FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Inverness Caley Manager

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was wondering what fans are thinking of who could replace Craig Brewster as manager of ICTFC?

my contenders would be Robbo, Barry Wilson, Kenny McDowall, Steve Kenny, Pat Fenlon and possibly Bobby Williamson.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

i think its a bit out of order,considering brewsters still in the job,how would you like it if peopel at your work discussed your repalcement when you were still in the job :018: :008:

Anyone normal who underperforms in the way that that clueless eejit has would expect their job to be in jepordy but like I say he's clueless.

The poll here should allow people to change their votes. It could be like one of those swingometers you get on the news at election times.

With all due respect to Blackieforce, footbasll management is quite unlike anyother job and, like it or not, it has become accepted for fans to siscuss replacements for managers who are still in post, especially those who have performed as badly as Craig Brewster.

Ican't say I would relish it personally if it happened to me but it goes with the territory nowadays.

Indeed...

I think Kevin MacDonald would be decent. Local lad who played at the top level through-out the 80s, after being spotted playing for Caledonian. Won a treble at Liverpool.

He's currently manager of Aston Villa's reserve team who won the Southern Reserve League this season, and was the Republic of Ireland Assistant Manager to Steve Staunton.

I tend to agree with Blackieforce that we shouldn't be discussing this while Brew is still in place.  But some of the suggestions already made on here are laughable.  On his appoinment I felt that Brew should be given  time to get things right, probably up to the end of next season, and I still feel this way.  It would appear that the powers that be are thinking along similar lines, for I can't see Brew being replaced in the short term.

Its difficult to say whats best or who's best. Brew will be here next season. Its what he does and who he brings in that will decide his future. I've never been one for returning managers so wouldn't be happy with Robbo though if he was brought in he'd get my support. There aren't many managers out there, that dont already have better jobs than we could offer, with the credentials and at the right price. McCoist could be one though. If he could be persuaded away from Rangers. I'd like to see Barry as assistant to someone who could coach him in the finer points of management. Another that could maybe do the job is Duncan Shearer. He's learned a lot since he was last here.

We are in a much better position now than when Brew took over.

Similarly, when he left last time, we were in a much better position than when he first joined us.

Although I don't always agree with how he goes about his business, I am well aware that he is better qualified to manage a football team than I am. And indeed better qualified than everyone else who posts on this forum.

I, personally, am prepared to give him a chance to prove himself and will not fall into the trap of baying for his departure before he's even fully settled into his job. And I would expect the club to have a similar view. He's gotta have a chance to prepare a team for his first full season in charge. Come January next year we'll be in a much better position to judge Brew the manager.

i think its a bit out of order,considering brewsters still in the job,how would you like it if peopel at your work discussed your repalcement when you were still in the job :018: :008:

You seem to have no problem doing the same with Wyness.

Oh - Stephen Kenny?  :015:

Re- Ally McCoist.  I believe he was approached before Rangers signed him up for the backroom and turned us down as he didn't want to move.

Steven Pressley with Paterson or Robbo as Assistant and Christie/Wilson as coaches.

Kevin MacDonald.

But apparantly after meeting him in the English reserve play-off match between Liverpool & Aston Villa, Rafa Benitez wants him to replace Alex Miller as coach at LFC, because Millers gone to manage a Japanese team.

But I think he's got a great CV, he's been in coaching a while, but never made the step up to management. We could change that...

Kevin MacDonald.

But apparantly after meeting him in the English reserve play-off match between Liverpool & Aston Villa, Rafa Benitez wants him to replace Alex Miller as coach at LFC, because Millers gone to manage a Japanese team.

But I think he's got a great CV, he's been in coaching a while, but never made the step up to management. We could change that...

i heard sammy lee was getting that job? maybe i heard wrong though