FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Away Shirt

tabs75

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

I think if you ask them to send it out they will but if you are desparate for it you can collect it. nowt much wrong with that.

You going to get your one posted or collected TCF ?

I guess I may as well go and pick it up

Well wouldn't go and know it......the club have screwed up my top, oh aye that will be every other black top as well!!!! 

Just taken a phone call from the club informing me that they've put the wrong surname down for me.  The top was my 30th birthday gift, so it was going to be a good double celebration. 

To say I'm raging in a serious understatement especially as this was marketed as the once in a life time opportunity to have your name on the top and "An ideal gift for any ICT fan you can be part of the clubs history with this limited edition shirt.  Your name can be incorporated into the fabric of the new top by the shirt manufacturer, Errea"

Well thanks very much for making a complete and utter mess of this; the compensation you offered, a new signed home top, is, in my estimation, way short of the original product offered and happily paid for.

Yours, an extremely hacked off ICT fan

I totally agree with what your saying SMEE but in all honest I can't see either the club getting ERREA making a one off top now for me, though I would love to think so... :014:

When the prime selling point of these tops was that fans were going to get their names on them surely the list of names would be checked and then checked again?

Forgot to mention in my post that I am, well my girlfriend, is getting her ?100 back plus there's the ?10 voucher.  BUT to me the money etc is not the point.  All I want is the black top with my name on it, simple as that.

Would urge all others who ordered this top to check for their names.......

As far as names are concerned the ones on the front are repeated on the bottom half of the back.

The ones with their names on the top half of the back panel have the most to be peeved about as not only do their names appear only once, their names are more likely to be obscured by names, numbers etc. :024:

Yikes!!!

I had thought all names were on twice and a few 3 times but having used TM4TJ's pictures and running them through some OCR software then checking what all names are on it, it would appear that if your name is in the outlined area then it's on there once only.

All names on the front are repeated on the back lower section.

Seems like someone somewhere has really screwed up on this and instead of repeating names on the back the whole top portion could have been left clear and names printed on the lower portion so as everyone was just on their once and not obscured by names and numbers.

post-3-1189447271_thumb.jpg

atback1.jpg_thumb

Do we know for sure that names and numbers will be put on the shirts??

I don't see it as a huge problem anyway, as the shirt people have is in their own possession and at present won't have numbers or names plastered across them. It's not like Nakamura or Jan Venegoor of Hesselink will stop Ross Tokely and start reading his shirt...... "Ha so big boy.  Hajimemashite and onegai shimasu stand still till I read the names on your shirt"................."Say?nara wee man", was the reply from Rossco, "I'm off up the park to cross for Brew to score."

Be happy in the knowledge that your name is on the shirt somewhere, now having it mis-spelt is a different story.

does it matter if the names cover over some names you have the orginal which wont be covered unless you decide to do it im well pleased my names on the front and the back cant wait to pick it up and buy a new one to wear as well just hope it fits as im not getting any smaller 

Tend to agree with TM4TJ - the names are on there regardless of whether a number will have to be attached over the top of it or not. There will be some reasonably well known names covered up including the chairman's but regardless of that, the names will still be there !!

It may have been a better idea if more names were added to the front to go lower down the shirt or if a smaller font size was used so that the top half of the back didnt have to be used at all but that might have led to some complaining that their names were tucked inside the players shorts ! So long as the name is there, it will still be on the pitch with the players and will be readable on the sponsors' commemorative copy of the shirt.

As for the 'mistake', my heart goes out to you Wilsy, as it is one that is not only frustrating but one that no matter what the club do for you will never be truly resolved. however, at the end of the day, thats what it is, a mistake and we can all make them. Did the club make the mistake?, or did it happen in Italy? who knows, but what they have offered you sounds like they are trying to do the best they can. Incidentally, if you dont mind me asking, what was the mistake ?

does it matter if the names cover over some names you have the orginal which wont be covered unless you decide to do it

I'm not overly bothered to be honest, the top itself  looks good and I am pleased with it!

I just think someone has messed up here.  It could have been done better.  Everyone who paid ?100 should have their name on the shirt once and once only, then leave room for the players names/number on the back.  It shouldn't be the case that some people have their name appearing once and some appearing twice.

Sorry for Wilsy's problem but for the other moans I dont go along with. I have one of a few hundred commemorative shirts. To me its a keepsake. There's no way I'll be able to read any of the names on the players shirts whether or not there's numbers over them so whats the big deal.

TM4TJ - They have to use names and numbers in the SPL.

OK, so it may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things, you have one with your name on for yourself etc etc, but when your shelling out ?100 for something it's not unreasonable for people to expect that it's done to a certain standard.

It must have entered someones head at some point that the players name and number was going to cover a fair few fans names and the design/layout should never have been signed off on.  It would have been so easy to avoid it that it just makes you have to shake your head at what is (unfortunately) another PR blunder by ICT - it's just one other thing that adds to the mounting frustrations.

Be he was just to lazy to look and wanted someone to do that for him  :015:

I've been playing a wee word search game trying to see if it spells out any interesting or rude words anywhere on the vertical or diagonal.....how sad is that  :029: