ICT -V- Aberdeen : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Russell Duncan is seriously disciplined for his actions today. If Brewster is serious about discipline within the squad then Duncan has to have the book thrown at him. A fine of a weeks wages and being flogged in public should suffice. Unbelievably frustrating.

All in all it has been a much improved performance and I suppose it should give us some hope. BUT The bottom line is that we've lost AGAIN.

One game doesnt solve any and all of our problems but it certainly sounded like they were trying like **** to win so I cant slag off most of the players. I will make exceptions for Duncan, McGuire and Imrie who were all highlighted by the commentators as being under par (or stupid in Duncan's case).

First chance for a long time to hear a game (curious the online radio worked today) ...great effort and according to reports I've just heard we are in the SPL next year. Outstanding, job done, well done... great team, great management, great fans. 

I believe a player can be carded for their actions up until they get back to the changing room and it was reported that it was for something he said as he was leaving the pitch....can't imagine what kind of verbal offence could have justified a straight red though.

Just back...traffic was shocking, much like our defending!  However, I've been moaning about being bored at the last few games, and even though we lost that was an absolutely magnificent football match.  We feared the worst after the Aberdeen opener, and at 3-2, but for the first time in months we had players out there who were sweating blood.  Hundreds of fans stayed behind at the end to applaud the players off and they deserved it.  Our third goal was a work of art as well - Niculae's one touch flick releases Cowie down the right, and his first time cross picks out McBain striding through the centre to score.  Magic.

POSITIVES

Rossco - I was horrified by the decision to stick him on the right wing, and it took a while for him to settle there.  But in the second half he was incredible.  Had to be subbed because he looked like he would collapse from exhaustion.

Roy McBain - also put in a magnificent shift second half, capped with a goal.

Marius - simply a class act.  Held up play well and set up so many of our attacks with clever flick ons.

Hart - did well off the bench

Brew - not his fault we lost.  Tactically we were a bit better today, and the players gave everything second half.

NEGATIVES

Russell b***** Duncan - I think it is reasonable that your teammates receive a public apology.  Whatever you got sent off for, you are an absolute moron.  We're running out of central midfielders fast.  Mind you, in his absence we looked twice the team we were.

Phil McGuire - a wheelie bin would be more useful at centre-half.  Utterly hopeless and a liability.

Grant Munro - I don't care if the referee and standside linesman were completely incompetent (which they were) - if you were sent off after the game then you are a total idiot.

Ian Black (or the absence of)- was apparently in the Heathmount while we were playing.

Anyway, the best we've played in ages.  At 3-3 we had at least as much chance of nicking it.

I finally figured out how Brewster selects his team line-ups - he must do it like they do for the Scottish cup draw ie ball number 2 - Tokely, will play .... ball number 4 - right midfield. Then he takes on Hart and puts him left midfield!! Who in their right mind would play Tokely right midfield? I thought Tokely put in a power of work and had a great game despite being out of position. I suppose it could be worse he could have played McBain right midifield, surely not you say , but he did play him there against Rangers at home. We have a very good right midfielder at the club, oh no wait a minute we gave him away to St Johnstone

Also, we are supposed to be at home against an average team yet we play the whole game with one up front. I thought Niculae played very well but he had no support and it was 4 against 1.

That said, it was a good game and had plenty talking points. Thought we tried really hard in difficult circumstances after losing Duncan.

Deja Vu or should that be Deja Brew!!

Can't believe we lost  :009: The effort and commitment shown by the majority of our players was impressive especially when down to 10 men in the second half. That's the kind of display I'd hope for week in week out from the team and if Brew can get them playing like that every week he can stay as far as I'm concerned.

Tokely was immense and ran himself into the ground, Niculae was easily the best player on the pitch and worked tirelessly for the team and I can't believe I'm going to say this but the invisible man Roy McBain was great today - possibly his best ever game for ICT  :clapping03:

Who knows what would have happened if Duncan hadn't been so bloody stupid and got himself sent off as he was actually playing pretty well.

Gutted we lost but well done Brew & the lads  :021:

PS It may have been mentioned elsewhere already but I heard Black was in the Heathmount today rather than attending the game  :rolleyes02: