FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I POD FRAZZELED

Guest couchpotato

Guest couchpotato

Got a 30 gb i pod classic which has been workin away fine for 18 months ,on the plane going on hols ,was watchin "still game" on it and leaned to get something from under the seat, i pod sound went off then picture froze then total malfunction,now any attemt to switch on is met with worrying rattly sounds and vibration from the i pod (which i take to be a fecked hard drive)and wee icon of sick i pod and web addy to contact.Any one got any ideas, any one local who can fix? lost without it  :019:

Guest couchpotato

sounds terminal  :007: minimum repair cost with Apple of ?112,guess it's time to think of a replacement,cheeers for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get the cover off, try disconnecting the hard drive and reconnect....since you have that whir & vibration there seems to be still life in the old dear...worked for me

google for opening your Pod as it aint easy

• 1 month later...

i had something similar wrong , and rather than spend a fortune on Apple support , i spend a few hours googling it and on one site i saw something that caught my eye so i tried it and it worked , however if it didnt work i would have been left with a dud ipod and no chance of any company touching it to repair it

really have to weight up the pros and cons before you open it up