FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Proctor

MichaelICT

Yeah, I think 4-5-1 can work but with wide midfielders and attacking midfielder, not the way we play, which is wide players cutting inside and everything through the middle. I also rate Proctor highly but not as a central defender. Love to see him take what should be Duncan's role in defensive midfield (although I know Duncan's not always played there).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem that has been raised here is how many players seem to play well, despite, in spite of, considering (usually out of position or doing something odd)

Brewster's corner routine probably consists of saying "eh aim for eh eh Black" (him being the big man and all that)

Proctor is a decent 2nd choice defensively minded right sided player. Not a centre half.

If Craig Levein says a player aint SPL quality though, as one of the best managers in the game and the man who should have got the Scotland job, i have to respect his opinion.

4-5-1 can work if used using the right player on the correct side of the pitch. I dont see cowie as the attacking right winger. Imrie left yes but cowie should be the attacking mid with Black, Duncan, Vigurs on McBain in Behind.

In saying that i prefer 4-4-2

i do think that proctor should be dropped but i also think that zander sutherland should be given a chance

i think he should have come on aswell as rooney before the 3rd goal against aberdeen just to give us a little more pace

GIVE SUTHERLAND A CHANCE

GET BREWSTER TO F**K

In case you've missed it, David Proctor has come out asking for the board to stand by Brewster. I'm sure it's the club's best interests he's got at heart and not his wage packet.

"I don't think any knee-jerk reactions would do the club any favours."

Right enough - it's only after the Aberdeen game fans were upset at his appointment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-20989144/

In case you've missed it, David Proctor has come out asking for the board to stand by Brewster. I'm sure it's the club's best interests he's got at heart and not his wage packet.

"I don't think any knee-jerk reactions would do the club any favours."

Right enough - it's only after the Aberdeen game fans were upset at his appointment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-20989144/

Proctor must be getting fed up having to transfer clubs so often.

What do you expect....i mean...they are "chums" after all. Proc doesnt want the board making any Knee Jerk reactions to our situation. Erm.....excuse me if am wrong....but the whole of 2008 has been well below reasonable expectations....so it could hardly be deemed a knee jerk reaction IF the board took positive action

Edited by SMEE

Crap results. Crap performances. Reported dressing room unrest. Players not willing to discuss new contracts. How the hell is that going to be turned around. Sorry David but no matter how much you back the management team it aint going to happen. They've had 16 months to do the job and we're now in the worst position we've ever been.

And I hold no hope of getting past Pathetic Spittle either.

The fact that it's Proctor who is coming out standing up for the manager is going to have no affect on what we think. But for the board who knows.

Notice how slightly more important players haven't bothered to say the same as Proctor like Grant Munro.

The fact that it's Proctor who is coming out standing up for the manager is going to have no affect on what we think. But for the board who knows.

Notice how slightly more important players haven't bothered to say the same as Proctor like Grant Munro.

As captain, Grant should be considered part of the management team. He's not though.

David Proctor is a good right back. He is also a fairly right winger but he is not now and has never been a centre-back. Versatile yes, centre-back no. Of course playing him in this postion was Brews plan all along. What others may not notice that in Proctor's first spell at ICT was 18. A number that is used all over the pitch usually as a substitutes number. When he returned he was given number 29, a number he was given cause there were none others left. This season the backfour chopped and changed. Phil McGuire went from number 3 (a number normally associated with left-backs) to the number 5, a number normally associated with a centre-back, the position he usually plays. Lionel Djebi-Zadi was given the number 3 when he signed. A left backs number for a left back player. David Proctor was given number 4 this season. Darren Dods played as number 4 previously. He plays as a centre-back. Steven Watt was given the number 4 when he signed in season 07/08. He is a centre-back. Proctor was given number 4 this season and is playing as a, yes you guessed it, centre-back. Proctor played as a centre-back to fill in for others last season, but as a stand in only. This season Proc seems to be 1st choice centre-back. He also played this position in the two reserve games I witnessed a couple of months ago. He isn't the tall enough or strong enough to play this position and I truly hope Brew doesn't see him as the full replacement of the great Darren Dods. Come on Brew, get it sorted.

David Proctor is a good right back. He is also a fairly right winger but he is not now and has never been a centre-back. Versatile yes, centre-back no. Of course playing him in this postion was Brews plan all along. What others may not notice that in Proctor's first spell at ICT was 18. A number that is used all over the pitch usually as a substitutes number. When he returned he was given number 29, a number he was given cause there were none others left. This season the backfour chopped and changed. Phil McGuire went from number 3 (a number normally associated with left-backs) to the number 5, a number normally associated with a centre-back, the position he usually plays. Lionel Djebi-Zadi was given the number 3 when he signed. A left backs number for a left back player. David Proctor was given number 4 this season. Darren Dods played as number 4 previously. He plays as a centre-back. Steven Watt was given the number 4 when he signed in season 07/08. He is a centre-back. Proctor was given number 4 this season and is playing as a, yes you guessed it, centre-back. Proctor played as a centre-back to fill in for others last season, but as a stand in only. This season Proc seems to be 1st choice centre-back. He also played this position in the two reserve games I witnessed a couple of months ago. He isn't the tall enough or strong enough to play this position and I truly hope Brew doesn't see him as the full replacement of the great Darren Dods. Come on Brew, get it sorted.

Fairly. Is that what you meant to put?

Edited by Govan Jaggie

• 2 weeks later...

considering Brewster prides himself on fitness and getting teams fit, surely he should spot that Proctor doesnt have the physique to play centre half. Right back yes, but not at the expense of Rosco. Im sorry, i just dont get playing a player because he likes him! that is not management!

Drop but keep Proctor (useful as a sub)

Bin Mcguire (please)

Buy a centre half to challenge what we have.

In the meantime, give Duff a chance. It cant be any worse than now!

Proctor in the Daily Record saying he'd swap cup success for staying in the SPL. Um, what cup success is that??? Is this preparation for a loss to Partick - you can just hear 'naturally we're disappointed but it gives us a chance to focus on moving up the table without any distractions'

Also, "it's never nice seeing the manager under a bit of pressure. He's been working tirelessly as ever to try to turn things round so it's not for the lack of effort that we find ourselves in this position."

Totally agree. Not for lack of effort. Poor tactics and quality leaving but not being replaced. That's the problem.

David Proctor speaks about the cup

I believe Proctor would make a decent central midfielder. He's reasonably quick, looks for a pass and puts himself about.

Its obvious he's no centre half, but then again there's 2 of them in there and Grant Munro is not dominating the central defence either.

Guest Spectre

He did pretty well at Centre Half on Sunday, up against 'Scotland's finest strikers', not substantively to blame for any of the goals, and often breaking up attacks on the edge of the box.

He did pretty well at Centre Half on Sunday, up against 'Scotland's finest strikers', not substantively to blame for any of the goals, and often breaking up attacks on the edge of the box.

He did do OK on Sunday - was one of our better players IMO - but I think that was partly down to how Rangers played (attacking through the middle and mostly keeping the ball on the deck). Against Aberdeen and Motherwell, with high balls coming across the box, he showed that he doesn't have the presence, nor perhaps the positional sense, to play at centre half regularly. And why should he? He's a decent right back being played out of position.