FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Butcher And Malpas Show

maimie

had a meet the fans tonight at the stadium.

what a refreshing change! it was great to listen to them both telling us how they have been motivating the team, their strategy to try to keep the club up, their hopes for the future.

their enthusiasm was so evident even though they know the enormity of the task ahead of them. both acknowledged that to keep the club up would be one of the high points of their careers and both were prepared to put in the hard work with the team to do it.

they were very funny but underneath it all what was evident was a desire to win. they'd learned a bit about our team already - even before they were given the job.

i think everyone there left feeling so optimistic - i sure did!

here's to the future with ict

Glad to hear it - Butcher's humour is one of his assets and the fact that he can also laugh at himself - but then once you have won so many trophies and been to the world cup then you know you will also get respect from players who want to achieve the same....

How many people attended the event?

gutted i couldnt make it but unfortunately i didnt find out about it till tonight. serves me right for not checking my email i suppose

Like you I didn't know anything about it... until now... :rotflmao:

it was for season ticket holders tonight JB - maybe that's why you didn't hear..

gutted i couldnt make it but unfortunately i didnt find out about it till tonight. serves me right for not checking my email i suppose

Like you I didn't know anything about it... until now... :rotflmao:

Posted on Jan 30th as a sticky: http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...showtopic=11199

PS - dont forget - car boot sale this weekend too !!!!

Like you I didn't know anything about it... until now... :021:

it was for season ticket holders tonight JB - maybe that's why you didn't hear..

:thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P Take that ya old git

Do you honestly think that we will get much for Johnboy ?

Like 4ize I am not in the least surprised - What a feckin pity the meeting didnt take place on January 3rd. :rotflmao:

Like you I didn't know anything about it... until now... :021:

:thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P Take that ya old git

Do you honestly think that we will get much for Johnboy ?

Like 4ize I am not in the least surprised - What a feckin pity the meeting didnt take place on January 3rd. :rotflmao:

how about adding a pic of the lovely maurice to your sig immortal one? :D

Very impressed with B & M.

They have clearly studied psychology as well as fotball.

Motivation is a big thing for them and it looks as though they can deliver.

neksor

I was impressed with both of them, they have a good rapport together.

I liked the team spirit they have built up on the training ground, before the match with the team circle in the changing room and when the players come off the park shaking their hands.

Still a long way to go for us, but the initial signs are promising.

Also liked his comment about the players need to be "cute" :rotflmao:

I'm glad they are coming across well to fans and players alike.

We shouldn't get carried away though with all this positivity... I still think that it would be a miracle to claw back enough points to survive this season. Falkirk are our main rivals and they aren't a terrible team by any stretch; in addition to St Mirren, Hamilton and Kilmarnock picking up points regularly.

I'd loved to be proved wrong obviously!!

We shouldn't get carried away though with all this positivity... I still think that it would be a miracle to claw back enough points to survive this season. Falkirk are our main rivals and they aren't a terrible team by any stretch; in addition to St Mirren, Hamilton and Kilmarnock picking up points regularly.

Och dont put a dampener on things , Miracles DO happen ! & if Terry & Maurice believe , then thats good enough for me :rotflmao:

Getting carried away is exactly what the fans need to be doing right now as it's that kind of energy from the stands that will drive the players on to achieve more than might be expected.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Am i right in thinking its Butcher who wanted this meeting?

Either way its still great to see a manager taking time to actually tell fans about his ambitions for the club.

I'm feeling more confident about staying up now anyway.

Whilst TB was not my first choice as a relacement for Brewster I now firmly believe that his appointment will prove to be the best possible choice the club could have made, and one which will hold us in good stead for years to come.

I'd be interested to know all the same how the appointment came to be made. Did TB contact the club when CB was sacked or did the club contact him?

Did someone on the board hit on the idea of suggesting TB? If so I believe it could prove to be an inspirational decision. It's a shame no-one from the board ever reads any of this stuff so the chances are we'll never know who's idea it was...

:rotflmao: