FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Chairman Announced

CaleyD

Thats a bit of a surprise though it seems to only be a temporary position. I thought someone from outside would have been brought in but that could still happen. Interesting to see who's brought onto the board to replace George. Someone who does not appear in IHE's tealeaves.

All the best Kenny. I'm sure you'll do well for the club no matter how long your in the position.

I think there were one or two of the fan base, myself included, that was expecting Alan Savage to come back into the hotseat. However, this is a very nice, and welcome surprise.

Well done Kenny. All the best in your new role. :twothumbsup:

Yet another David Sutherland appointment! Good luck anyway Kenny
Think you'll find KC is very much his own man
Times must have changed then

Lets get the negative out of the way first .... Yup, he's a 'cronie' of DFS, but there's a difference between having a harmonious business and personal relationship with someone and being a lapdog. KC has proven to be his own man in terms of ICT on numerous occasions. I can think of numerous examples of ideas, concerns and/or points he has brought to the table over the last 10-12 years that I have been dealing with him, and I cant think of any examples where he has meekly "toed the party line" as you suggest.

• He was the person behind "Boardroom Banter" (both I & II), and made sure directors, even DFS as Chairman, were at least attempting to answer fan questions on a regular basis.

• He has frequently gone to bat for our fans when stewards have been heavy handed or they have been unfairly dealt with. (something I witnessed him do personally)

• He has been front and centre in trying to get the old website replaced with a new one that contains as many of the features that fans have requested such as audio/video, a decent design and more up to date info ... lots of work still to do on this but he is pushing hard on the club side to make sure they get the info out to the fans.

• He doubtless has other stuff up his sleeve, but as Operations Director he seems to be focused on making sure there is communication at all levels and we are all pulling in the same direction (as mentioned in the press release). Whilst previous chairmen may have wanted this too, I can tell you that this attitude - on an operations level - is in stark contrast to some of the previous "day to day" bosses of the business (under various job titles).

Ok, now that that bit is over, my reaction to the actual news of this appointment is (as anyone who knows my opinion of Kenny) that it is EXCELLENT NEWS !!!

As I mentioned above, I have dealt with Kenny ever since he first appeared on the scene at ICT and his appointment, however temporarily, to the Chairman's role is great news for the club and for the fans ... so long as it doesnt affect the good work he is currently doing as Operations Director.

• Agree 2

I think there were one or two of the fan base, myself included, that was expecting Alan Savage to come back into the hotseat. However, this is a very nice, and welcome surprise.

Well done Kenny. All the best in your new role. :twothumbsup:

As it currently stands, the chairman had to be from within so it had to be one of the existing six board members.

My reading of the release suggests to me that Kenny will take on the role temporarily, while talks still take place with any interested investors. As CaleyD mentioned, the board do have leeway to appoint additional directors and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that one or more of these investors may end up on the board. Once that is done they are eligible to be elected Chairman .........

Will he come and sit in the north stand and lead the singing? IHE has been terribly quiet of late.

He's game for a laugh ! I am sure if you asked him, he might consider it .... although if the stewards threw him out for standing it might make it a little difficult to do his chairmanly duties in hospitality after the match ! :ictscarf:

I don't know any of the board personally. I usually try and keep out of the politics behind the scene and concentrate on the football, but, as I've had dealings with Kenny Cameron in the past, I feel I can comment on the guy. And I have to say, its an excellent appointment. He is, from my experience, a fans man. Looking out for the fans in a way I havn't seen at TCS.

Good luck to him!! :twothumbsup:

Kenny Cameron is perfect for the temporary role - good choice for the fans. Looks like being the last chairman of the Sutherland era. Hope and expext him to slip back in to his old position when the new regime takes over.

At least I hope this is Sutherlands Last Stand as the club will prosper with new blood and the dollars behind it.

• Agree 1