FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Gretna : matchday thread

Scotty

Cant wait for the attendee's to start posting. Any bets there'll still be negativity even with a six goal win.

The only negativity I have is for the twats who had a "Brewster Out" Flag tied to the barrier, just beside the Magic Marius Romanaian Flag.

Fortunately a club official took it down just after kickoff - and it turned out that the brave souls who had made the flag were sitting miles away from it.

Otherwise a very good day.

WynessLegend? Condradicting your name there. How can you back someone who's treated Dennis so badly?

And I had to put the flag there next to my Marius one so that the players can see it. At least im making a fecking effort you t0sser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brew is having a laugh??

Good season???? I'd hate to have a bad season under Brew... :029:

And best ever points tally?? CC got 58 points, Brews got 42 so far...

As well as being clueless he cant count... Good appointment well done ICT  :clapping03:

And I though we might have a bit of a positive day.  6 goals with 6 different scorers and we still have 'fans' moaning.  What do they need to do to please some people.

Cant wait for the attendee's to start posting. Any bets there'll still be negativity even with a six goal win.

The only negativity I have is for the twats who had a "Brewster Out" Flag tied to the barrier, just beside the Magic Marius Romanaian Flag.

Fortunately a club official took it down just after kickoff - and it turned out that the brave souls who had made the flag were sitting miles away from it.

Otherwise a very good day.

WynessLegend? Condradicting your name there. How can you back someone who's treated Dennis so badly?

And I had to put the flag there next to my Marius one so that the players can see it. At least im making a fecking effort you t0sser

I have made no secret of the fact that I was unhappy with Dennis's contract withdrawal, but you now seem to be in the minority who want 'Brewster out now'.  Funny you couldn't have the banner beside yourself, making it look like others were responsible.  Brewster will have to make some tough decisions over the closed season and next year will tell whether or not he is a good manager.  Get off his case for now

Jesus some people on here.

Gretna were fecking right singin '"what a shitey home support"

What do you do on a Saturday L_G? Sit on yer arse and keep your mouth shut. Well done.

Congratulations you have answered your own question.  I certainly wasn't making banners to have the manager sacked.  I like the flags and banners and think the lads in Section G offer great support.  But you can't give the support in one hand and take it away with the other.  Brewster is our manager, whether you like it or not and for as long as he is we should be supporting him.  

I have made no secret of the fact that I was unhappy with Dennis's contract withdrawal, but you now seem to be in the minority who want 'Brewster out now'.  Funny you couldn't have the banner beside yourself, making it look like others were responsible.  Brewster will have to make some tough decisions over the closed season and next year will tell whether or not he is a good manager.  Get off his case for now

I still want him out!  A win against Gretna doesn't make him a good manager and neither does a few semi decent results after the split in games that don't even matter and yet he has his strongest team out!

Brewster is no good when it comes to games that matter!  We did nothing in the cups this year and it has been a very disappointing season in the league.

Brewster is not the man to take this club foward at all!!

What good does a "Brew out" banner do, exactly?  Your support of Marius is great, I thought it was a superb idea to have that flag, and I'd like to think it encourages him.  But what on earth do you expect to achieve with anti-Brew banners?

While I was as vocal a critic of Brew as any during February and March, some people have got to get a grip.  Remember how many points we had when he took over?  About as many as a British Eurovision song contest entry.  It's certainly been a tough season, but to call ninth a disaster?!  What does that make Kilmarnock's season?

The way this is going, we are going to have a four season SPL record of eighth-seventh-eighth-ninth.  Back in May 2004 I'd have taken that.  And for goodness sake, our last two games before crushing Gretna were a comfortable, entertaining win over Killie and a narrow defeat at Tynecastle.  Hardly reason to slag him off so much, even if that terrible run of form a couple of months ago is fresh in the mind.

The one thing that everyone agrees on is that our transfer activity this summer will make or break us.  That will be something to judge Brew on.

Can you tell I'm on L_G's side in this argument.

What do you do on a Saturday L_G? Sit on yer arse and keep your mouth shut. Well done.

Congratulations you have answered your own question.  I certainly wasn't making banners to have the manager sacked.  I like the flags and banners and think the lads in Section G offer great support.  But you can't give the support in one hand and take it away with the other.  Brewster is our manager, whether you like it or not and for as long as he is we should be supporting him.  

What absolute bollox. So if the guy is the manager we should support him? What if he came out and deliberately lost a game or something and admitted it but didn't get sacked. Do we still support him?

Have you ever said "I think we should sell _____" after a series of bad performances? Its the same for Brew.

What absolute bollox. So if the guy is the manager we should support him? What if he came out and deliberately lost a game or something and admitted it but didn't get sacked. Do we still support him?

Have you ever said "I think we should sell _____" after a series of bad performances? Its the same for Brew.

What utter drivel.  Why would he deliberately lose a game, but if he did something terrible and we looked like being relegated then yes I'm sure there would be an army of fans on here asking for him to be sacked.  We are safe in the SPL for another season and the activity in the summer transfer market will make or break us for next season and then I think we can judge Brewster the manager.

We are not going to agree, to just you have your opinions and I'll have mine, but I see no benefit whatsoever in calling for the managers head with 2 games to go til the end of the season when we are already safe

My point L_G was that you said and I quote , "as long as Brewster is our manager we should support him"

I was saying, that THAT is utter drivel, as what if etc. etc., he would still be our manager so does that mean we have to support him?

brewater has done ok like others say lets see who we sell and buy in the summer i for one thought the banner was in poor taste but thats in my oppinion  but everyones free to air there views in whatever way they feel

Brewster is our manager, whether you like it or not and for as long as he is we should be supporting him.  

Spot on.

I despair of this club sometimes.

CaleyD Niculae - It became apparent early on that Gretna were going to try and mark Niculae out of the game and credit has to be given where it's due.  He had 2 men on him the entire game and instead of constantly dragging them in to the area with him, whenever McAllister was in the middle Niculae dragged his markers away from the action creating a bit more space.

Marius defence.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll take the same again in every game if we can score 6 goals!!!

Before anyone asks ......... Imrie's goal is the second earliest for ICT in the league

ICT FASTEST GOALS FOR: 

31 seconds ? Craig Dargo ? SPL v Celtic 18.12.05

37 seconds - Dougie Imrie - SPL v Gretna 3.5.08

40 Seconds ? Barry Robson ? League v Ross County 9.11.02

54 Seconds ? Craig Dargo v Livingston 8.11.05

56 Seconds ? Steve Hislop - League v Brechin 29.11.03

mmmm - BBC and other sites listing at 37 seconds, official site listing it at 31 ........ wonder if it is joint fastest goal or second top ?

Definitely 31. I looked at my watch the instant the ball hit the back of the net, had a quick word with Fiona about it (see herearler post) and then went out to check with Ian Broadfoot who had the same figure. This is Caley Thistle's joint fastest competitive goal which Ian has now confirmed as 31 seconds by Craig Dargo v Celtic on 18.12.05.

thanks Charles - Fiona posted the same earlier in the thread so i guess it is now the joint fastest goal in ICT history.

thanks Charles - Fiona posted the same earlier in the thread so i guess it is now the joint fastest goal in ICT history.

There was actually a faster one (12 or 19 seconds I think) in the first friendly on the Italy tour in 2006. I was at the game and saw the goal but I think the reason I'm not sure about the time was that the crowd was also an all time low, even for ICT, and I can't remember which was the 12 and which the 19.. or was it the score that was 12-0? That game actually produced ICT's fastest goal, smallest crowd and record score, friendlies included. But yesterday's goal is joint fastest in a competitive game.

Win our next two games and we better our best ever points total.

While not entirely true as LG points out I feel this simply shows that other clubs, such as Falkirk, have overtaken us this season and teams like St. Mirren will do so next season.

The irony...

After having watched all different kinds of dross being served up this season, I take one week off, and look what happens!

Watching the goals on BBC, there wasn't a dud amongst them, all with great build up play. And all different scorers. Cowie with another volley!

It will be up to CB to work out why that worked so well, and to see if we can repeat it over the next two games. Grand stuff.

It will be up to CB to work out why that worked so well,

Possibly the fact that we were playing Gretna...

I don't actually believe that Gretna were all that bad yesterday.  We had 6 goals from 6 different players, I don't care who we were playing I'll take it any week.  I was feeling quite good after such a good result, but I can now understand why most of the players don't even look on this site now, where many have been regular viewers in the past.  Such negativity would get anyone down.  :012: :012:

I do find it baffling that a while ago there was a vote on Brew and 82% of fans wanted him gone, now its down to about 50%. Magic what a couple games against Gretna can do for you...

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but a poll on an internet fans' forum is hardly likely to give an accurate cross-section of fans' opinions.

The silent majority, unmoved by anti-Brew hysteria seem quite prepared to give him a chance. (according to a poll)