FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jeremy Clarkson

latviaman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a joke. People are far too easily offended these days. Every other week we have a media manufactured outrage about something a celebrity has said, it's getting OTT. If you don't like Clarkson / Brand / Jonathan Ross / Carol Thatcher etc etc etc you don't have to watch!!!

Yeah racisms really amusing . :rotflmao:

Surprise hundred's haven't been clammering to get on Daily Mail offended bus (probly still full wi ah the Thatcher offended and nae seats just now) to get him hung ,drawn and qaurtered. Broon could have won himself a few supporters by coming out and saying it was fine as Clarkson is an opinianted English ******

Edited by Heilandee

Surprise hundred's haven't been clammering to get on Daily Mail offended bus (probly still full wi ah the Thatcher offended and nae seats just now) to get him hung ,drawn and qaurtered. Broon could have won himself a few supporters by coming out and saying it was fine as Clarkson is an opinianted English ******

yep.meet racism with racism. GIMP

Surely it's up to the one eyed Scottish idiot to decide if he's offended or not, and not us???

It's also rather hypocritical that people who are taking offence at Clarkson calling someone else names choose to deal with it by calling Clarkson names.....and then when someone disagrees with them, they resort to calling them names also!!!

There's a respect issue here and Clarkson has no respect for anyone. He's little more than an overpaid public school oaf who is given far too much screen time and far too much attention. Of course the BBC won't take any real action against him because, like Woss, he brings in an audience and the BBC isn't that interested in anything other than ratings these days.

When George W was president everyone called him an idiot and there was no problem. What is it with some people? You can't walk three steps without someone being insulted. It happened with the Ross/Brand malarky that was just ludicris and it's gone and on since then. People need to get on with their lives and complaining every two seconds. BTW I don't mind Jeremy Clarkson though I can see why others don't if you know what I mean.

When George W was president everyone called him an idiot and there was no problem.

It was well documented that Dubya was indeed an idiot - he had a certificate to prove it, whereas Gordon Brown was quite an intelligent man - that was the difference.

I do find this tendency for the masses to choose to be offended over trifling little things a bit tiresome nowadays.

Clarkson has made a career out of this sort of thing and many people find him amusing and unafraid to say what he thinks - none of this hand-wringing tree-hugging PC nonsense from him, and I respect that.

Unfortunately many of us Scots have a huge inferiority complex about our nation and heritage and a rather large chip on our shoulders, which is why this particular thread has come about.

Rise above it, for goodness sake!

Whats the problem with what he said?

Gordon Brown has one eye, True

Gordon Brown is Scottish, True

Gordon Brown is an idiot, True (in my opinion)

As I have often been called an idiot :rotflmao: , I am offend to be associated with Gordon Brown. Who do I complain to?

When George W was president everyone called him an idiot and there was no problem.

It was well documented that Dubya was indeed an idiot - he had a certificate to prove it, whereas Gordon Brown was quite an intelligent man - that was the difference.

I do find this tendency for the masses to choose to be offended over trifling little things a bit tiresome nowadays.

Clarkson has made a career out of this sort of thing and many people find him amusing and unafraid to say what he thinks - none of this hand-wringing tree-hugging PC nonsense from him, and I respect that.

Unfortunately many of us Scots have a huge inferiority complex about our nation and heritage and a rather large chip on our shoulders, which is why this particular thread has come about.

Rise above it, for goodness sake!

That's something that rings true with me. What is it about some Scottish people that they can never move on, as if they are special, brilliant, perfect and yearn for a return to the life only now visible in history books or shortbread tins and this nostalgia holds it (Scotland as a whole) back.

As I have often been called an idiot :rotflmao: , I am offend to be associated with Gordon Brown. Who do I complain to?

It's anti-Scottish...

Some of us have more than one eye...

I take your point but i wonder how long it will be until Butcher is "an english ******"?

About a month from now I'd say... If we're still staring relegation in the face...

"British insults for British Prime Ministers" as he might say himself.

Indeed....

If he'd said "one eyed British idiot" I wouldn't have had a problem with that... In fact I'd probably have applauded him for saying it.

Good post totally agree with it. Some people on this post sound like Celtic supporters looking for racism where there is none. If you do not like Clarkson that is fine but don't stoop to the level of the paranoid.

Gordon Brown is, without doubt, a one eyed Scottish idiot. Am I now a racist?

The fact he is Scottish is neither here nor there . In the context used it implies all Scots are idiots , so it is racist IMHO .

And you've the cheek to call me PC?

Fair enough birdog , doesn't change the fact that its racist though .

Think I touched a nerve by accusing you of being pc . :rotflmao:

If you knew what a racist bigot I have been in the past. :thumb04: