FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

G20 Death.

Guest birdog

Guest birdog

Link to story

After Jean Charles de Menezes I have little doubt that the boys in blue will claim that this latest piece of brutality was unavoidable and carried out in the interest of national security. Has no-one else noticed that our country is becoming more and more draconian whilst those who run it are doing as they please?

An innocent man pushed to the ground, inducing a heart attack, whilst exercising his human right to peaceful protest. If it happened in Iran or Korea we would see demonstrations outside of their respective embassy by human rights protesters, are our government any better than those they seek to demonise?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean Charles de Menezes sprang to my mind too when I heard of this latest police attrocity...

Birdog... that guy wasn't even part of the G20 demonstrations... he was just a passer-by trying to make his way home.

The police will know who actually carried out that brutal and unprovoked assault... Will anyone be charged over it?

i hope the person who was filmed pushing the man to the ground gets what he deserves.

Why is it 1 rule for everyone else yet those "rules" dont seem to apply to policemen or that? Having watched the footage it wasnt just once that the police officers had had a pop at him but 3 or 4 times. Its shocking

Edited by ICTBTTH

The way I see it is that since Maggie Thatcher the Police feel as though they are there to challenge any protest that takes to the streets. They are supposed to control or respond to any violent actions, but a lot of them feel they have the right to assault anyone they don't like the look of.

Ever since the Miners strikes the Government has turned a blind eye to how the Police "control" any anti Government Protest. The bloke wasn't showing any aggression, he was simply walking home. Just a few weeks ago when Muslems were agressive, provocative {calling for the lads to be murdered} and abusive towards troops returning home from Iraq no one took a baton to them, can you imagine the furore there would have been if one of them had been clobbered, the benches of Parliament would have emptied in minutes to condemn it.

How bad has it got that a man is attacked {no other word for it} from behind, whilst walking away from the Police lines with his hands in his pockets.

No doubt the other Coppers who were there, "didn't actually see what happened, I was looking the other way".

Odd how the the PM has next to nothing to say about it, yet Jaqcui Smithies is pleased to be infront of a camera feigning concern, she'd rather be talking about anything other than herself, hoping to show us "how concerned" she is about what happened {again}.

To add insult to injury the same force that were on that Police line want to be the ones to "investigate" it...

Edited by Canada Bob

What's this on the 5 o'clock news from the Home Office...

"We are trying to identify the officers involved"

FFS, surely they should ALL have come forward by now !!! do they need someone to knock on their door ?

What's the odds that at the end of all this, that we'll be told, "the officer who tripped and fell against Mr Tomlinson, had no intention of doing him any harm, it was simply an accident", no doubt some r sole Lawyer will be passing that or similar thoughts through his mind...

Edited by Canada Bob

Surely the copper responsible for this...who hasnt come forward...should lose their job regardles, for hampering an investigation? I am sure they would be aware of the situation

Surely the copper responsible for this...who hasnt come forward...should lose their job regardles, for hampering an investigation? I am sure they would be aware of the situation

Good point Smee... they enforce the law but like MP's it's application to them is optional...

I have to say...having seen the footage....i would say the "victim" does appear to me to be trying his best to obstruct the police. Just have to look at his body language. He adopts a very Laissez Faire attitutde when its clear that the police are attempting to move everyone along. Either that...or his posture reminds me of that of a pished person.

If "trying his best to obstruct" comes under the same heading as Uniteds defence last night then I'd agree with you, they might as well as had their hands in their pockets, as they were "trying to walk the other way".

It's hard to say what the guys intentions were, in a worst case scenario the guy might have shown some lack of respect to the Police, but that doesn't give them the right to attack him.

Odd how cowards chose their man so carefully though aint it, how they prefer to attack from behind, on a bloke older and less fit then they are, and from the security of all yer mates kitted up for battle being shoulder to shoulder with you shows an element of bravery don't it, the copper couldn't lose could he, the bloke lost his life...

Edited by Canada Bob

If "trying his best to obstruct" comes under the same heading as Uniteds defence last night then I'd agree with you, they might as well as had their hands in their pockets, as they were "trying to walk the other way".

It's hard to say what the guys intentions were, in a worst case scenario the guy might have shown some lack of respect to the Police, but that doesn't give them the right to attack him.

Odd how cowards chose their man so carefully though aint it, how they prefer to attack from behind, on a bloke older and less fit then they are, and from the security of all yer mates kitted up for battle being shoulder to shoulder with you shows an element of bravery don't it, the copper couldn't lose could he, the bloke lost his life...

HAHA

You clearly have serious issues, all you do is moan about everything to do with the world, you must be a very depressing individual to be around!

All the Police did was push him and he fell over.

Man up.

HAHA

You clearly have serious issues,

Come to think of it I do have some serious issues, when I see thing something wrong I do something about it...

all you do is moan about everything to do with the world, you must be a very depressing individual to be around!

If only you knew me roscoe, you'd be having chips with your words...

All the Police did was push him and he fell over.

Yea, yer right, makes no sense to have an enquiry about it does it...

Edited by Canada Bob

Thats fair enough but its all endless crap that you post on this site.

You never seem to comment about ICT!

The guy was clearly obstructing Police and not moving, in these situations with protesters which you never know might kick off and become violent towards Police, which has been the case in London over the last few weeks!

You just never know what the guy could've been holding or had on him.

Rosscoe...Canada Bob is quite entitled to hold his own views on matters. I for one, very much enjoy reading and taking part in more serious debates than just football....as you may when you grow up.

No need to personally attack someone just coz they hold a different view than you, coz al let you into a wee secret.....this is how forums operate. There would be no need for a forum if we all had same opinion, would there!

Rosscoe...Canada Bob is quite entitled to hold his own views on matters. I for one, very much enjoy reading and taking part in more serious debates than just football....as you may when you grow up.

No need to personally attack someone just coz they hold a different view than you, coz al let you into a wee secret.....this is how forums operate. There would be no need for a forum if we all had same opinion, would there!

I am just sharing my opinion as well! I have the opinion that all these serious threads annoy me. I hardly ever read it, but I knew there would be loads of Police bashing in this one which is rather funny to read if im honest.

When I grow up, hahahahahahahaa aye ok.

I am just sharing my opinion as well! I have the opinion that all these serious threads annoy me.

Well rosscoe...exercise your right...and dont read the fecking threads then. Oh.....and it appears a tad hypocritical to come out with the above statement, only to be found contributing to one of the offending "serious threads"

Edited by SMEE

Guest birdog

Anyway, back on topic. I feel no action should be taken against the Police Officer.

Do you have an opinion as to why? or are you just following the misguided belief that the police are made up of individuals who are so saintly that they never succumb to acts of rage or misjudgement?

Thats fair enough but its all endless crap that you post on this site.

Odd how you were interested enough to read my comments then...

You never seem to comment about ICT!

Having not been to a game in over 3 years it would be a bit much for me to post in the ICT football forum...

Every game is an away game for me, living >3,300 miles away, mind you, that didn't stop my money sponsoring a player last year...

The guy was clearly obstructing Police and not moving, in these situations with protesters which you never know might kick off and become violent towards Police, which has been the case in London over the last few weeks!

At the time the bloke was attacked the protests were essentially over, the Police faced no threat, you'd find more people watching Clachnacuddin than these officers were faced with when the copper floored him...

You just never know what the guy could've been holding or had on him.

I wonder if that thought might ever pass through a coppers mind when you're walking home from the Pub...

SMEE - I don't think that at all about the Police. I just think that they had the right to do that and i would think that the call was given from the boss's up high to use high level of resistance and be very robust given the way the protesters have behaved in the last 2 weeks.

CB - Im sorry for my comments, I dont want to get into a personal slagging match with you, I took it too far.

But I think that the Police had the right to do what they did, but we can all say what we want but when there is an investigation...the right result will come at the end of it.

Birdog also if you think that everyone in the police tries to protect each other you are very very wrong.

Edited by roscoe23

Guest birdog

Birdog also if you think that everyone in the police tries to protect each other you are very very wrong.

roscoe23, having lived with a police officer for the first 18 years of my life, I know exactly how good and bad police officers are. I know that the vast majority of them signed up to serve their community and are very proud to be doing the job they do but I also know of power trippers, only in the job because they got bullied at school and are out for a bit of vengeance. I never made a statement to the effect of your quote here and I find it slightly offensive that you are accusing me of thinking in that way and by adding the extra very you seem to be trying to talk down to me, if you want an example of how some police protect their own google "Eddie Ross"