FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Inverness Caley Manager

Guest Mahonio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brew needs to get off the touchline and up into the stand so he can get a proper overview of the battle. You don't play chess with your chin on the table...

Yes, I've often thought that these folk have a very poor view of proceedings from their "technical area".

Guest Mahonio

OK,  What about Craig Brown, Jim Duffy, Joe Miller, Rowan Alexander or Paul Lambert?

God, the list of possibilities is endless.

OK,  What about Craig Brown, Jim Duffy, Joe Miller, Rowan Alexander or Paul Lambert?

God, the list of possibilities is endless.

and their list of achievements in management ??? With the possible exception of Craig Brown who was boring rather than crap, that list is extremely scary.

Guest Mahonio

Scotty, i take it you would like Brew to stay!!!

If not, then give me your choices if mine are so bad!!!  :018: :018: :018:

Mahonio don't even try voicing your opinion V a senior moderator, you will never win and if you start to prove them wrong or that you are correct you well get banned or something along those lines.They love the power!

Roscoe, please dont take this thread off topic.

opinions are fine and i dont give a toss whether they agree with my viewpoint or not. I am entitled to my own opinion and to ask a reasonable question of another poster to back up their statement. I have not abused the poster nor made any personal comments about them .... that would be abuse and it is such abuse that is not fine. You unfortunately seem to be unable to tell the difference. I find that somewhat surprising considering that you were complaining long and loud to admin when people were making comments about your occupation a few months ago and we (quite rightly) took your side. As for power - I couldnt care less about using it or not. I only do it when I feel I have to and most of the time I just leave it to the mods.

now. back on topic.

Mahonio - I think it is quite obvious from my postings in the last few months where I stand on Brewster ..... I was 100% anti-Brewster just a few months back, even moreso when I believed he treated a number of our players, especially Denzil, in a shoddy manner but yes I have softened my stance somewhat and am now firmly in the undecided category.

I had the chance a few weeks ago on a trip back to Inverness to get some comments from a few trusted friends with excellent contacts and the stories they told me were somewhat different to what has been posted on here by other posters. I dont know who is right but these stories gave me a somewhat more rounded picture of what I believe to be the situation at the club. If they are true, then Brewster has been blamed for a lot of things that were not his fault or for changes he is trying to make that might be painful in the short term but may ultimately improve the club

As I said, I dont know who is right, but think from now to Christmas will either make or break him.

As for my choice to replace him were he to leave or be sacked then that would probably be John Hughes. I have also warmed to the idea of Steven Pressley based on earlier comments on this thread that rebutted my original idea about him.

Guest Mahonio

Fair Comment Scotty, and by the way sorry for my last comment! 

i don't have a good choice of managers eh?  :015: :015: :015: :015:

I was actually in favour of John Robertson or Stevie Pressley before Brew got re-appointed with Neil Warnock not far behind them.

As i said above i am really sorry for my last comment.

Fair Comment Scotty, and by the way sorry for my last comment! 

i don't have a good choice of managers eh?  :015: :015: :015: :015:

I was actually in favour of John Robertson or Stevie Pressley before Brew got re-appointed with Neil Warnock not far behind them.

As i said above i am really sorry for my last comment.

no apology necessary, I dont think you have anything to be sorry about !!! You have your opinion and everyone else has theirs - some will agree, some will not ... looking at your list again, I might say that I was being harsh on Jim Duffy too .... I am not a fan of Brown as I think he is boring (but has a decent record), Duffy would probably be ok as well and has been mentioned in the past, but Miller, Lambert and especially Alexander would scare me .... as far as I can see they have done nothing in management to warrant a position as manager of an SPL club. I remember going to Dumfries in the days when we played QOS on a regular basis and Alexander was boss there at the time. Most of the queens fans had nothing good to say about him and i doubt whether Gretna fans would say anything better ....

Of the guys around at the moment I think that Yogi Hughes would be the best fit for our club. I doubt we would get him from Falkirk but if he was available and we were managerless then I think he would be worth a try. He has done a good job at Falkirk, a club that is of a similar size to us these days, and a club that also has similar cash constraints. He has a rapport with the fans (even opposition ones) because he gets a laugh and a joke with them but also wears his heart on his sleeve and talks straight in interviews, and he also has an eye for a decent player ... getting the likes of Stokes in on loan or realising that an old timer like Russell Latapy can still be effective if used sparingly. If Brewster is to stay, I would like to think he may try to be a bit more like Hughes.

Pressley is an undoubted leader. He was a leader at Hearts and still exudes that aura since leaving them. I didnt realise he was involved in the coaching setup on the national team and that is what made me change my mind about him somewhat. He would be a risk as a manager as he has no club management experience but maybe his lack of experience could be offset by having an experienced assistant ......

At the end of the day though, Brewster is still in the job and I hope he will convert me (and many more of us) from undecided to a believer by proving he can build a team that can move forward rather than backward.

Some people are saying Lambert is the best manager Wycombe have had since O'Neill and he's destined for big things too  :010:

I Have to agree with Scotty having Lambert would be scary, especially as his only form managing in Scotland was failed spell at Livingston.

I couldn't name any managers, who are not currently at a more successful team than us, who I think could do a better job at the moment. Robbo perhaps. Craig Brewster deserves the chance to show what he can do over the next few months. He does have contacts in the game and he may persuade two or three good players to come and help in the development of our youngsters. If he can get the right mix of youth and experience then I think he may get the rest right.

I was like Scotty in that I didn't want the club to be seen to be going backwards by bringing Brew back but, over the years, I have seen our board make some good choices and I have to trust that they know what they're doing now.

John Robertson for me without any shadow of doubt.

However, now is not the time to be changing Managers, the Board have decided that Brewster is doing an acceptable job and he remains the manager until next season is under way.  As much as that fills me with dread and as much as I believe that 2008/09 is shaping up to be our worst season in the history of the club he has to be allowed the chance to see whatever plan he has in mind through till the first quarter of the season.

I was shown something yesterday which suggested that ICT will need EIGHT new players for the forthcoming season.  Be they new signings or younger guys stepping up to the plate is anyones guess, but it's a scarey thought, especially when you hear/see comments suggesting that we won't be all that active in the transfer market.

The other thing is...whoever is the Manager, certain people involved with the club have to learn to butt out and let them do the job they are employed to do and stop hindering them with political/business nonsense which is having a huge detrimental effect on ICT on the pitch at the moment.

However, now is not the time to be changing Managers, the Board have decided that Brewster is doing an acceptable job and he remains the manager until next season is under way. 

Now would be the perfect time to get rid of Brewster and bring in a new manager, giving that new man plenty time over pre-season to make changes and bring in the nessecary players required to take the club forward.

My main worry is Brewster fecks it up again next season and if he does last until christmas then we mess about in the middle of the season getting a new manager in with little time in January to refresh the squad and panic buys much the same way Brewster did last August.

Oh well, I suppose we can always change our Manager every year until we find Mr Perfect.

Then he won't have to prove himself, he won't have to grow into the job, everybody will respect him , agree with his attitude and policy, do his bidding on the park, never criticise him , the Board will lick his boots, there will be no conflict AND EVERYBODY , INCLUDING THE AGREEABLE FANS, WILL BE .......EATING PIE IN THE SKY.

:angel13:

Guest Mahonio

Ok i know my choices have been very poor to say the least but what about Sandy Stewart or Donald park as next Inverness boss :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:?

Guest Mahonio

I take it PB is Brewster's wifes initials or am i wrong?

If so, can you tell me what or who it stands for?

The list is endless as i said earlier in this topic, also am surprised Neil Warnock hasn't been mentioned again.

I take it PB is Brewster's wifes initials or am i wrong?

Wrong .... your "crime" has more to do with laughing at Donald Park than anything to do with Brewster .... nevermind though, the mods are ready to help you when she arrives .... :hiding03:

am surprised Neil Warnock hasn't been mentioned again.

Neil Warnock was never a candidate .... not seriously anyway. It was all spin, and although we bought it initially it was soon shown to be yet another piece of misinformation from upstairs. Whether you believe Warnock was a willing participant in this spin will very much depend on who you speak to.

Like a few other posters on here, I am slowly coming around to the idea that many (but not all) of the problems we have seen this year are not CB's fault. He has to shoulder the blame for a few things - and I think we have discussed these to death - but a lot of what has been going on has been beyond his control and must sit fairly and squarely on the shoulders of those in the boardroom and to some extent, the dressing room.

There seems to have been a lot of "politics" going on and more than one "pissing match" and this has percolated through the whole stadium like the flow from a trough with a broken pipe on a matchday (sorry best 'pee' analogy i could think of). There are egos at play here (in both boardroom and dressing room) and I just hope the new chairman (and the manager) is able to rise above it all and be allowed to do his job with minimal interference from anyone as the alternative is another season like this (or worse). If either of them has to bang heads together, then I hope they are not afraid to do so.

I really hope Brew does fantastically well next season.  It's going to be challenging and a really good number of new faces will be required this summer.

Sooner or later, though, he will jump or be pushed.  At that point I would like to see the name of Billy Dods considered as a potential replacement.

From my informed sources ( aren't they all? :004:) I predict there will be new faces at the club this coming year.

Remember you heard it on here.  :011:

I also predict that the drainage under the playing surface ,despite the Aquifer, will continue to do an excellent job and leave the playing surface,  which is almost in the best shape at this time of all the SPL clubs, will be in even better shape at kick-off time. :002:

Or, as my ex partner, now deceased, (aren't they all), was wont to say about our joint venture commencing  29 years ago and about to wind up on 31 May 2008..."arkle , sparkle , farkle".  :015:

For further predictions, all from top sources, send a money order for 25 pounds to Uncle Scarlet, c/o Scotty the man, Toronto, Ontario, or for quicker delivery to Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, Parliament Hill, Ottawa. Inclusion of your email address plus your computer I.D. will attract a 5% discount and future considerations.

:getmecoat: :cdn: