Tezza Butcher as Scotland number 2!

SMEE

According to Sky Sports News this morning, Terry Butcher has spoken to George Burley and is "thinking over" the offer to become assistant Scotland boss.

What a plonker..!! After some of the cr@p jobs he's had over the years he should be jumping at this opportunity...  :018:

Okay I am going to say it -

I do NOT want an Englishman as Scotland number 2 or number 3 for that matter !!

That said, I didn't want a German to be the Scotland boss either.

I think this is a mistake by Burley as it will give plenty fans an excuse to 'get on his back' if results do not go our way early on.

Burley was just quoted in the paper last week saying that Scotland had a wealth of talent when it came to Managers and coaches and that England didn't have a lot of quality in that area and that is why they went for another foreigner to manage them. Seems a little ironic then that he has ignored this so called wealth of talent and selected an Englishman to be his assistant.

Very few of that wealth of talent want the job. Pay is poor, games and get togethers few and far between and most of the time is spent banging your head against a brick wall cos the wealth of talent don't want to release players for what they see as meaningless friendlies etc.

Personally I think Butcher and Elvis could work well together and get the best out of what they have to play with whilst Burley takes the flack and deals with all the other sh**e.