FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who?

Harry Chibber

John was manager of Caledonian in the Highland League which to my mind is senior football. He has a vast knowledge of senior football and playing systems. He compiled dossiers on opposition teams in first division for Steve Patterson.

Ask anyone in Inverness who they'd rather have as DOF - Grassa or JB.

Sorry but you must still be suffering from a Xmas ovefill. The DOF job needs more than the CV you state. As much as I admire the work he does in youth circles, JB would take nothing to that particualr table.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could well be correct with me suffering from the residue of Xmas, but come on, he's a better shout than Grassa or at least would have been if fully fit. Here's a question for you. How many teams in the S.P.L have a DOF?

[/quote

I can only think of 2 with that particular title, Aberdeen and ICT but the chairman or chief executive of all the other clubs take care of these duties.

You could well be correct with me suffering from the residue of Xmas, but come on, he's a better shout than Grassa or at least would have been if fully fit. Here's a question for you. How many teams in the S.P.L have a DOF?

John Beaton is a smashing chap, but he has a good pensionable job with the Council lighting. Do you really think he would give that up to be Director of Football with the most promising team in the top echelon of Scottish Football?

It must be an experienced manager at all costs, we cannot risk anything else?

Robbo until the end of the season may be a good idea but contradicts what I have just said, however, if I was him I would not take that deal as it could be perceived as slighlty insulting.

We could certainly do worse than Bobby Williamson, I have often thought he could do a good job for us.

Please don't get me wrong here, JB was "got rid off" by the people in charge of our Youth Development because he wouldn't bow down - good on him! As much as I respect what he has done for YOUTH football in Inverness - he just does not fit the DOF role ( or what should be the DOF role). National and even International contacts are what is needed to be effective - not just being a contact between the board and the team management and seemingly negotiating players contracts.

Please don't get me wrong here, JB was "got rid off" by the people in charge of our Youth Development because he wouldn't bow down - good on him! As much as I respect what he has done for YOUTH football in Inverness - he just does not fit the DOF role ( or what should be the DOF role). National and even International contacts are what is needed to be effective - not just being a contact between the board and the team management and seemingly negotiating players contracts.

When I initially mentioned JD as DOF my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. Perhaps I should have made that clear to you as it could have stopped you reaching for your angina pills!

When I initially mentioned JD as DOF my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. Perhaps I should have made that clear to you as it could have stopped you reaching for your angina pills!

Oh it was Jud (JD) you were talking about. That is a completely different story ...................................

Oh it was Jud (JD) you were talking about. That is a completely different story ...................................

I think I know where you're coming from. Keep up the good work and enjoy your trip to DK in 2009!

Hairy - Robbo is waiting in the wings and has been fer months - if it wasnt fer the Orion v Tulloch power struggle this would have been a done deal in November. Sutherland would view Robbo as a back down - even if he doesnt have a direct link to Savage :rotflmao:

Wht do you think that they are so desperate to hang on to Brewster - What is frustrating me is that they are just delaying the inevitable - they cant afford a decent manager without a bit of help from Orion - Shearer as No 2 is their means of maintaining a piece of control - until Round 2 and the return of Park of course.

John was manager of Caledonian in the Highland League which to my mind is senior football. He has a vast knowledge of senior football and playing systems. He compiled dossiers on opposition teams in first division for Steve Patterson.

Ask anyone in Inverness who they'd rather have as DOF - Grassa or JB.

Interesting for me from so far away to see all the names being put forward. Why do you need a Director of football when you are so strapped for cash?? Get a good up and coming manager, not a has been not a past name , get rid of the so called back room staff hangers on. When Northern Ireland came to Latvia they had more back room staff than players!!! That aside Mc Allister is looking for a club and he might just want to come back to Scotland

I actually feel sorry fer Grasser as I have still got respect fer him - He is ICT through and through but I am afraid he has been used as a pawn at a higher business level than he was ever able to function in - I put Grasser on a level with Charlie Christie - well I did. :rotflmao:

John Beaton is a great fella with a great footballing brain - who can ever forget the way that he brought Columba FC into the Welfare and produced the best amateur footballing sides fer decades. He even had the sense to bring an old head as the captain and role model to the effervescent youngsters.

Hairy - Robbo is waiting in the wings and has been fer months - if it wasnt fer the Orion v Tulloch power struggle this would have been a done deal in November. Sutherland would view Robbo as a back down - even if he doesnt have a direct link to Savage :rotflmao:

Wht do you think that they are so desperate to hang on to Brewster - What is frustrating me is that they are just delaying the inevitable - they cant afford a decent manager without a bit of help from Orion - Shearer as No 2 is their means of maintaining a piece of control - until Round 2 and the return of Park of course.

I would seriously have doubts about Park wanting to leave Hibs.

I would seriously have doubts about Park wanting to leave Hibs.

I'm not so sure.... there could very well be upheaval at Easter Rd soon. It would be great to see him back here again - with Robbo.

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

I think it is inevitable CB will have to go. As a club we need to always try to push on and develop. By appointing a higher profile manager (with a good track record AND media skills) we will attract better media attention and a draw for higher profile players.

BUT there are already good players in our team who need an experienced and instantly respected coach to show them just how good they can be. Robbo could possibly come back and do the job but I would plump for Bobby Williamson- Knows football, Knows the SPL set up, has been over the course, as player and coach and I think he'll be able to weed out our less able CB first team regulars. Probably most importantly he could really boost our youth system. His wins record at all his clubs compares with most other SPL managers outside the old firm including CB.

But has he been sacked by Uganda yet and could we afford him?

Colin Calderwood would be interesting if likely unaffordable.

Simon Clifford - Manager of Garforth Town. Now bear with me here. Simon was head of youth development at southampton when they were in the epl. he has helped devlop the talents of the likes of gareth bale and theo walcott. unfortunately he was punted because he made the players do extra work despite the fact the players actually wanted to do more work. he emphasises technique and fitness. he would get our players into shape and playing attractive football. he also runs those brazilian soccer schools and maybe able to bring a few legends to the club (cafu joins garforth town in april). in short, he would be the perfect manager however he is not a yes man so the board would never (x10) appoint him.

Is that the guy who brought a 50-something Socrates to Garforth?!

Anyway, he sounds like a skills coach more than a team manager. I take it nobody in the lower English leagues or Conference has moved for him?

Edited by Yngwie