FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Reliably_Informed

I'd actually be quite surprised if Rangers were the biggest club to show interest in Black.

With Brewster at the helm I'm kinda resigned to the fact he will go, if that doesn't change soon then I guess the best we can hope for is some kind of bidding war so we get the best possible price for him....although giving any more money to Brewster to spend on the team fills me with dread!!!

If its true, I think Black would jump at the chance. Brewster and him don't see eye to eye as they regularly fall out. Shame he isn't tied up on a long-term contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs a pre-contract in January with any bigger team.

I'd actually be quite surprised if Rangers were the biggest club to show interest in Black.

With Brewster at the helm I'm kinda resigned to the fact he will go, if that doesn't change soon then I guess the best we can hope for is some kind of bidding war so we get the best possible price for him....although giving any more money to Brewster to spend on the team fills me with dread!!!

Your having a laugh , right ?

Its not only Brewster and Blackie that don't see eye to eye - Grassa doesn't like Blackie for reasons only known to him. This was made quite public when Savage was chairman. Indeed Savage was so pissed of with the treatment of Blackie he lent him his BMW. Now thats what I call a Chairman - looking after his prized assets. If only the current board and chairman take heed.

Hopefully this topic will remain in the 'rumours' thread. I would be gutted to see him go, a massive player for us and probably our highest asset, shame his contract's up this season and not next, we could have ended up with a tidy sum.

Black hates Brewster so I could see him going but on the other hand Black is a caley boy at heart and I couldn't see any club looking at him.

No he isn't.

No he isn't but he and his agent have made it clear that he would be very happy to stay if the right offer is made.

I think he does hold the club pretty close to him and it has been stated that staying here is his preferred option. I think with a decent contract he will stay. Theres no doubt he will move on to another club at some point but he's clever enough to know that he can develop his potential at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. The only worry is the recent gloom around the club may change his mind. If he doesnt stay here I can see Hearts signing him. Don't know why.

It depends maybe on Ian's opinion of Ian Black at this time! If he feels he is the finished article then maybe he wants to punt himself, via his agent, around the open market OR maybe he sees an opportunity for making a quick buck, at the moment, with his fee coming to himself/agent and not his club.

However others have left ICT and experienced the grass being less green(The Curse) I think it is fish in pools - we are a wee pool and Ian looks good here, put him elsewhere and he may find he has gone from topdog to A N Other within the new squad. Not always easy to adjust to this new life, Rierdon(?), comes to mind but he is in no way unique.

Ian could stay here, learn his trade, be seen and noticed and be written about and then, down the line, go to a much bigger club than is on offer now(IMHO) for mega bucks and be a rich man at the end of his footballing days or go now and be a journeyman player, not quite making the top grade, as he will be more money motivated, moving from club to club.

His choice!!

He is with the best club, for him, at this time.

He is staying in the best environment around.

He is appreciated by club, fans and public here.

He could become anonymous in the central belt.

The Brewster thing is a storm in a teacup as far as Ian's career is concerned. He is a young man with the footballing world at his feet in a short time from now! This is the wrong time to move, playing pools being reduced, money tight for clubs, sponsers money drying up, banks maybe calling in club debts - an uncertain time to make a non-required move.

Now Ian, I hope you read this and it gives you food for thought!

Its not only Brewster and Blackie that don't see eye to eye - Grassa doesn't like Blackie for reasons only known to him. This was made quite public when Savage was chairman. Indeed Savage was so pissed of with the treatment of Blackie he lent him his BMW. Now thats what I call a Chairman - looking after his prized assets. If only the current board and chairman take heed.

Yes thats true, it was at the time Blackie had an accident in his own car and was a bit down about a few things so Savage gave him the use of a BMW which Blackie is still using now

Not surprised either.

Black is our best player by a country mile, he will play for Scotland one day.

Adds to the growing list of ICT Stalwarts that Brew has / or is going to show the door

Park

Rankin

Dargo

Wyness

Bazza

Cowie (?)

Fraser (?)

Have i missed anybody out?

Not surprised either.

Adds to the growing list of ICT Stalwarts that Brew has / or is going to show the door

Park

Rankin

Dargo

Wyness

Bazza

Cowie (?)

Fraser (?)

I find it refreshing that you are privvy to the goings on in the boardroom at ICT as a lot of us would also like to be a fly on the wall in there!

I thought the board had some say in the above moves but I will accept your inside knowledge that it was Brew and Brew alone.

Not surprised either.

Park

Rankin

Dargo

Wyness

Bazza

Cowie (?)

Fraser (?)

Dargo was already gone when Brewster returned!

I would probably add Graham Bayne and Richie Hart to that list. I think our squad would have been much stronger had the two of them featured more throughout last season.

Not surprised either.

Park

Rankin

Dargo

Wyness

Bazza

Cowie (?)

Fraser (?)

I find it refreshing that you are privvy to the goings on in the boardroom at ICT as a lot of us would also like to be a fly on the wall in there!

I thought the board had some say in the above moves but I will accept your inside knowledge that it was Brew and Brew alone.

Glad to hear you're bowing to my superior knowledge on all things ICTFC.

This is from the BBC rumours page:

"Hearts have reached an agreement to sign the Inverness Caledonian Thistle midfielder Ian Black. He is exepcted to put pen to paper on Sunday". (The Scotsman)

I know it could only be a rumour, hence the name of the page, but its still very worrying although not surprising considering the circumstances.

I ead that article as well and i wouldnt be surprised if he has agreed to join Hearts will pay a good amount more than us and with the way they are going it could be Europe for them so with the current state of affirs surrounding us who could be blamed for wanting to jump ship like this.