Motherwell -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've wondering about Brews team selections.. tonight confirmed it for me, he's looking to set up ICT where he's selecting players for effort as opposed to skill, also players he likes prefered to the best players for the team.

That was a shyte starting team.

It's certainly a disappointing result.  Before the game I would have been looking for at least a point, but it was not to be, and according to the commentary team it was a decent game and we played our part, however like at Parkhead tonight, the better team won.

Guest Aboynamedsue

Trying to look for positives, it sounds like we created more good chances than you would have expected.

All very well but we still lost another 3 points away , at this rate i cant see us getting anything at Easter road on Saturday & certainly nothing at Parkdread next week , bottom half of the table here we come   :sillywave:

Fekin midfield :33: wat chance we got..mcbain, a defensive midfielder, duncan, a holding midfielder, cowie a grafter and imrie still to prove...

What creative players we got and who is going to create chances for us.....apart from set plays??

Brewster really needs to fix this...one win in 6??  :020:

Good night for the boo boys then, losing 3-1 away from home to the team in third place in the SPL.  Lets have the old Brewster complaints and thank god for Gretna stories. 

We lost a game, thats all.  One win in six, boo hoo.  We had no wins in six first time round.

Imagine leaving a game at half time :018:

Good night for the boo boys then, losing 3-1 away from home to the team in third place in the SPL.  Lets have the old Brewster complaints and thank god for Gretna stories. 

We lost a game, thats all.  One win in six, boo hoo.  We had no wins in six first time round.

Imagine leaving a game at half time :018:

Take it you think that we belong down the bottom of the table next to Gretna?

I believe we will finish just outside the top six, but there is little to choose between 5th to tenth.  If you look at the teams above us, who do you reckon we should replace?   If you look at the teams below us, who do you think have the ability to climb higher?  I would have to say that possibly Aberdeen and Hearts have the ability to rise up the league, and if we can't oust any of the teams above us, then we are probably looking at ninth.  On the other hand, it is still very tight and we could finish sixth or seventh.

Does that help 34

It's all Niculae's fault, if he'd been available for tonight instead of carrying a knock............. :023:

If he had been playing it could have been double figures - still being injured is better than getting dropped - hope he gets back in time for the European Championships.

I agree and think we will finish about eighth but my point is if we hadn't had that superb run of results earlier on in the season then we would have been well below of where I expect to be in the league. I am sure no-one on this site was happy with how we were doing at the start of the season.

The team that went on the five game run was:

Fraser

Defence of Tokely or Proctor right back; McGuire, Grant or Proc at Centre back; Hastings left back

Midfield of Cowie, Black, Duncan, McBain, Rankin

Up front: Generally Niculae on his own.

Disappointing to lose tonight but we have been pretty poor away from home this season and Motherwell have been playing well, both throughout the season as a whole and for the last few games.  Not easy to see us taking much from Hibs and Celtic away.