FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Guest Aboynamedsue

disapointed with the score  :020: !!!!

but we just have to keep believing!!!

win on sat is a must!!!

going by our recent away form i really doubt we'll get a win on Saturday ok i'm being negative but realistic too !!!!!!!

& why was Blackie on the bench ?? where was Barry Wilson ???

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another fine performance from the silent film duo that is Malky and Brew. Hal Roach never produced better. Could we get Alan Preston and Jim Duffy (now the Morton job's gone) in the dugout, or maybe Jim Traynor and Annie McGuire? At the least, could we shift our management team up into the stand by the press box and see if, from there, they can begin to see the problems so apparent to everyone else, while there's still time to change things? If you're not sure how the land lies, climb a hill - it's never been rocket science.

A complete pile of shyte. Motherwell completely dominated in every way and no-one would have been surprised by a 6-1 result. Brewster's tactics(!) and substitutions continue to baffle, and in this case some of the choices of starting lineup were equally mystical.

Should have stayed at home and laughed at Gordon Strachan.

I was out tonight but checked in on the line-up on via the mobile and near fell off my seat when I seen the midfield selection.  For me, McBain and Duncan were are two least effective players at the weekend and to see them picked ahead of ANYONE else was astonishing to say the least.....more so when you consider it was a 4 man midfield.

I've pretty much given Brewster the benefit of the doubt with some of his team selections of late as you could defend them on the basis of him trying different things, but tonights line-up was suicide....pure and simple. Then to add insult to injury he puts the creative players on the bench and leaves them there till it's too late.

In all honesty, I don't believe Brewster is as stupid as all that and "something else" has to be playing a part in which players are making the squad and which ones aren't.  As I said before, no player is bigger than ICT and if some are causing unrest they have to be dealt with, but you have to find a way of dealing with it that doesn't have such a heavy impact on performance and results.  Sending players to the "naughty corner" isn't going to help anyone, especially when it's players that are capable of turning a game.

Can we start leaving the EGO's at the door and get back to putting the best available team on the park...ta muchly.

perhaps the manager is rotating accordingly?

rotating !! I can think of something else he could rotate on right now  :008: :008: :008: :008: :008:

That result was not pleasant and although no disgrace to lose to a team like Motherwell who are doing pretty well under McGhee, the tactics and lineup didnt help one little bit and the manager has to take the blame for that.

Whatever the problems are behind the scenes right now - and there are too many rumours flying around (that I have chosen not to post) for that suggestion to be bull****, someone needs to go in there and sort them out and soon. The heart and spirit is being ripped from this club and that needs fixed ......

well said Scotty.  I was at the game tonight and can honestly say I haven't seen us play so badly all season.  There wasn't a player on the pitch who might have been considered worth his salt tonight.  Only about 200 brave souls from the north - all extremely disappointed.  Firstly puzzled by the team selection - who wasn't eh?  secondly puzzled by the tactics - long punt to Bayne every time - about 5% success rate!  Thirdly, really disappointed by the performance  :32: :33:.  Defence was awful, including Fraser.  Midfield didn't gel at all.  Up front, if Bayne headed right, Wyness went left and vice versa.  Slight pick up in the second half but too late.  As usual, subs too late!

Saw Grasser in Perth filling station later and he said, "long way to go on a night like this for that......."!  He didn't finish the sentence.

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ps  Should say that Well played the ball on the ground most of the game and didn't seem to have a problem with the pitch.

Also, many thanks to the Well Social Club for warm welcome before the game and to the police for their good natured and polite responses to our queries about where to park etc

You have been on about these rumours before Scotty and Scarlet is hotching to find out what this is all about but there sure seems something afoot that is stopping a free flow of energy in the team.

Not only is it disappointing but also alarming-where do we go from here.?

Is it lack of spirit, lack of cohesion, poor tactics, wilful players not wanting to work or play for each other or what other dark forces are at work? :024:

In all honesty, I don't believe Brewster is as stupid as all that and "something else" has to be playing a part in which players are making the squad and which ones aren't.  As I said before, no player is bigger than ICT and if some are causing unrest they have to be dealt with, but you have to find a way of dealing with it that doesn't have such a heavy impact on performance and results. 

Has IHE cracked your log in details as well..?

:024:

I was at the game too and heres my point of view...

1) first problem is where is bamby these days?on our good run of five games he featured heavily, and ross tonight was hopless. I can remember an instance tonight where the ball was in the left back position out for a throw.  Ross was over near the thrower and there was a man completely unmarked in the right back position - no surprise the ball was switched and they created a good chance.  The guy was too slow and was shown up tonight. Sorry but time for change there.

2)  Emrie?  Not sure why he warranted a start ahead of black for this one, st mirren trampled a win against well recently and it was only by copying thier teancious 'in your face' attitude thay succeded so well.  Black is the man for that job.

3)  Going forward the long ball wasnt working. THIS HAS TO CHANGE! i felt so depressed watching this long ball game and i feel we are capible of playing good football on the deck so why didnt we?its not like our midfield is THAT slow. Bayne is good at holding the ball up but when there is no-one there to feed off him its going to be difficult.  I wish denzil weighed twenty stone.

On a positive note it was only ?14 for a student to get in tonight unlike ?20 at st mirren  :32: :33:

And i was generally happpy with mikies performance tonight, the goal he might have saved was shot from close range. 

Here's hoping that Brew was simply prioritising the Hibs match...

ALL matches should be a priority. Motherwell may be on good form, but we should have been aiming for one point if not the three.  If we can turn out in the middle of the night and freeze our butts off, the manager could at least put out a team which doesn't have the support worrying about rugby score results.

1) first problem is where is bamby these days?

injured. hamstring problem.

2)  Emrie?  Not sure why he warranted a start ahead of black for this one, st mirren trampled a win against well recently and it was only by copying thier teancious 'in your face' attitude thay succeded so well.  Black is the man for that job.

Agree that Black should have been on from the start. By all accounts, both Duncan and McBain were below par on Saturday so perhaps they should have been 'rested' before Blackie if CB wanted Imrie to feature.

3)  Going forward the long ball wasnt working. THIS HAS TO CHANGE! i felt so depressed watching this long ball game and i feel we are capible of playing good football on the deck so why didnt we?

Agree wholeheartedly. I have always thought ICT were better when they play it on the deck .... and I mean always ... since Div3 days !!! We even laid out the Caledonian Stadium pitch with a camber that flows down from centre to edges to facilitate this (as well as drainage). When we play it on the deck we are a good passing side, in the air, its a lottery.

Guest TinCanFan

3)  Going forward the long ball wasnt working. THIS HAS TO CHANGE! i felt so depressed watching this long ball game and i feel we are capible of playing good football on the deck so why didnt we?

Agree wholeheartedly. I have always thought ICT were better when they play it on the deck .... and I mean always ... since Div3 days !!! We even laid out the Caledonian Stadium pitch with a camber that flows down from centre to edges to facilitate this (as well as drainage). When we play it on the deck we are a good passing side, in the air, its a lottery.

Is that true?

Were we not here before when Motherwell stuffed us 3-0 on October?  Just this time I really dont see us going on a run of not losing.  We were talking of Brewster being tactically inept etc etc.  Good to see that after a poor game he is on the training pitch with the team sorting it out.  Oh no he's not, he is still in Glasgow on the BBC!