FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Iain Vigurs

Guest Hoops123

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

One of the brightest talents to emerge from our youth system in years.

:rotflmao: didnt he come from elgin???

yeah he signed from elgin, he used to play from celtic as a youngester. hes played for scotland at under 19s level.

A really bright prospect. Hope we can keep him and get him on a good long term contract.

We've now lost Black and Fraser. Their wages should be freed up to tie up both Vigurs and Cowie on longer deals.

Yes if Black is not part of the plans best to try to get hearts to take him now, problem is I have heard Hearts arent deperate to take him until the end of the season as they are already packed out with midfielders and need to get rid of some in the summer.

A really bright prospect. Hope we can keep him and get him on a good long term contract.

We've now lost Black and Fraser. Their wages should be freed up to tie up both Vigurs and Cowie on longer deals.

Yes if Black is not part of the plans best to try to get hearts to take him now, problem is I have heard Hearts arent deperate to take him until the end of the season as they are already packed out with midfielders and need to get rid of some in the summer.

Well even if we didnt lose Black now. Offer him a better deal and an improvement that kicks in when Black leaves coming into effect if we stay up. Kinda like a pre contract. Prob not the norm but sure it wouldnt violate any rules.

I doubt if Vigurs will sign another contract until ICT's fate is clarified. If other SPL clubs are interested why should he commit to a club that only a few short months ago considered him to be worth ?325 a week for the next 2 years?

I agree that he is an excellent prospect, the best that we have at the club and one of the better young players in country. He does have weaknesses too - of course he does. His tackling does leave a bit to be desired but there are few players who posess all of the attributes of a world class midfielder, and none of those who do are Scots, so please let us not be too critical. The last world class midfield player Scotland had who could tackle, pass and control a match was Sounness, and he couldn't run. Jim Baxter couldn't tackle, couldn't kick the ball with his right food and didn't know how to head the ball. And neither Vigurs nor any other midfielder ICT has or ever will have could lace Baxter's boots or drinks.

Let the management team concentrate on a) keeping us up and :rotflmao: making Vigurs a better player, and hopefully c) Keeping him at Inverness.

One possible thing in our favour is that TB is still involved in the Scotland set-up and could influence the selection of Vigurs for the under 21's internationals. This would only help his development and give him more confidence. And it would help ICT in the long run too. Even if only to get us a bigger transfer fee for a young international player that we have developed.

Guest Calley1990

So i think its fair to say that the vast majority all agree he is one for the future...

Although we want to keep him and im confident we will which other clubs in the top flight could he get a regular game for in the middle of the park as i think thats by far where he is at his best?

I am hopeful that with Terry comin in lads such as Iain will get a crack at the under 21s and that could only benefit him!

There seems to be this idea that having our best players in the Scotland set-up is a good thing. While I want to see the lads be the best they can be, and I want the best for the national team, it will see them pulled away from training with the rest of the squad for a few days, and put them in the shop window.

• 1 month later...

Where's Ian ? :rotflmao:

Not even on the bench these days. i thought he was playing really well in the team and that Butcher would bring him on further, but it's all gone quiet....................

I can't understand why one of our best players is being left out...very strange indeed.

Probably good for him if not necessarily ICT. After less than a full season, he was already talking about "options" rather than buckling down and learning his craft at the club that was giving him a chance.

Caley want to keep players they need to offer them enough money to live on. I think vigurs was/is wanting to stay with caley but he was offered two horrible offers, why should someone accept pennies when they know they are worth a wage. i feel for the lad, all he wants is a reward for his good performances, he deserves it a lot more than some of our players. was one of our best performers and was offered pocket money for a wage and he now gets shafted, if thats how we treat our players then thats just taking advantage of a young lad, we wouldnt accept that so why should he??????

Edited by CaleyP

I can't understand why one of our best players is being left out...very strange indeed.

I'm sure a lot of fans would agree, but the team's performances and results have improved a lot since we dropped him.

I'm sure a lot of fans would agree, but the team's performances and results have improved a lot since we dropped him.

I don't think that the results are down to vigurs not playing but down to butcher getting the best out of the players we have, so surely if he did that with vigurs it would be a massive boost even more to the team as he has massive potential. we should be taking advantage of that, not to make the most of something is very unusual indeed in any manner.

Edited by dreamers

Possibly, but it may be the case that the manager is looking for players with a bit more physical presence for the fight. Vigurs' neat football may have to wait til next season.

I think that is the answer in a nutshell. Vigurs is not yet ready for the physical battles that lie ahead to save our season. I think he has played best when the matches have not been too physical as he does tend to go missing when this happens.

I don't think we have missed not playing Vigurs. He is good don't get me wrong but I feel the players playing are doing well at the moment. I have heard that he was offered a few rubbish deals or what he considers rubbish deals however are any other SPL sides going to offer him more or would a lower league team offer him more? I think neither would in all honesty.

I agree with the above posts we need the physical midfielders grafting at the moment. Vigurs will hopefully stay as he has plenty of potential.