FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

WILSON MUST STAY!

CELTIC1CALEY3

Barry's days as a player are done in the SPL IMO. But he must stay as a coach.

Don't you think if he MUST become a Coach he would have become one by now?

Ralph even if you are been primed by those at the top they should have told you he is only 36 years old

Whats his age got to do with it?

If you cant see what age has to do with been a coach enough said, maybe you havent been primed enough to understand that

Don't make ridiculous assumptions on being primed you pap, you're way off the mark. If he was good enough or thought of as a future coach he might have been considered by now thats all I'm saying.

After all Alec Cleland is coaching the under 19's is he not !!

Ralph no need to get personall I have not abused you, maybe I have hit a nerve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry stevico, give me a hug............................I am also wondering about some comments about Baza being a veteran and past it.............strewth, he's but a youngster,.................35/36

/37.......in his prime ye of little faith.

Ralph ok make youself clear you dont think barry deserves an new 5 month contract

Different question I was responding to the statement that he MUST become a coach at ICT.

Do I think he deserves a new contract for 5 months? Probably

Do I think he'll get one? Unlikely

I think the wages will be released to attempt to bring in a similar/younger version or maybe go towards other areas in the team, Only MY opinion now, not those that have primed me to say so

Sorry stevico, give me a hug............................I am also wondering about some comments about Baza being a veteran and past it.............strewth, he's but a youngster,.................35/36

:rotflmao: sorry mftj couldnt find a hug will that do?? we are talking about a legend here and why hasnt he been a coach through no fault of his own I am sure, who would you rather as a coach shearer or wilson, aside from that he has still got a lot to offer as a player IMHO

Edited by stevico1

Ralph ok make youself clear you dont think barry deserves an new 5 month contract

Different question I was responding to the statement that he MUST become a coach at ICT.

Do I think he deserves a new contract for 5 months? Probably

Do I think he'll get one? Unlikely

I think the wages will be released to attempt to bring in a similar/younger version or maybe go towards other areas in the team, Only MY opinion now, not those that have primed me to say so

Ralph not getting personal here but where do you think we can find another barry overnight, perhaps your belief in our scouting system is better than mine

Barry's days as a player are done in the SPL IMO. But he must stay as a coach.

Don't you think if he MUST become a Coach he would have become one by now?

Eh?

As with most professional players, Barry wants to get the most out of his professional career before turning to coaching. The man is 36. By your logic, Brewster should not be coaching, as I don't recall Brewster at 36 hanging up his boots and going in to coaching.

i think this is what we call a catch 22...if we dont offer barry another 6months then we're losing an experienced player who can still do a job as a sub....but at the same time if we dont offer him the extension then that's freeing up money that can go towards keeping players like blackie etc at the club....

personally i have to go with second option as the first option may be a little short sighted, although i would prefer to keep barry im not sure the club can afford to do both.

:rotflmao: sorry mftj couldnt find a hug will that do?? we are talking about a legend here and why hasnt he been a coach through no fault of his own I am sure, who would you rather as a coach shearer or wilson, aside from that he has still got a lot to offer as a player IMHO

Stevico1, I can give you the answer to that, they cant give him a coaching role, as he would show Brew up, he is a good person as well as a player, and possibly coach, he has the respect and support of the players, whilst great for him imagine the problems this would cause for Brew and his side kicks.

Stevico1, I can give you the answer to that, they cant give him a coaching role, as he would show Brew up, he is a good person as well as a player, and possibly coach, he has the respect and support of the players, whilst great for him imagine the problems this would cause for Brew and his side kicks.

Brew pulled Barry from coaching the reserves last season and Barry feels he is being pushed out the door and not wanted. I think Barry will be leaving ICT in january and playing over the bridge for the rest of the season.

One would have thought that whilst Bary is still being selected and having a part to play that a compromise of some kind can be reached until the end of the season? Perhaps it isn't that straightforward if money is tight.

If he was on the bench every week, or not playing at all, you would have to understand the clubs situation, but this is not the case.

yours hopefully.