FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chairman backs manager....

DALNEIGHCALEY

Here's a quote from Mr Fraser taken from his BBC interview at the end of April...............

"If you're hearing about the boardroom in 6 months time I haven't done my job right"

Well Mr Fraser its now the last day of the year and I've never known so much discussion re the Board , obviously your not doing your job right so do the honourable thing and clear off . And take Brewster and Thompson with you .

Maybe this is the dreaded Chairman's 'vote of confidence'! In which case Brew will be history very soon.

The board would do well to remember that its not only them who can issue a "vote of confidence" :rotflmao:

From the same article:

"Meanwhile, the Caley boss believes Ian Black can still play a huge part in the club's quest for SPL survival".

Interesting, is that why he never played against Motherwell? Doubt he'll ever be seen in our club colours again even if Hearts don't get him in January.

Edited by Iain

From the same article:

"Meanwhile, the Caley boss believes Ian Black can still play a huge part in the club's quest for SPL survival".

Interesting, is that why he never played against Motherwell? Doubt he'll ever be seen in our club colours again even if Hearts don't get him in January.

Black was out with a hamstring injury

Ian Black, according to reports, was genuinely unwell. We need to be factually correct and fair.

However, returning to George Fraser's appointment, it is possible that Brew was allowed to go in a certain direction and therefore a straight sacking of him may seem to be unfair by the Board. The leadership crisis may be elsewhere.

George Fraser ''This summer Craig Brewster has the opportunity to build further to place his own imprint upon the squad.''

Following his appointment, in the interview with Charlie Bannerman, he states ''I really look forward to working with the fans.'' Charlie asks him ''What role will George Fraser play in the months ahead, diplomat?'' to which George replied ''Absolutely''. A leading question, but not a leading Chairman surely? As a shinty man maybe he has taken his eye off the football role allowing others to manage. This is not yet the biggest crisis this Club has faced, but by the end of January it could be. The optimistic statements by management and some players about a top six finish, as Hamilton, Falkirk, Motherwell, and St Mirren went quietly about their business, may well be the Fraser Legacy or inprint on the club.

However, returning to George Fraser's appointment, it is possible that Brew was allowed to go in a certain direction and therefore a straight sacking of him may seem to be unfair by the Board. The leadership crisis may be elsewhere. George Fraser ''This summer Craig Brewster has the opportunity to build further to place his own imprint upon the squad.''

Whilst I can see your point and agree to an extent, the simple fact is that the direction Brewster is taking us is down and regardless of how much latitude the board want to give the man there comes a point when it should be obvious that his "imprint" is not a positive one. I am sure it pained Eddie Thomson to boot Brew out of Tannadice, but he acted in the best interests of his club ..... all we are asking is for our board to do the same for ours.

Following his appointment, in the interview with Charlie Bannerman, he states ''I really look forward to working with the fans.'' Charlie asks him ''What role will George Fraser play in the months ahead, diplomat?'' to which George replied ''Absolutely''. A leading question, but not a leading Chairman surely? As a shinty man maybe he has taken his eye off the football role allowing others to manage. This is not yet the biggest crisis this Club has faced, but by the end of January it could be. The optimistic statements by management and some players about a top six finish, as Hamilton, Falkirk, Motherwell, and St Mirren went quietly about their business, may well be the Fraser Legacy or inprint on the club.

As far as I am concerned, George Fraser is the Invisible Man. We have seen and heard literally nothing from him since he was inserted into his position. The only people I have seen at least trying to work with the fans recently are Kenny Cameron and Graeme Bennett.

Ian Black, according to the BBC pre-match review had a hamstring twinge and according to ICTFC had flu yet Ian Black according to an insider was dropped. So how do you suggest we be factually correct and fair.

Ian called me just after he signed for Hearts on Sunday and he told me he was bunged up with the flu.

Onto Brew

I am just at a loss to explain why the board dont see what everybody else does, Brew is not up to it, they might well think it is just the wingers on this board but just about every person I speak to when I am out and about think he has to go, perhaps the board live in their own little world surrounded by yes men who tell them "dont worry you are doing a great job standing by Brew" what else can it be?

Edited by stevico1

Scotty

Eddie Thomson cared passionately about Dundee United. He was amazingly loyal to Brew given Brew's appalling results at a significantly higher salary than we pay. He got rid of him in sufficient time and indeed with dignity. He had the resources to refloat the Club and finally made the right choice of manager. I am increasingly of the view as I survey different posts that as you say, George Fraser has been relatively invisible. He has so far appeared the least effective Chairman we have ever had. At some stage he has to do something such as tell Brew he is not really cut out to be an SPL Manager. Vacillation by both has not helped this deteriorating situation. I think both are playing a game of dare and not outwardly panicking....it will sort itself out in the end. The players have mentioned panic which is unfair on them although whenever a club is in this position players always seek to shoulder some of the blame. They will be desperate to stay in employment but as we are seeing some are being forced out or appear to be seeking pastures new.

Guest Spectre

I am just at a loss to explain why the board dont see what everybody else does, Brew is not up to it, they might well think it is just the wingers on this board but just about every person I speak to when I am out and about think he has to go, perhaps the board live in their own little world surrounded by yes men who tell them "dont worry you are doing a great job standing by Brew" what else can it be?

I think you are putting too much weight on what is said.

Until a decision is made to replace the Manager, the Board clearly has to back him.

I think we have to credit the Board with realising that neither results nor performances are acceptable. Dealing with that is always easier if you are the 'opposition' rather than the 'government'.

I think you are putting too much weight on what is said.

Until a decision is made to replace the Manager, the Board clearly has to back him.

I think we have to credit the Board with realising that neither results nor performances are acceptable. Dealing with that is always easier if you are the 'opposition' rather than the 'government'.

Totally disagree he should have been removed weeks if not months ago, and they are going to give him more cash to spend. Thats life I am afraid if you want to take positions of power you have to make difficult decisions, otherwise you shouldnt be in that position

First problem is he should never have been taken back in the first place,this has to rest with either the Director of football or the Chairman/Board now that he is back it is going the way that a large majority of this board believed when he was appointed

The man has no clue about player choice,tactics or substitutions,he doesnt have a clue about man management(Or maybe for certain players if you believe the rumours :rotflmao: )

Yes give him a job as a fitness coach as a manger get a grip

The board has to wise up now not even in seven days time,lets get him out a new man in ASAP and let him use this transfer kitty that the board are promising to a manger that actually knows what he is doing

I think maybe the board is waiting till the new year and going to give themselves a new resolution to be honest with themselves and the supporters and make some important decisions! Then again maybe not!!!!!!

First problem is he should never have been taken back in the first place,this has to rest with either the Director of football or the Chairman/Board now that he is back it is going the way that a large majority of this board believed when he was appointed

The man has no clue about player choice,tactics or substitutions,he doesnt have a clue about man management(Or maybe for certain players if you believe the rumours :rotflmao: )

Yes give him a job as a fitness coach as a manger get a grip

The board has to wise up now not even in seven days time,lets get him out a new man in ASAP and let him use this transfer kitty that the board are promising to a manger that actually knows what he is doing

The Chairman has nothing to do with it (yes he should) it is up to the DOF and the main shareholder this is a fact

My knowledge of whats going on is pretty limited. Consisting of rumour, suggestion and snippets from people around the club. What I have gleaned though tells me its time the cards were put on the table. Some, it appears to me, are not happy at the way the company was changed from a Public to a Private Limited Company. That change came about in the early days of Orions expressed interest in the club. This change was publicised as a requirement to allow Tulloch's to further invest in the club without being forced, by law, to make an offer to purchase outright. In other words Tulloch's then hold a controlling interest which prevents another (Orion) coming in and purchasing the necessary 27% that would entitle them to make a bid for control.

This may all have come about as a genuine concern, by Tulloch's, that their investment was in jeopordy but now I see it becoming a death knell for the club we love.

Maybe, if my assumptions are correct, its time Mr. Savage and Orion Recruitment came out into the open and showed their hand.

Maybe I'm writing a load of crap and couldn't be further from the truth but whatever. So long as time is being wasted saying nothing the hole is getting deeper.