FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Martin Taylor - accident or scumbag ?

Scotty

Every week there are worse challenges than that up and down the country, but they get forgotten within hours of the final whistle simply because no serious injury arises.

Taylor's challenge is nothing compared to the assault on Scott Brown in a European tie a few months ago, which resulted in a ban of just a few matches for the perpetrator.

In Taylor's case normal disciplinary procedures should apply. And Wenger should ask himself what his attitude would be if it was one of his players that committed a similar foul, because one day one of them will go in higher or harder.

Every week there are worse challenges than that up and down the country, but they get forgotten within hours of the final whistle simply because no serious injury arises.

Taylor's challenge is nothing compared to the assault on Scott Brown in a European tie a few months ago, which resulted in a ban of just a few matches for the perpetrator.

In Taylor's case normal disciplinary procedures should apply. And Wenger should ask himself what his attitude would be if it was one of his players that committed a similar foul, because one day one of them will go in higher or harder.

Well Eboue has had his studs in the bollox of other players in recent week which is shocking!!

The Guys A F****n Animal!

Not only that but a few bad challenges aswell and all Wenger does is defend him . .

Taylor is not a malicious player . . Ok it was a bad tackle but people shouting for a lifetime ban need to get a grip!

I watched the game on tv and, like the match commentators, I didn't even think it merited a red card. I think the ref chose that action after seeing the outcome. The tackle was a bit mistimed but not malicious.

These tackles happen in many games and the players get up after the magic spray. Sadly, from time to time, someone gets seriously injured. We have had players in our own team who have made tackles that could just as easily have had the same outcome.

Ayee they may be  :011: . . It was a bad challenge i'll concede that!

But all im saying is he didn't mean it . . ok red card  :33:

An extended ban at worst . . . but people are goin OTT if they're saying he shouldn't be allowed to play football again.

Correct decision to send him off. An extra few games ban afterwards perhaps as well. Wenger should also be disciplined for his comments after the game regarding banning Taylor for life.

EDIT: As I posted that Wenger has just retracted his comments!

Surprised Wenger saw it, his view from the dug-out is normally obscured, oh forgot thats only when its one of his own team. It was mis-timed no doubt, the usual case of the defender going in that little bit harder at the start of the game to try and scare the forward off but on this occasion it had drastic consequences. I wonder what retaliation would have been dished out on Taylor had he stayed on the pitch.

These things happen from time to time.  If Alex McLeish believes the player didn't mean it then that's good enough for me.  I was glad to hear Wenger retracted his post-match comments and I think Sky did the wrong thing by not just playing a replay and the reverse angle after it happened.  I think Andy Gray was the commentator saying something like, "I cannae handle this its horrible don't show it".  It should've been shown straight away just to prove that it wasn't a deliberate and cynical tackle.  It was horrific looking but Eduardo will recover.

These things happen from time to time.  If Alex McLeish believes the player didn't mean it then that's good enough for me.  I was glad to hear Wenger retracted his post-match comments and I think Sky did the wrong thing by not just playing a replay and the reverse angle after it happened.  I think Andy Gray was the commentator saying something like, "I cannae handle this its horrible don't show it".  It should've been shown straight away just to prove that it wasn't a deliberate and cynical tackle.  It was horrific looking but Eduardo will recover.

You are right about that - I switched on Sky 5 minutes after the tackle and it sounded like Andy Gray and the other guy were in a state of shock... They kept repeating that they would not be showing a replay of the incident. That affected my judgement even though I hadn't actually seen it...

Lets hope that Eduardo does make a good a full recovery...

I agree with ICTFCKev

It was a bad tackle but I've seen 10 times worse than that... I remember Reading's Stephen Hunt was the victim of an awful tackle against someone a couple of weeks ago, I cant remember who, but no action was taken at all, no free kick or anything... and the tackle was half way up his leg!

It was an unfortunate tackle, as Taylor was just clumsy and went in late on eduardo, accidentally as far as I can tell. I would think maybe a 3 match ban would suffice.

Having noe seen the video footage it was reckless but not as bad as some, there doesn't seem to be any intent to injure and the unfortunate consequenses are out of proportion to the degree of recklessness involved.

In my opinion, the authorities should base their punishment on the nature of the foul rather than the consequenses as it's often simply a matter of luck or otherwise whether serious injury is caused or not by these mistimed challenges.

In my opinion, the tackle certainly merited a red card but, taking into account the degree of recklessness involved, no more than a three match ban is merited.

It's odd how variable Arsen Wenger's eyesight can be.

I think he'll get a 3 game ban for a straight red? That should be enough. Sadly Eduardo was just too quick for him and this was the worst thing that could have happened. Talk of banning him is idiotic.

While he has retracted his statement Wenger seems to have forgotten some of the tackles being handed out to Man United players last week.

Yeah, straight red tackle, but I don't think he should be banned for any more than the three matches.

In Eduardo's case, his prognosis may well be worse because, unlike Larsson's injury, in this case it is a compund fracture (i.e. the bone can be seen sticking out of the skin). The pictures I've seen are also suggestive of dislocation at the ankle joint. It's about a year since I've done any orthopaedics, but I suspect that the surgeons will put in about enough metal to build a new Forth Road Bridge!

It's incredibly sad that this is happened, but the advances made in treating serious sports injuries have been phenomenal in recent years so I'm hopeful that there will be grounds for optimism.