FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tezza Butcher as Scotland number 2!

SMEE

On the face of it, it seems like a good experienced pair.

I have no problem with Butcher being involved, he will certainly bring some straight talk to the position and even though its the "sweaty socks", I am sure he will bring a lot of passion as well.

[attach=1]

His managerial record may not be great - but there was something I liked about him at Motherwell. Can't quite put my finger on it, whether it was his straight talking in the media, or whether it was that he seemed to do reasonably well considering all the upheaval going on at Well during his stewardship ... but I just have a feeling he will do well with Scotland as Burley's #2

Hopefully Burley takes his Hearts form to the Scotland job !

[attach=2]

post-2-1201532370.gif

post-7-1201532370.gif

When Glen Hoddle was manager of Engerland he had a Scottish guy as his Number 2, who's name escapes me now...  :024:

That partnership worked quite well until Hoddle started engaging faith healers, and then slagged off disabled people.... :rolleyes02:

Allegedly when he went to Sidney the locals did not want him there and they did their uttmost to get rid of him, hence the short term in charge.  Not sure what the background is to that, maybe Gabby can enlighten us.

I live in Sydney and thus saw what he did first hand. My take on what happened:

He took a team which were champions of the A league (in name only as the football quality is probably of C class) and turned them from playing attacking football to utter rubbish. He wasn't helped by the loss of Dwight Yorke (tells you how good the football is that he was the start player) and his inability to replace him. As a result Sydney were pretty poor all year and sneaked into the finals only to be knocked out in the semi's. Given the investment in Sydney compared to the other teams in the league, this failure was equivalent to Celtic or Rangers finishing 4th. In terms of people wanting him out - the fans never took to him based on the lack of attacking football, and due to the final league position the directors lost faith in him and he got the dunt.

As for Craig Foster and Les Murray, they are total tools as are most of the "Soccer" commentators here. Absolutely clueless, jizz over Italian football and only mention games which involve Aussies (Harry Kewell, Timmy Cahill, Scot McDonald - jizz jizz jizz)