FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Profanity filter F E C K

Guest birdog

Why is **** still getting caught up in the profanity filter?

****! The word's officially okay

My youngest was delighted when 'meh' became part of the Oxford English Dictionary recently.

I couldn't give out to him, you see, for using it when I didn't know what it meant (it's a verbal shrug of the shoulders). Of course, he doesn't want to say it any more because the coolness has been taken away.

Now, the British Advertising Standards have decided that '****' is okay too.

Please sort it guys, if it's good enough for the ASA then it's good enough for us.

EDIT see this page also. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/11/feck_off_bees/

Edited by birdog

lol - we can remove feck from the profanity filter, but looks like we will have to add bloody !!!!

The English use the word bloody too much any way. Feck is a far better "soft" swear.

• 3 months later...

lol - we can remove feck from the profanity filter, but looks like we will have to add bloody !!!!

As an experiment you could add all the Politically Incorrect terms imaginable and watch as the world comes to a shuddering halt. If you could be fecked of course.

Guest birdog

Birdog--I see you may be on acid now?

Acetalsalicylic acid (ASA).

Please clarify since we can't have any druggies on here you know. This is a top site an' all. :rotflmao:

I am almost 100% sure that everyone on this site could be classed as a druggy, although I very much doubt that asprin can be used recreationally. I would imagine that almost all the posters here have used one, or more, of the following on a regular basis theobromine, caffine, taurine, funny isn't it that people who use smack on a daily basis are junkies, druggies etc but someone who can't perform without that first cup of coffee is described as grouchy? A person who uses cocaine at the weekend is a cokehead druggy but a teenager drinking 4 cans of red bull and a litre of coco cola is just getting hyper? A cannabis smoker is a stoner waste of space but a woman who gorges herself on chocolate into obesity is just comfort eating? Ever bought and ate a poppy seed bagel? That act will fail you a drug test due to the opiods on the surface of unwashed poppy seeds.

I would imagine that almost all the posters here have used one, or more, of the following on a regular basis theobromine, caffine, taurine, funny isn't it that people who use smack on a daily basis are junkies, druggies etc but someone who can't perform without that first cup of coffee is described as grouchy? A person who uses cocaine at the weekend is a cokehead druggy but a teenager drinking 4 cans of red bull and a litre of coco cola is just getting hyper? A cannabis smoker is a stoner waste of space but a woman who gorges herself on chocolate into obesity is just comfort eating? Ever bought and ate a poppy seed bagel? That act will fail you a drug test due to the opiods on the surface of unwashed poppy seeds.

I guess I am indeed fecked this morning ..... I just had a couple of poppy seed bagels to go along with my extremely large coffee (2 spoons of coffee in a big ICT mug) ..... :rotflmao: