i don't know the rules............

Tug

I'd imagine that the loan agreement specifies a date, which will probably be the date of the 3rd Division Play-Off final.  Wouldn't be hard to agree an extension or early return either way.

This would mean that Garry Wood can play for Montrose in the play offs but Zander can come back after Saturday.

From what I can gather by digging through all the different handbooks it would be possible for Sutherland and Wood to return and play for ICT but it is at the discretion of the SFA as to whether they grant permission.  Provided both clubs were in agreement it doesn't seem that the SFA would normally object.

The only time a players registration automatically reverts to the original club is in the case of emergency transfers, where the specific revert date is assigned up front (as with Wilson) or transfers which expire during a transfer window.

I have to say though, that this is only my interpretation as the rules are very vague and more than a tad confusing.