FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steve Lovell

AJS

• 3 weeks later...

Lovell or Elliot? If that is the choice then Lovell all the way please!

absolutely!

the fact that killie and falkirk are showing interest could mean that perhaps Lovell is willing to lower his wage demands after leaving the dons. by all accounts he was on a decent wage there so maybe he is now 'affordable' to lower league table clubs.

I wouldn't read too much into the Falkirk and Hibs interest in Lovell, they seem to be doing ok on the signing front and I don't think they'd be interested in getting caught in a bidding war.  Kilmarnock on the other hand are desperate to sign someone after Russell did his knee in and and looks like he could be out for 3 months+.  They were already in the market for a striker and now they need two it's going to make our job of finding someone all the tougher (and more expensive) as they will be able to match anything we can offer, plus they have location on their side.

it's going to make our job of finding someone all the tougher (and more expensive) as they will be able to match anything we can offer, plus they have location on their side.

Also better manager, better squad, more amibtion, better stadium, better board (probably)......

who Kilmarnock???

Jeffries who stated just after christmas that Killie "had nothing to play for anymore"

Killie's squad is weak, they're one of the few teams in the SPL that I'd struggle to find anyone that would improve our first team

stadium, fair enough but it is filled with OF supporters that can't afford season tickets for their preferred teams

good pies though!

They aim for more than "avoid relegation" every year.

They have a stronger squad than ours, I would take; Craig Bryson, Alan Combe(2nd choice Keeper), Frazer Wright, Garry Hay, Simon Ford, Jamie Hammil, Rhain Dodds, Martyn Corrigan, David Fernandez, William Gibson.

Also....Good News.

anyone know if elliot does come,will it be a loan deal(as mentioned before) or a permenant deal?so we have barrowman as wyness replacement,and elliot as bayne,s so if marius goes ,hopefully we,ll bring another att in again,hopefully brew has identified someone already

They have a stronger squad than ours, I would take; Craig Bryson, Alan Combe(2nd choice Keeper), Frazer Wright, Garry Hay, Simon Ford, Jamie Hammil, Rhain Dodds, Martyn Corrigan, David Fernandez, William Gibson.

I'm trying to look on the positives I'm hoping Killie are one of the teams we can finish ahead of this season..

Gibson, Ford, Bryson & Fernandez (although wages & injuries I don't think he'd be worth the hassle)

Also....Good News.

I wouldn't take any one of those players. Killie might aim for more than relegation but they are a bottom six team like we are. They also have very little in the way of money.

You wouldn't take Craig Bryson? He pretty much destroyed us on his own last March!! He is potentially a quality young player

At an absolute push yes I would take Bryson but I honestly feel that our midfield is fine as it is. Certainly no defenders or strikers from Killie I would. Not that they have any strikers!