FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Warnock "I could definately see myself at ICT"

kiltarlity

LG got it spot on.

I dont know whit peope are thinking about on here this week I am amazed at how gullible the posts have been.

Football no matter what folk think is dominated by one thing, money.  Warnock was probably earning somewhere between 500 to 800K at Sheffield does anybody realistically expect him t odrop to 60 - 80K tops,

Why would we only be offering Warnock ?80k tops? When Brewster decided to jumped ship in Jan 06 did we not agree to match his salary at DU? Surely that was a tad over ?80k.

I think the "baggage" Savage is referring to is the fact Warnock has over 20yrs managerial experience!

Have read it thanks, the guy was always having a decent break after leaving Sheffield, said it the day he left.

And having had a decent break he makes it perfectly clear that living and working in Inverness is something that would have held a lot of appeal for him... (unlike various others)

He would have had some idea of the money that would have been offered in this situation... That was clearly not going to a deciding factor....

I still can't believe our board have ignored this guy.....  :024:

the board are running scared of warnock plain and simple.there is no other reason why they would ignore a guy of his standing. they are frightened to work with him when in fact he would have been the best thing that could happen to the club at this time. sure he's fiery and a bit of a header but that can be a good thing when its channelled for you and in the interest of the club

the board are running scared of warnock plain and simple.there is no other reason why they would ignore a guy of his standing. they are frightened to work with him when in fact he would have been the best thing that could happen to the club at this time. sure he's fiery and a bit of a header but that can be a good thing when its channelled for you and in the interest of the club

Totally agree......

In typical IHE fashion.......Feck me, it seems the penny is dropping at last.

This club once had tremendous fire in it's belly, we had a man leading the way that would give Warnock a run for his money in the "fiery" stakes - Bring back David Sutherland...at least he had balls and would have played us straight on the whole affair, regardless of who was appointed.

In typical IHE fashion.......Feck me, it seems the penny is dropping at last.

This club once had tremendous fire in it's belly, we had a man leading the way that would give Warnock a run for his money in the "fiery" stakes - Bring back David Sutherland...at least he had balls and would have played us straight on the whole affair, regardless of who was appointed.

Don, not sure if it's the 3 pints I just had at lunchtime, but feck me, I totally agree with you last statement!

If Warnock actually wanted the job, he would have applied for it, or made some kind of contact with the club?

He issued a come and get me plea in the media, i'd say that was contact in a way.  The least the club could have done is followed it up!

But Brewster was always in their thoughts :sillywave:

If Warnock actually wanted the job, he would have applied for it, or made some kind of contact with the club?

I read on one article that he had applied for it but I am damned if i can find that article now.

However, these links pretty much show he would like to be considered.

[LINK]

"I have often talked about managing up in Scotland," Warnock was quoted as saying. "We have family up there and my wife has already said she would like to live up in Scotland at some point. I'm dying to get back into the game and if Inverness or anybody else want to talk to me then I'd be delighted to do so."

[LINK]

He said: "I would not be against working in Scotland, but I have not spoken to anybody at Inverness." The 58-year-old, who is visiting relatives at Dunoon, added: "It would be a challenge to pit my wits against the top two in Scotland. It would not be a step down at all, I have spent most of career taking on clubs with loads of money. It is not difficult to get in contact with me, but nobody from Inverness has been in touch."

[LINK]

"He is under consideration like everyone else, but at the end of the day the club is a success, we have again made a profit this year, we have maintained SPL status, so we will have to look at wage demands and any baggage that comes with someone." Alan Savage talking about Warnock.

The fact that the board couldn't even be ersed to contact Warnock is irresponsible and utterly reprehensible -

It's becoming more & more obvious that Brewster was their choice as soon as CC handed in his notice

It would appear there was no one else even on their shortlist and no one else was interviewed....

What kind of way is that to run a business?

[LINK]

"He is under consideration like everyone else, but at the end of the day the club is a success, we have again made a profit this year, we have maintained SPL status, so we will have to look at wage demands and any baggage that comes with someone." Alan Savage talking about Warnock.