FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steve Lovell

AJS

anyone know if elliot does come,will it be a loan deal(as mentioned before) or a permenant deal?

It's a loan deal for the season i believe.

Guest gerrybrisbane

Simon Lynch is on a free ATM, trialling with Partick after 2 years out here with Queensland Roar.  Did quite well but never got a fair crack of the whip, the manager (Frank Farina) insisted on a lone striker, 6'4" brazilian donkey...

...to be honest i've always found Amy Mcdonald a little over opinionated (is that spelt right?) 

oh yeah but Lovell, Nah he's quick and a good eye for goal but he's had some injury problems over the years. Mind you so did Dargo. Still be risky.

Looks set to join Falkirk. Potentially another good signing for them. I'm thinking they are looking good for Top 6 this season  :rolleyes02:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ock/7514316.stm

Very good signing for the Bairns who are really making some excellent strides since they came into the SPL. Fantastic stadium with a new stand being constructed, increasing numbers of season tickets being sold, good squad being assembled and a significantly better wage budget than ourselves.

I can see O'Brien setting Lovell up for a few this season. Falkirk to break into the Top 6 this year I think. Much like Saint Mirren I am slightly jealous as an ICT fan with our club seemingly content to sit back and watch other teams promoted after us take more steps towards the Top 6.

Rig, I agree with your above feelings re Falkirk but I would also add that they have a 'hands on manager' who appears to be astute at his job, good banter with both home and away fans and is possibly the cream, as far as interviewers are concerned, amongst the SPL managers.

Alex, the only thing about the fan base in Falkirk is the OF problem. When the OF came calling the locals change sides and the home support is much reduced.  I always felt that Falkirk, with the large population both in and around the area, should have a well established SPL team at the top end of the league. The fact that they can also enjoy the fruits of their geographic situation by accommodating the home loving weegie players or for that matter, Edinburgh based players, puts them in a much better position than ICT.

Having spent some years on the terracing, watching, for a while, their 'star' forward ( and he makes a better manager than he ever did a player ), Alex Ferguson, in action, I have a wee soft spot for the Bairns BUT it disappears when they come calling to the Sneck!!

Falkirk may have been promoted after us but they've been here before and should have been back up long before us. Even in there spell in div 1 they have always maintained a strong fan base of around 6000 ST holders.

Yup and they are really building on that fanbase and this year looks a good year ahead for Falkirk FC. Certainly both St. Mirren and Falkirk fans are looking forward to this season a lot more than ICT fans going on what I've read (although I accept that won't be wholly representative but there certainly appears to be markedly different feelings about the approaching season).

Why is it that clubs around us in the league make better signings.  :007:

Falkirk for instance have Burton O'Brien and Steve Lovell, it cant all boil down to location can it? There wages cant be that different to ours.

Why is it that clubs around us in the league make better signings.   :007:

Falkirk for instance have Burton O'Brien and Steve Lovell, it cant all boil down to location can it? There wages cant be that different to ours.

Falkirk can offer much better wages than us and can afford higher transfer fees. It's quite disappointing in this case as we have lost out on Burton O'Brien and Lovell but look at it like this - Falkirk beat us to the signing of John Stewart  :004: