Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

55 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

Thats Baird confirmed

Welcome John

Has a decent enough record at this level...good to get one on board, I see the Courier is suggesting we are still looking to do something with Kevin McNaughton and Louis Laing

I think Baird is a good signing, experienced at this level and we need strikers.

If we sign Mark Ridgers, which it appears we will, then I assume that we will get rid of a couple of our keepers - hopefully Owain Fon Williams leaves and Ryan Esson retires to become our goalkeeping coach.  Without being unkind both were substandard last season and cost us points.

Both the Motherwell players on trial don't really come with any track record of success.  Maybe they'll come good in the second tier, although Chalmers has already played in the Championship for Falkirk and was poor.

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

so, looks like either OFW or Cammy Mackay out the door...Ridgers brother confirming on fb that he is in fact heading our way.

The same Ridgers brother who played for us (without ever actually coming on) in two separate spells?

(Three if you include his loan spell)

Edited by Renegade

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Miles tweeting a picture of him in a ICT top, talking about pre-season training...I wonder....

That's a possibility. The boys were back training today and I'm sure I read Aberdeen were back at the start of the week.

Wonder why we haven't announced any of our other signings yet?

23 minutes ago, Adamskibeats said:

Nick Ross has been officially released by Dundee. Worth a shout IMO

A local boy with the club in his heart who would be very effective at Championship level and who could also do a job in the Premiership if we got promoted. If he is willing to return on reasonable terms he should be welcomed with open arms.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, SeanSelkirk said:

Also Scott Davidson (Fort William) and Rory Macallister at pre season training today!

They are just invited along to give the P & J a story for tomorrow :lol:

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, SeanSelkirk said:

Also Scott Davidson (Fort William) and Rory Macallister at pre season training today!

Rory would be an interesting signing and a good foil for John Baird up front. However, he has turned down full time deals before in favour of combining his trade as a plumber with a healthy supplement as one of the country's highest paid part timers. Not convinced that, at the age of thirty, he would choose to go full time now.

Can't make out all of the text as the quality is rubbish but the back page of the P & J on Twitter confirms the Ridgers move and apparently means that OFW will be moved on.

• Agree 1

A good move - Owain Fon Williams is on a level with Zibi Malkowski as our worst goalkeeper of all time. At least Malkowski only played in a couple of games.

Rory McAllister would be interesting but he was probably just there to unclog the toilets.

3 minutes ago, ictchris said:

A good move - Owain Fon Williams is on a level with Zibi Malkowski as our worst goalkeeper of all time. 

Only last season. He was great the year before and earned his place at the Euros. But whether it was injuries or something else, he then turned into the most unreliable keeper in the league.

• Agree 2