FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team Fer Bairns

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gonna go with something have haven't gone with much before, the classic 4-4-2:

Esson

Tokely ? Mihadjuks Munro Djebi-Zadi

Morais Black Kerr Imrie

Barrowman Foran

Subs - Fraser, Rooney, Odhiambo, Hastings, Vigurs, Proctor, McBain/Wood

Esson in goal, Tokely moves to right back replacing David Proctor, with Pavels Mihadjuks slotting in to centre-half. Munro in at centre-half as well with Lionel Djebi-Zadi at left-back. Morais and Imrie at left and right wing with Black and Kerr in the middle to ping the ball out to the wings. Up front Barrowman and Foran, with crosses into the box or passes along the ground to them. The tactics should be simple, keep the ball on the deck and keep the hoofing malarky to as absolute minimum. Try and play the ball down the wings for crosses into the box. If ICT need to score I'd look at throwing Odhiambo, Rooney and Vigurs on.

Edited by Renegade

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Zadi

Morais Kerr Black Imrie

Foran Odhiambo

Reasoning:

Esson has to play as Fraser was pretty pathetic against Killie.

Mihadjuks in for Proctor as he at least knows what he is doing.

Imrie on the left as all game Mcbain was sucked in to the middle leaving Djebi-Zadi dreadfully exposed and although he coped against Killie I am not sure if it can be done again.

Odhiambo has to play to get in about the Falkirk defence and expose their lack of pace

Subs: Barrowman must not come on he is totally ineffective and useless even if we are relegated I would not keep him for the 1st Division.

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Zadi

Morais Kerr Black Imrie

Foran Odhiambo

Reasoning:

Esson has to play as Fraser was pretty pathetic against Killie.

Mihadjuks in for Proctor as he at least knows what he is doing.

Imrie on the left as all game Mcbain was sucked in to the middle leaving Djebi-Zadi dreadfully exposed and although he coped against Killie I am not sure if it can be done again.

Odhiambo has to play to get in about the Falkirk defence and expose their lack of pace

Subs: Barrowman must not come on he is totally ineffective and useless even if we are relegated I would not keep him for the 1st Division.

Agree completely with that team. I've got a little bit of hat-eating going on re Lionel after yesterday: as several people have already pointed out, he had an excellent game yesterday and was probably our most dangerous player going forward. We really need players with that spirit and workrate next week.

Last 3 posts arent teams :lol:

4 including yours......

Anyway I would have to go with

Esson

Tokely Pavels Munro Djebi Zadi

Imrie Black Kerr McBain

Morais Foran

I would like to add , In an ideal world Djebi wouldn't be anywhere near this team and wouldn't be able to touch it with a really big stick but Hastings hasn't played enough for such a big game. Same could be said about Mahadjuks i suppose.

Here's one thing though, Flakirk need to win while ICT only have to draw. Do you go with a 5-3-2 or something to contain a team that'll probably go all-out-attack and try and nick a goal, or do you go and try to out and out win. It's a sticky wicket.

You beat me to it 12th man....

I was going to post along these lines, except perhaps Kerr for Duncan, and Esson for Fraser is an absolute must...

Definitely agree with bringing Mihadjuks back in and playing 5 across the back

I think if we play 5 at the back we will just invite Falkirk on ourselves, and we are really not the best at playing for draws or defending leads. I would go with:

Esson (please please please!)

Proctor - Tokely - Munro - Zadi

Morais - Black - Kerr - Imrie

Foran - Odhiambo

McBain got sucked into the centre of the park yesterday. Roscoe is immense in the centre of defence so I would just leave him there. I still think that Morais would be more effective on the right and then we could use Odhiambo's pace up front.

I will predict a 1-1 draw, with us scoring first, before a nervous last 10 mins.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...irk/8054257.stm

"Falkirk are to appeal against the red card shown to Steven Pressley late in the 2-0 defeat to St Mirren."

Would he be aloud to play this one and maybe miss the start of next season??? Just like what happened to scott brown played a game after he got sent off then missed to games.

------------------------------------------ ESSON ----------------------------------------------

---- PROCTOR ----------- TOKELY ---------------- MUNRO --------------- DJEBI-ZADI ----

----------------------------------------- MCGUIRE ---------------------------------------------

------------------ KERR ---------------- BLACK ---------------- IMRIE -----------------------

----------------------------------------- MORAIS -----------------------------------------------

MCGUIRE CAN BE REPLACED WITH MCBAIN REGARDING INJURY STATUS*

------------------------------------------ ESSON ----------------------------------------------

---- PROCTOR ----------- TOKELY ---------------- MUNRO --------------- DJEBI-ZADI ----

----------------------------------------- MCGUIRE ---------------------------------------------

------------------ KERR ---------------- BLACK ---------------- IMRIE -----------------------

----------------------------------------- MORAIS -----------------------------------------------

haha no but we can still win win 8 players, let along 10 ;)

------ KERR -------------- BLACK ----------------- MCBAIN -----------------IMRIE ---------

MCGUIRE CAN BE REPLACED WITH PAVELS REGARDING INJURY STATUS*

Happy now Mr R ;)

Edited by caleymad

I gonna go with something have haven't gone with much before, the classic 4-4-2:

Esson

Tokely ? Mihadjuks Munro Djebi-Zadi

Morais Black Kerr Imrie

Barrowman Foran

Subs - Fraser, Rooney, Odhiambo, Hastings, Vigurs, Proctor, McBain/Wood

Esson in goal, Tokely moves to right back replacing David Proctor, with Pavels Mihadjuks slotting in to centre-half. Munro in at centre-half as well with Lionel Djebi-Zadi at left-back. Morais and Imrie at left and right wing with Black and Kerr in the middle to ping the ball out to the wings. Up front Barrowman and Foran, with crosses into the box or passes along the ground to them. The tactics should be simple, keep the ball on the deck and keep the hoofing malarky to as absolute minimum. Try and play the ball down the wings for crosses into the box. If ICT need to score I'd look at throwing Odhiambo, Rooney and Vigurs on.

Who'd have thought the day would come that Renegade would actually pick a team I'd completely agree with (apart from the captain).. shocker

well played that man, I just hope Butcher agrees

no, i think he's less than a player. I still dont like him as a player, but only played him because of the fact i would get lots of scary people arguing with me ;)

We must play an attacking formation and go for broke as if we needed to win the game. As somebody mentioned earlier, inviting Falkirk to come at us and hitting them on the break would be suicide.

I have faith in our manager

We must play an attacking formation and go for broke as if we needed to win the game. As somebody mentioned earlier, inviting Falkirk to come at us and hitting them on the break would be suicide.

I have faith in our manager

Falkirk will probalbly be attacking from the start of the game so we shouldnt have all our players up the pitch incase they turn to counter attack. We need to start defending from the start and then maybe come out attcking when Falkirk have settled down abit. Change some of the midfielders to attacking midfields etc etc.

Inverness on the counter ;) we never suceed at doing that because the midfielder or striker either loses it on last man or doesnt get it on target.

I would settle for the draw.

Edited by caleymad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...irk/8054257.stm

"Falkirk are to appeal against the red card shown to Steven Pressley late in the 2-0 defeat to St Mirren."

Would he be aloud to play this one and maybe miss the start of next season??? Just like what happened to scott brown played a game after he got sent off then missed to games.

I wouldnt be too concerned if Pressleys playing , hes no got the legs , Imrie can handle him for pace no probs !!

Priority for me is to have Esson and Pavels back in the line up. Esson is a more solid keeper and Pavels brings out the best in Munro. I see Kerr is the choice of a lot of posters, but I'm not convinced, the games I have seen he seems to hide away from the ball.

Tokely gives us attacking options at right back and IMHO Proctor is underrated by a lot of posters - nice to see some of you defend him ;)

I had pondered with Butcher and Malpas replacing Munro and Lionel, but finally went with....

Esson

Tokely Pavels Munro Lionel

Procter Morais Black Imrie

Rooney Foran

Mcguire!!!!! and no Foran???? :crazy03: you are caley - mad!!!