FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Donald Park

RednBlackComeback

AWFUL news, just when you think it's got as bad as its ever going to get.....  :019: :019: :019:

Bye Parkie, thanks for everything, you have been truly amazing, and I've loved watching your touchline antics!!!! Good luck with whoever you work with (except against us). And please come back when the idiot is given his marching orders!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that DP's departure is symptomatic of a Board/Manager looking for someone to blame for poor form on the park?

DP would make an obvious fall-guy. The Board couldn't possibly lay the blame at the door of the guy they've newly appointed, could they? And with so many players rumoured to be on the way out, it wouldn't be right to pick out the ones who may be staying put.

A shame for Parky. Somtimes you can be in the right place at the wrong time.            :rolleyes02:

Donald was a very well respected man throughout the team, the players definitely thought he was a great influence, from what i know.

i dont think brew and park did see eye to eye all the time, so this was possibly goin to happen. however, park under robbo and christie was a ict legend and did so much behind the scenes and during match days. the club have lost a very good coach here, one that could come back and hurt us when his new team (whoever it may be) plays against us in future.

want to thank donald for everything he has done, fantastic servant as well!! :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

good luck wherever you go, and something tells me management mite tempt him, st johnstone anyone?? probably not, just me!!

good luck wherever you go, and something tells me management mite tempt him, st johnstone anyone?? probably not, just me!!

I'm quite sure he would be more than capable of managing St Johnstone - winning promotion wouldn't be beyond him either.... :rolleyes02:

Donald is a massive loss. He looked fine on Saturday and it is a surprise he motored up tooday to say good bye unless he was offered the St Johnstone No 2 post at the weekend. Brown and Park?

I hope he re-emerges at St Johnstone or perhaps Dunfermline maybe even with Robbo to quell the latest batch of conspiracy rumours surrounding ICT.

AWFUL news, just when you think it's got as bad as its ever going to get.....  :019: :019: :019:

I wish I could believe things wouldn't get any worse, but I fear we will witness a lot more deterioration before things start to improve....the most I find myself hoping for right now is that we can do enough on the pitch to survive the season.

I really couldn't give a hoot about Gretna and it's a sad day when we have to pin our survival hopes on the demise of another team instead of being able to rely on our own club being able to do the job they are charged with.

But, for me, this is way beyond just SPL survival, I fear that if we don't get things sorted (on and off the park) then we'll end up going the way of Partick and C*unty and slipping back through the leagues as the Board of Directors continue with an environment of "jobs for the boys" and to feck with anyone who doesn't like it.

As I have said before...it's time for us to thank certain people for the job they have done in getting us to the SPL and then allow them to move on and bring in people who are capable of sustaining our position and perhaps even moving us forward a little.

Donald Park, Craig Brewster, Ian Black, John Rankin, Stuart McCaffery, Marius Niculae....none of them are bigger than the club and I would suspect that none of them think they are bigger than the club...but these are the guys who are being made the scapegoats.  Not to mention the fans who are being dished up large portions of BS by the club time and again.  When the roots of the tree are rotting it doesn't matter how many branches you trim...it doesn't stop the tree from dieing.

I didn't think Brewster was the man for the job when he was appointed and I still don't...but I do find it hard to criticise the guy when I believe his hands are being tied by others.  Donald Park was in the same boat IMO, and he has decided enough is enough and he is getting out....I wouldn't be surprised if many of these players who are being touted for the off are doing the same thing, and I don't think the ones mentioned to date will be the last of them.

Relying on Gretna to survive the season is one thing....but can you explain how you think Gretna are going to save us from going down the pan in regards to everything else that's going on?

Grtetna are certainties to give us at least one more season in the SPL.... That will buy us a bit more time in the top flight...

Having said that - An 11th spot finish would, and should be regarded as totally unacceptable.... It would be Brewster's last season in charge of ICT...

Those responsible for his appointment would also have to consider their own futures with this club....  :018:

i wasn't overjoyed getting brewster back either but he's here and with all the problems at the top we have i have a lot of sympathy for him. whatever criticism we can lay on him i still believe he's as commited as any manager weve had to do what he feels is best for the club and give 100 %.

with all the sheite thats going on he's got a **** of a job on his hands and to be honest i dont think replacing him with anyone will solve our current problems.

sad to see d p go. you cant replace guys like him easily. however to be honest he should have been shown the door when christie left so brewster had total control to pick his team. what we got was a half measure. he'll be snapped up thats for sure.

Guest macgint71

I know for a fact that the mood is low amongst some of the players. I don't think that they had much respect for Malkie like some people on this forum think they did.

Believe it but this club is going through a real low period at the moment and I hope to God that we get through it.

I really couldn't give a hoot about Gretna and it's a sad day when we have to pin our survival hopes on the demise of another team instead of being able to rely on our own club being able to do the job they are charged with.

But, for me, this is way beyond just SPL survival, I fear that if we don't get things sorted (on and off the park) then we'll end up going the way of Partick and C*unty and slipping back through the leagues as the Board of Directors continue with an environment of "jobs for the boys" and to feck with anyone who doesn't like it.

As I have said before...it's time for us to thank certain people for the job they have done in getting us to the SPL and then allow them to move on and bring in people who are capable of sustaining our position and perhaps even moving us forward a little.

Donald Park, Craig Brewster, Ian Black, John Rankin, Stuart McCaffery, Marius Niculae....none of them are bigger than the club and I would suspect that none of them think they are bigger than the club...but these are the guys who are being made the scapegoats.  Not to mention the fans who are being dished up large portions of BS by the club time and again.  When the roots of the tree are rotting it doesn't matter how many branches you trim...it doesn't stop the tree from dieing.

I didn't think Brewster was the man for the job when he was appointed and I still don't...but I do find it hard to criticise the guy when I believe his hands are being tied by others.  Donald Park was in the same boat IMO, and he has decided enough is enough and he is getting out....I wouldn't be surprised if many of these players who are being touted for the off are doing the same thing, and I don't think the ones mentioned to date will be the last of them.

Relying on Gretna to survive the season is one thing....but can you explain how you think Gretna are going to save us from going down the pan in regards to everything else that's going on?

Top post CaleyD, dead on in the second paragraph, what we are witnessing now could go a **** of alot deeper.

Does the supporters trust have an opinion on whats going on at the moment?

Guest WynessLegend

Good luck and best wishes to Parky, wherever he ends up.

He's been an excellent and well respected member of the Management Team at ICT, passionate, and a gentleman on and off the pitch.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest Aboynamedsue

Aye its pretty obvious to all there's sh*t going on ,D P's departure appears to have been very sudden , if all was rosy then why leave mid season ????????

Aye its pretty obvious to all there's sh*t going on ,D P's departure appears to have been very sudden , if all was rosy then why leave mid season ????????

How do you know everthing was rosy? how do you know it was 'all of a sudden', i'm sure Parkie was kept on as assistant to brew only in the interim till Brew sorted out a new right hand man.

Think we will have announcement reasonably soon...

I could not have cloaked it better maself - It is what I have been saying since August and getting dogs abuse for it. Why do ya think I am so feckin angry at the moment.  :018:

Guest TinCanFan

It says on teletext today that DP left because he wanted to spend more time with his family in Edinburgh, so you can't blame him for wanting to leave.