FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Major new bbc drama in and around Inverness

12th Man

Hope Springs a new prime time drama will be filmed in and around Inverness in the Summer, Dubbed  Bad Girls in the Highlands, I thought we had enough bad girls already!

Shed productions are currently auditioning for main parts, their CV includes Bad Girls, Footballers Wives and Waterloo road.

The plot, four female ex-cons steal ?5,000,000 from one of their violent gangster husbands and head north to hide in Inverness?

Or head south? for all I know they might be from Thurso!

Cutecaleychick if you want a part get in touch with Brian Park, of Shed Productions.  Do you have any SPS experience ?

BBC Drama has commissioned Hope Springs, a new eight-part peak-time drama series set in Scotland from Shed Productions through BBC Scotland.

Hope Springs is a vibrant, thrilling and funny drama for

BBC One about four fabulous female ex-cons trying to go straight.

The series centres on Ellie, Hannah, Josie and Shoo as they embark on the final stage of their long-held plan to live out the rest of their lives on a beach in Barbados, courtesy of ?5m stolen from Ellie's violent and vengeful gangster husband.

However, by a cruel twist of fate, the glamorous girls end up in hiding in Hope Springs, a small Scottish Highland village, without any money, any passports or indeed any hope.

All they have to do is hide their true identities and keep their heads down in order to revisit their Barbados idyll... but little do they know that Hope Springs is going to change their lives forever.

Hope Springs is a sparklingly modern fish-out-of-water comedy drama set against the stunning backdrop of gorgeous Scottish scenery.

Made by Shed Productions ? the production company behind hit series including Waterloo Road, Bad Girls and Footballers' Wives ? Hope Springs is about losing millions and finding them again, falling in love in unlikely places, making a home and chasing your dreams.

But, most of all, it's about finding a real family amongst friends.

Anne Mensah is Head of Drama for BBC Scotland and Executive Producer on Hope Springs.

She comments: "After working with the team from Shed for three years on Waterloo Road, I'm delighted to bring them literally home to make their first drama in Scotland.

"Hope Springs is one of the most fun shows I've ever had a chance to be involved in ? Northern Exposure with a delicious Shed twist ? I can't wait until we start shooting.

"I'm sure audiences are going to love it."

Brian Park is Managing Director, Shed Productions and Executive Producer on Hope Springs.

He says: "Shed, or should that be MacShed, is thrilled to be finally making a peak-time drama in Scotland. It really does represent a dream we've all shared for a long time.

"Hope Springs will take some of the more familiar elements of Scottish drama ? the spectacular landscape and locations ? but gives it a very modern feel with a comedic undertone."

Filming for Hope Springs is expected to start in mid-2008 in locations around the Highlands of Scotland.

The eight-part series is scheduled to transmit on BBC One in 2008/9.