FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee Utd -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

At least it looks like Brew is at long last coming to terms with the player selection - Gutted about Black - was waiting to see him and Duncan pairing up again.

How did the midfield five line up and play thereafter ? How did Rosscoe and Hastings fare ?

they did clearly miss blackie, lost the control of the midfield for a the first 20 min of second half. McBain not in the game whatsoever, Cowie was ok, Imirie a shadow of himself from last week, Wilson was ok. Vigurs was probably the only one that still put in half desent performance, his passing was pretty good as usual always on the deck but we definitely missed black no doubt about it.

after black went off it was: cowie playing off barrowman.

Imirie Vigurs McBain Wilson

cowie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McBain was fine yesterday, and did his usual nonstop running. Just a shame he missed a real sitter in the early stages.

It's Imrie that does my head in. Mince again yesterday, but just occasionally he puts in a great performance. He really needs to start getting some consistency. As I said before, Cowie started well. Probably the best I've seen him for a while. He really dipped in the second half though, and absolutely nothing was going right for him.

I didnt think that Brew would get dished the dirt at Tannadice. He is a leg end there and I am sure that they will be the team he supports, after ICT of course. It must have been difficult for him as it must feel like you are batting for both sides.

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

just back from the game, oh the attendance was i think over 6000. em i felt we were unlucky today, maybe deserved a draw, we missed blackie in the second half i think. just need to get that ball in the back the net, bounce of the ball in the box maybe against us but we are creating chances, just need to finish them. individually i thought our best players were black, vigurs, duff and cowie. barrowman put up a good fight against the two big horses at the back, however, it was our two ian's who were again passing the ball on the deck every chance they got...black and vigurs look frustrated at lack of movement from other players in the team...top football brains these two, maybe noone else on the same wave length...its a shame. all in all a bit unlucky to lose the game, a draw a fair result.

My analysis of the game, Fraser-good game, no chance with first goal, the result of Duff's inexperience,no help from defence for the second goal, otherwise a good game, Tokely-running up and down the park(his usual self) gets no where (again as usual) posted missing on a number of occassions, Duff-his inexperience showed, resulting in the first goal, however has a lot of potential, probably more than McGuire and Munro, better football player,where were the experienced players, they should be helping him, Munro-did OK!,still wondering if he can actually play the beloved game, his left foot MUST be sore, the number of times he BOOTS the ball up the park beggers belief, can he PASS the ball,( I keep repeating myself), I have yet to see it, Hastings-tries to play football, tries to pass the ball,lacks concentration at times when defending, can cost us, Imrie-busy on the park, his final ball always lets him down, McBain-Busy, good going forward, but old legs getting weary, Cowie-Busy,worked hard, put himself about, with no end results, Vigurs- good game, composed, tries to play football, needs the assistance of the experienced players, good potential, if mentored correctly, Blackie-shakey in the first 5 mins, then became composed, used the ball well, covered the park, definetly lost it when he went off, Bannerman-didnt work hard enough, flatters to decieve, needs to be stronger when the ball is played into his feet, or body, didnt do anything yesterday, I thought he should have scored, but didnt want to get dirty. Yet again Brew's subs?

We will no doubt hear something today, when he went down after Dods tackle ( he should have been booked) i thought he had dislocated his shoulder - very worried as we were doing pretty well, pity Duff lost his man for that header.

Those two incidents had a big bearing on the game unfortuately, we never recovered from Blacks withdrawl as ICT only started putting pressure on them after we went 2 down, Cowie for me is a mystery.

Edited by caley100

Just read the match report of the game in todays Daily Express.....

Seems as we created a load of chances and could easily have scored 6 or 7.

Clearly losing is the worst thing of the match, but also a fact the reporter wrote was

"Lee Wilkie's goal for caley made him joint second top goalscorer for them this season." This is very worrying, after 8 SPL games, I think it's just Barrowman who has scored 2 goals in the SPL. It is a worry that we to be honest don't have someone that will stick the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis. A few of us raised this at the end of the transfer window, Barrowman was a regular scorer in the 2nd division, Rooney hasn't proved at all anywhere he can score goals, Wood doesn't seem up to SPL standard and Rory....well....he's Rory ain't he!

So like I have said, the defeat is obviously the worst thing but that fact is rather worrying and I can't see where our goals are going to come from!

So far in the SPL we've scored more than we've conceded so it isn't really an issue at the moment!

However, the next 3 fixtures are just about as tough as it gets and I'm more than a little worried that we'll be bottom of the SPL come the end of play on November 1st :rotflmao:

After 8 games ICT are the only team outside the filth brothers to have a plus goal difference !! I think there will be a few teams that will be worried this year, at the moment 3rd to last place is only 2 wins apart. It's a certainty there will be ups and downs but it will be about January before the picture becomes clearer

That was a feckin good feedback gillian - remind me to show ya how to use the smileys. How is yer sons shoulder today ?

IHE my son is a daughter,but thanks, her shoulder is fine, Blackies on the other hand not so sure, it was a bad one, but as long as he is fit for the celtic game, when you say good feed back do you agree with it all or just some of it, I try and to be honest I get tired repeating myself but week after week I despair, I think when I see the starting 11, Yes, 45mins later or should I say 75mins later, for F--- S--- has he had a mental block