find him guilty then they will dish out the punishment that is required. In that situation, I believe the club should not compound that punishment by kicking him when he is down and instead help him to redeem himself and put the episode behind him.

If the courts, when presented with all the evidence, find him not guilty or the case not proven then any talk of punishment should of course be binned and he will likely be due quite a few apologies from people who have prejudged him in this matter.

to use one of the hated football phrases .... at the end of the day, we will have to wait for the outcome before we truly know what is appropriate.

Why should Hart feel he has to leave the club or even face the possibility of being released in the first place  :017:

Fair enough he without too much comment for obvious legal reasons is in a current position regarding an illegal substance guilty or not guilty, but what he does in his personal life is and should be his own business, its how he plays on the pitch that matters to me as an ICT supporter and given this incident shall we call it took place at Rock Ness it should have no baring on him as a professional footballer as it was during the summer in his own time when the club i believe ? were not in training on a daily basis.

Its only because he is a professional footballer its got the media attention it did, how many others are arrested at gigs and go unnoticed and go back to their jobs after and the gaffer doesn't know about it ?

Hart was allowed back by the club and had a meeting with CC, when he could so easily have been sacked on the spot, he came back, must have trained well enough and played a part in the game against Rangers and played no different to anybody else that day and if he puts 100% effort in training and games hes picked for then he can still have a good career after this whatever the outcome.

If Oldham can play a person who has ran away from the scene of an accident and been in prison for 2/3 years then Hart should have no problems staying in the game.

If he is guilty or not guilty he will have sure learnt a lesson from all of this.

Give the guy a chance.

*mods feel free to edit anything out which may cause problems, done best to not say anything that could affect the legal situation  :003:

I couldn't give a ***** what he does in his personal life, I'm only concerned with how he performs on the pitch.

:clapping03: :clapping03:

Can't say I agree with that. Sure I dont give two fecks if hes left his misses or drives a porsche, but fitbaw players are supposed to be role models and weather we like it or not, kids are always more likely to look up to their sporting heroes than gandhi or mother teresa.

At a previous workplace of mine, there was a young girl who got herself embroiled in some narcotic shenanigans and found herself in deep shecht. Instead of sacking her, the company paid for her to attend drug re-hab and councilling and kept her job open for her.

It struck me as a much more enlightened approach than chucking her out the door and adding to her troubles.

I'm not suggesting Ritchie Hart has a drug problem, but whether he's found guilty or not, wouldn't it be good for the club to try and help the situation and preserve the ICT career of (for me) one of their most exciting players. This isn't just out of pure altruism, if they did bin him, it'll take them a long time to find a replacement.

Can I just applaud this forward thinking responsible employer......

I developed a drink prob in my late teens early 20's. I did not realise I had crossed the line from heavy drinking into alcoholic drinking..

I was in trouble with the police, in my personal life, financial life,  and in big trouble at work... It was only when I was confronted with the sack that I admitted to myself the extent of my problem.

My bosses gave me one chance to sort myself out and allowed me paid leave to go to rehab... it was there I started to deal with my problem and got myself involved in a fellowship with a 12 step program who have supported me from that day on.

I went back to work, and in time I was promoted.

I married another member of staff.. and today have a 7year old daughter who has never seen me drunk..

I believe if I hadn't been given that chance, I probably would not be here today..  to tell this story.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everyone deserves a second chance.

G

Can I just applaud this forward thinking responsible employer......

I developed a drink prob in my late teens early 20's. I did not realise I had crossed the line from heavy drinking into alcoholic drinking..

I was in trouble with the police, in my personal life, financial life,  and in big trouble at work... It was only when I was confronted with the sack that I admitted to myself the extent of my problem.

My bosses gave me one chance to sort myself out and allowed me paid leave to go to rehab... it was there I started to deal with my problem and got myself involved in a fellowship with a 12 step program who have supported me from that day on.

I went back to work, and in time I was promoted.

I married another member of staff.. and today have a 7year old daughter who has never seen me drunk..

I believe if I hadn't been given that chance, I probably would not be here today..  to tell this story.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everyone deserves a second chance.

G

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Can't say I agree with that. Sure I dont give two fecks if hes left his misses or drives a porsche, but fitbaw players are supposed to be role models and weather we like it or not, kids are always more likely to look up to their sporting heroes than gandhi or mother teresa.

I coach the local P6/7 age group round here, and while they all dream of being the next Rooney, Ronaldhino, Beckham etc, I've yet to hear any of them saying they're going to be the next Ritchie Hart!!

I wonder if this is his way of trying to get more first 11 starts by throwing his toys out of the pram and coming out with this

to be fair, we have heard nothing in the press or attributable to the player himself so it doesnt seem like that .......

You probably wont hear any of them aspire to being the next anyone at ICT nor indeed any other Scottish league player.

I also coach a local p7 team and I now notice alot of them both diving and squaring up to the ref, something my school team never did.

I knew a young boy that spent about a year growing his hair to have dreadlocks like Henrik Larsson, only to shave it all off when he did.(Ok, thats not quite taking illegal substances i'll grant you.)

Football players at most levels be it conference or premiership are constantly in the public eye and have far more influence on young people. There for I beleive that they should act as role models for children, rather than doing as they please.

[modbreak=Edit by CaleyD]We cannot allow statements of assumed guilt/innocence[/modbreak]

As much as I would like to see ICT support any employee with personal lifestyle problems, the fact of the matter is that the ruling bodies in football take very serious action against anyone using banned substances. Random urine and blood tests are carried out and if an trace is found, the player is in deep flite.

Anyhow, RH is still one of our top players and I hope he is given the starts he deserves.

Seems to me that this thread is deteriorating into something it shouldn't. Phrases like "he deserves a second chance". Second chance for what? I cant say much on here because of the rules other than to say [modbreak=Edit by CaleyD]Sorry Alex, know where you were trying to come from and although I am in agreement, a "character witness" would fall in to the same category as other presumed evidence.[/modbreak] The way the thread is going is GUILTY TILL PROVED INNOCENT.

I am in agreement with Alex and we (the mods) are trying our hardest to allow this discussion to flow.  However I find myself having to edit posts in this thread nearly every time I visit it because people don't understand, or choose to ignore the simple fact that you can't post regarding alleged evidence or assumed innocence/guilt.  People are also tripping up over this fact when trying to come to defence of the player when people are making such assumptions  and it's becoming a bit of a nightmare and it is all quickly leading towards the thread being closed down altogether.

I know how frustrating it is and their are things I would like to say myself but I can't as I am governed by the same restrictions as everyone else.  Unfortunately that's the way it has to be for now.  Some may think it is overkill, but I'd rather we erred on the side of caution and if that means I end up removing something which may have been ok then so be it.  Feel free to PM/e.mail myself, Scotty or any of the other moderators if you think something has been edited harshly and it will be reviewed.

You probably wont hear any of them aspire to being the next anyone at ICT nor indeed any other Scottish league player.

I also coach a local p7 team and I now notice alot of them both diving and squaring up to the ref, something my school team never did.

I knew a young boy that spent about a year growing his hair to have dreadlocks like Henrik Larsson, only to shave it all off when he did.(Ok, thats not quite taking illegal substances i'll grant you.)

Football players at most levels be it conference or premiership are constantly in the public eye and have far more influence on young people. There for I beleive that they should act as role models for children, rather than doing as they please.

[modbreak=Edit by CaleyD]We cannot allow statements of assumed guilt/innocence[/modbreak]

Sorry, overstepped the line on that one.