FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland -V- Italy

Tug

Got a ticket :022:

No, no got two tickets :022:

For the record, this pish being spouted that all the SSC members are not "real" Scotland fans and only joined for the Italy game, you had to be a member by May this year to be eligible for the Italy game

We have four SSC memberships in the family and will be at the Italy match next Saturday. Having braved the Bertie era as TA footsoldiers it's nice to be able to get payback and to have tickets for big games like France and Italy.

I don't think it's fair to see regulars miss out to the fairweather fans. But the moral of the story is to join the SSC. It's money well spent.

I never mentioned and never would that SSC members are not true fans because they are and I know plenty of them.  I also realise that I should have joined but kept printing the forms and not getting them in but still making the games.  It just annoys me a bit when there is first timers rubbing it in but I do hope you enjoy the game as it is the result that matters over everyting else.  My bi-annual membership will be signed and sealed very, very soon.

i'm not trying to rub it in. the only reason i have a ticket is becuase one of my collegues cant go, he watched me sepnd 2 hours on the phone trying to get through for a ukraine ticket and when he found out he couldnt go he thought of me.

i am sorry to all you people that are "genuine" fans as opposed to me who is apparently fair weather but hand on heart which of you could honestly say that they would turn down this opportunity if it was handed to them?

as for this thread well i only started it out of genuine excitement about the game not out of malicisousness

:009:

as for this thread well i only started it out of genuine excitement about the game not out of malicisousness

Congrats on getting a ticket and getting to the game :)

It's hopefully going to by my first Scotland game too. I should have a ticket on its way to me; an early, and most awesome, christmas present :).

It's going to take me 8.5 hours to get up to Glasgow, I've got nowhere to stay and 8.5 hours on the way back down south on Sunday. But it's going to be worth it. Ironically I cannae afford to buy anyone a christmas present now!

For anyone still after a ticket the Tartan Army forum and the gumtree.com might be worth trying, although it depends how much you consider a reasonable price for a ticket.

hand on heart which of you could honestly say that they would turn down this opportunity if it was handed to them?

Me.  I had decided not to spend time on the phones trying to get a ticket and even when I was offered a ticket I told the person to give it to someone else we knew as they had done more in terms of traveling to support the team over the years than I had ever done.

Granted, the person who ended up with the ticket was a friend and I may not have been so generous in allowing it to go to a total stranger.

i'm not trying to rub it in. the only reason i have a ticket is becuase one of my collegues cant go, he watched me sepnd 2 hours on the phone trying to get through for a ukraine ticket and when he found out he couldnt go he thought of me.

i am sorry to all you people that are "genuine" fans as opposed to me who is apparently fair weather but hand on heart which of you could honestly say that they would turn down this opportunity if it was handed to them?

:009:

Don't worry about it tug - just you go and enjoy the game.

lots of folk can't make games for all sorts of reasons some of which are really none of our business.  i know that for a while you've not been able to as you've been 'out of the country'...  govan jaggie not joining the ssc was an 'oversight' like i'm sure plenty of others too!  also too many folk have just relied on the chance of the ssc members getting 2 tickets in the past.  personally i couldn't take that chance!

just because it's your first game (and phill's too) doesn't make you any less of a supporter than anyone else imvho of course.  everyone has to start somewhere....  and it's not as if you applied for the ticket and got it - the person who did gave it to you and that's their choice.

Lets be honest, we could fill Hampden three or four times over this weekend and pubs and clubs all over the country (and to a lesser extent the rest of the world) will be jammed to the rafters with "loyal Scotland supporters" .... and most of them will tell you they stuck with Scotland through thick and thin, even in the Berti years ..... and the majority of them are talking out of their erse !!!

There are those who are telling the truth and if they havent got tickets then thats a shame but much like joining the supporters club of your club side to make sure you get priority tickets, there are ways to ensure you get priority tickets for Scotland games too .... methods that people didnt bother about during the Berti era as tickets then were about as rare as a stewarding complaint at the TCS. If these folks didnt join the SC or the travel club then thats their lookout, no-one else's

If you have a ticket for Hampden, whether its your first or 100th game - well done, its gonna be some game. I went to almost every game at Hampden from about 84-87 but then work took over and I havent been since but I would love to be there for this one.

I will however be there in spirit (or should that be spirits) as it is being shown over here live on normal TV. Its being shown on an Italian channel so chances are the commentary will be in Italian but that wont matter ... especially if I head for Scallywags and watch it with other "Canadian" Scotland fans like I did for the first France game ... that was some day, a 3 storey pub with England 0-0 Macedonia showing on the ground floor (and costing the fans $20 to watch as it was PPV), Scotland 1-0 France showing on the second floor for free as it was on regular TV and Ireland losing to Cyprus on the third floor .... The place was absolutely hoaching and the Scotland fans were wearing an array of Scotland and/or club colours ..... we were the smallest group (only about 50 of us) but we **** near lifted the roof off the place when the goal was scored and again when the final whistle blew ........ more of the same please  :003:

I know this doesn't really seem relevant, but today there were 3 speed camera vans on the A96 between Huntly and Inverurie.

Has the average speed trap begun?

Keep this in the back of your mind if your lucky enough to be going to Glasgow on Saturday.

going to the game got a ticket

my first scotland game been to

:001: :001: :001:

:001: :001: :001:

If Italy get a penalty you need to use all your poltergeist hunting powers to make the ball move just as its taken  :015: