FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Holiday entitlement

Johnboy

Admittedly this has surfaced on Rumour Mill, but it appears our chairman, in the midst of a management crisis at his club, and on the eve of the opening of the January transfer window, is embarking on a two week holiday as from today (Monday)

It could be he'll be available at the other end of a phone to make any important decisions during the next two weeks but is this appropriate action for a man said to have ICT's best interests at heart?

If nothing else it's certainly very unfortunate timing.

It could be he'll be available at the other end of a phone to make any important decisions during the next two weeks

the only important decision he could make atm is to sack brewster

a decision he simply hasnt got the balls to go through with

I think we have to be fair. If this is indeed true, then I'm sure he's not the only person going away at this time of year. I would also suggest that a trip over Christmas would have been booked in advance and not in the last couple of weeks. Our chairman like everyone else is quite entitled to have some time off over Christmas. I'm sure he will be available by phone if absolutely necessary but I don't think we can grudge him his holiday. He couldn't have predicted the current state of affairs before booking.

Ask yourself one question Johnboy. What sort of crisis would make you destroy your families christmas?

I've already cancelled our annual family trip to Lapland Alex....

No more holidays for the Johnboy family until relegation is mathematically impossible...

:rotflmao:

Most people have mobile phones these days.

Instructions can be left and authority delegated to another director.

Transfer budget is already agreed for January and the Chairman doesn't have much more involvement than that when it comes to signings.

Don't see any problem at all with someone having a holiday provided other directors are suitably briefed.

Most people have mobile phones these days.

Instructions can be left and authority delegated to another director.

Transfer budget is already agreed for January and the Chairman doesn't have much more involvement than that when it comes to signings.

Don't see any problem at all with someone having a holiday provided other directors are suitably briefed.

Yngwie... I understand the board did indeed receive suitable briefs from the chairman...

See here