FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Whats wrong with Clach

mainstander

Not much being said here about this. Im a bit surprised becuse they seem to be in big difficultys. I think a lot of ICT fans have a soft spot for Clach. So what do you think is going to happen to them and what is the problem or is it just the Corbett's against David Dowling. Should Caley Thistle take them over and use Grant Street as a training ground or could ICT put the all weather pitch their?

Thought's anybody?

They seem to have lost the support of the local population in that part of Inverness, historically their main income stream. Plus ICT may have attracted a few away. There seems to be a lack of support for football across the board in Inverness, with ICT having a lot of empty seats and Clach attracting only 300 at the weekend. Both clubs need a kick up the erse to start attracting more punters through the doors, starting with visits to schools and workplaces by players. It's in their own interests to drum up more support.

They seem to have lost the support of the local population in that part of Inverness, historically their main income stream. Plus ICT may have attracted a few away. There seems to be a lack of support for football across the board in Inverness

I think you may find that more folk are attending games now than the preceding 20 years. 300 for Clach is a low figure but given the option of SFL or SPL games there is much more competition.  :007:

Got another idea.

Why doesn't Mr Soho McGregor spend his money at Grant St and give us all an Inverness SPL Derby?  :021:

• 2 weeks later...

Further Courier article on the Clach' debate (below).

Thinking about, I'm still not sure how it could work for ICT. Yes, maybe Clach could be used as a feeder club but don't Ross County already do that?  :023:

I'm really unsure about the idea. I would hate Inverness to loose it's HL links altogether but wouldn't like to see ICT bleed money to this end.

Clach' and ICT

Having read David Dowlings comments, it seems they are doing a lot behind the scenes to rectify the situation and that it is in fact the Council who have been incompetent in their handling of the situation. The Common Good Fund has been ripped off by the Highland 2007 Committee in respect of the funds that should have been returned but were diverted into a bigger and better firework display. What if this had gone instead to develop the Grant St Park which they do own?

David Dowlings comments