FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland 2 Iceland 1

Johnboy

Good win tonight for our guys but by god it was a struggle.

The last five minutes with Craig Gordon's goal under siege, seemed like an eternity.

Ross McCormack looks to have a good future at this level, but somehow I can't see Scotland winning the world cup in 2010.

Phew, big sighs of relief when the final whistle went, Iceland probably deserved a draw.

But having looked at the other group tables, even if we hold onto 2nd place it's hard to see how we will get a play-off place.

not long back from the game. McCormick is a player, don't think I have ever seen him play on the left wing before (for Cardiff, Motherwell or Rangers) but he was awsome, always made good use of the ball and terrific home debut! Hutton, likewise was excellent although is a far better winger than he is a defender. Gordon showed exactly why Sunderland payed ?9mil... McGregor who? Good performances from Morrison, Brown and S.Fletcher

Naysmith & Miller were terrible and when we should have gone on to win the game comfortably they did nothing but lose possesion and put the whole team under pressure.

I've never been a massive fan of Gudjohnson but he was excellent for them, created everything and always looked dangerous, MOTM for any unbyst watcher but since I am McCormick gets it.

Delighted with the win but we made it difficult for ourselves

Still not entirely convinced with Burley but he deserves credit for giving the younger guys a game

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04: ;) :lol: :015:

Aye, good to get the result,two great finishes,and for long periods looked comfortable but allowed ourselves to get under unnecessary pressure late on,fookin ell, i've had enough of that late late disapointments with club football this week, thank fook Scotland held on :rotflmao: but as Ywngie sez, probly all end in tears :thumb04: i wont get my hopes up or book flights for SA just yet

Supporting Scotland is the triumph of hope over experience. Why do we keep doing it ? We just managed to beat Iceland 2-1 - wow!

The piece in Trainspotting shoud have been " supporting the Scottish team is s***e because they are c**p".

I watched the game on TV, live, and came away thinking we had a lucky escape, no stars on show for us, except Gordon and with palpitations due to the last five minutes.

I watched the BBC highlights later and guess what? We were wonderful! Excellent play, excellent players, it could have been ten! (exaggeration)

Not sure if I was so on edge watching or scared when watching that I was not able to appreciate the finer points or was it very good BBC editing!

I thought the our game suited Iceland, we were not playing down the flanks enough - BBC, we played down the flanks. Hatton did not run up the wing enough - BBC, Hatton was up the wing a lot. Brown did not play his normal forceful game - BBC, Brown very industries. Naysmith dodgy - BBC, Naysmith solid. Gordon was excellent - BBC, Gordon was excellent!

As Meatloaf would say - one out of five is sh..!

Anyway a win is a win! Well done!

I was mascot for the game i thought. Gordan, Macormick, Hutton and Naysmith were exellent. Naysmith had some exellent tackels Miller was dissapointing.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

good win last nyt for the boys :rotflmao:

but which result was the best of the night??

Bolivia 6-1 Argentina??

Poland 10-0 San Marino??

Hutton and McCormack shone last night. And Craig Gordon showed why he should be the number 1 and not sesh hound McGregor.

It was a rather untidy display but what was good to see was that they didn't let the equaliser affect them and eventually they got the winner. Something i wasn't entirely convinced they would get.

Whats important is that they got back to 2nd place so theres still a chance of going through. Also who thought the re-layed pitch was almost as bad as the last?