FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brian Kerr signs

Libero

Kerr plays like Cowie has this season. I've seen him live a few times, and as Motherwell fans say, the talent is not in doubt, but he frequently hides from games.

If the Record interview was right, this is him at last-chance saloon before getting a 'straight' job to put food on the table; there may be a bit more motivation for him to perform now that he's seen the alternative. Newcastle United we're not, but we're all he's got just now. Besides, if he brings the talent to the party, I reckon the dugout can find him the enthusiasm.

Myself and Luvgravy could have been watching him in Toronto FC colours this season if he had agreed terms ....... here's hoping he is a success and realises how close he came to being out of the game at a decent level before Butcher took him on.

Aye it's no' everyday Inverness sign a Scotland international !

Good news indeed ! Kerr looked good at Livingston and Motherwell but seemed, for some reason to lose his way latterly at Hibs.

Potentialy another very good signing.

People never took to him and he became a target for the boo boys - even when he wasn't even on the pitch :rotflmao:

Thought he was a quality player myself, if unspectacular, but his confidence seemed to take a dive. I reckon he will do very well for ICT.

I also reckon you've got a gem in Hong Kong Thierry if Butcher can focus his game. :thumb04:

He was dross at Hibs going by what a lot of their fans say (P & B, The Hootsman & Edinburgh Evening News forums). Hopefully Butcher can get something out of him.

Having just popped onto P & B apparently Well fans think he is crap as well and they can't stand him :rotflmao:

Edited by RiG

Don't care what Hibs or Motherwell fans think of him, it's what he does in an ICT shirt that matters!

Is he an attacking or defensive central midfielder? I must have seen him play but for the life of me I can't remember him at all

Don't care what Hibs or Motherwell fans think of him, it's what he does in an ICT shirt that matters!

Whilst I agree with the latter part of your sentence there the former does concern me especially when posts like this...

fantastic signing for a club battling relegation. much more confident now, we are as good as if not better than falkirk in terms of squad strength now.

...are made and both Motherwell and Hibs fans say he often goes into hiding during games, doesn't work as hard as he should and therefore a team battling relelgation might not be able to afford to carry a player in this manner.

Hopefully this is not the case and he knuckles down but these guys have seen him play before on a much more regular occurrence than we have and thus their judgements should perhaps be taken with some degree of merit.

Remember the criticism of Black when he pre-contract deal was announced, or Wyness when he first came back with Hearts? Kerr certainly wasn't the boo-boys target when he was at 'Well but these things happen when a player leaves a club.

I think this could be a very good signing and also think that once he is an ICT shirt we will see something different from the player....

I think this is one of the things that Terry is alluding to when he says there is something special about the club - average players can play above themselves in a good footballing environment and who knows what good players can achieve....

Alex's point about being away from the big city environment is definitely a major factor for some players especially those who still need to prove something....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Like Foran, match fitness is likely to be an issue, we don't really have the luxury of allowing him a month playing in the reserves to get up to speed. John Collins has an eye for a playerv and the fact that he saw fit to sign him for Hibs is encouraging.

Like Foran, match fitness is likely to be an issue, we don't really have the luxury of allowing him a month playing in the reserves to get up to speed. John Collins has an eye for a playerv and the fact that he saw fit to sign him for Hibs is encouraging.

Firstly, JC is not renowned for spotting players, although I don't see why he got that reputation when he never really had time or funds to make any big-money signings of his own. Young guys with potential like Morais and Gathuessi are typical Collins players, signed on frees. Both have definite qualities and decent potential, however they also have their flaws. I really look forward to seeing what TB can do with Thierry in particular.

Secondly, Kerr (along with ?200k dud Alan O'Brien) were really targetted by JC's assistant, Tommy Craig. That said, I don't think Brian Kerr is anywhere near as bad a player as most Hibs fans make out. It was one of those emperor's new clothes situations where, once enough people had written him off (mainly for not being Scott Brown), then everybody else joined in without even looking at the player. In one game, I saw BK and then Dean Shiels make virtually identical mistakes (crossing a ball behind the goal) for whch BK was slaughtered while Shiels got the old "unlucky son, good effort". In several games, I made a point of watching BK's contribution and saw plenty of quality in his touches and delivery (that cross excepted ;o)).

On balance, I reckon he just didn't have the chemistry to be a Hibs player - the face never fitted somehow. Once people were on his back, I can understand how he would be scared of making mistakes and maybe release the ball too early when he could have done something more productive with it. In terms of running though, he was certainly a hard enough worker.

Maybe in Inverness he will have the time and freedom to just play his game and show more of the quality that I am convinced he has. I certainly wish him all the best and hope his time at Hibernian wasn't as bad as it seems it must have been.