FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Christmas Singles

Kingsmills

What are your all time most and least favourite christmas singles ? They don't necessarily have to have been at Number one.

Personally my favourite is Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues with Kirsty MacColl followed by Wizzard's I wish it Could be Christmas Every Day.

Least favourite has to ne St Winnifred's School Choir's rendition of THere's No One Quite Like Grandma closely followed by anything by Saint Cliff !

What are your all time most and least favourite christmas singles ? They don't necessarily have to have been at Number one.

Personally my favourite is Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues with Kirsty MacColl followed by Wizzard's I wish it Could be Christmas Every Day.

Least favourite has to ne St Winnifred's School Choir's rendition of THere's No One Quite Like Grandma closely followed by anything by Saint Cliff !

Kingsmill you have made it easy for me, I 100% back you up on your answers.

Not to sure which of the two favorites would be my first, probably Wizzards cause I remember it fondly as I was a kid at the time.

To be honest.....I don't really mind listening to all the REAL Christmas songs at this time of year - you know, the ones actually written for Christmas and not produced to get a number 1 for the latest Pop Idol/X Factor winner which have feck all to do with the Season of Good Will.

Best has got to be "Ring out Solstice Bells" by Jethro Tull, closely followed by Pogues and KM - Fairytale Of New Yoik and perhaps John Lennon and Yoko - Happy Xmas War is Over.

Worst - too many to mention but there's one called Santa Baby which really gets up my chuff - dunno who sang it though.

Worst - too many to mention but there's one called Santa Baby which really gets up my chuff - dunno who sang it though.

Original by Eartha Kitt, but been covered by a good few since then Everyone from Marilyn Monroe to Miss Piggy!!!