FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Msn Is Getting Hacked.

CaleyMad

I know this technical support is tuning into a caleymad file but i really need help as this is really important :D

When trying to signing in to Windows Live Messenger, it wouldnt let me sign in and the error box is saying that i have an incorrect username or password (Error Code - 80048823)

I have looked into this code and it is an automated Lock-down of my msn account forced by incorrectly entering my password too many times. Now i have my password saved and have carefully typed it in. I can only presume that someone has been guessing it.

I have recently changed my password from meduim to strong setting and is very unlikely that they will guess it.

I was just wondering if there was anyway of stopping an automatic lock down of my account as it has stopped me doing any messaging.

My account username is : < ictfc@live.co.uk > if Jay_7 or another highly qualified person could look into this.

Cheers in advance.

I have actually encountered this very error code myself before. I discovered the problem wasn't that my account had been locked nor was I typing inaccurately. It was bloody Tiscali being idiots. After failing to sign in to MSN I tried going onto Youtube through boredom and the pages were loading very slowly indeed. A quick speed test later confirmed that I was getting a whopping 320kbps from my supposed 8Mbps connection.

3 angry phone calls and my connection is fine averaging at roughly 7Mbps and no issues logging into MSN.

Thinking about this for a second, there is usually a timeout on all login attempts where you have a certain amount of time to transfer the login packet from your PC to the destination (In this case MSN messenger servers). If your internet connection is so slow that it can't get the login packet there in time, MSN will try to second-guess what the problem is and will give you as close a match of an error code as it can find.

I have been logged into a old msn account and that has given me no problems. I have carefully typed in the password and when i type it into the actually msn.co.uk site, there seems to be no problem (after i confirm the broken letters.)

53.6 Kbps :D and thats the highest it goes :026:

The caps are off aswel.

I can log in about 11am or something but it closed my account again about 5 - 6 pm

:(

I have been logged into a old msn account and that has given me no problems. I have carefully typed in the password and when i type it into the actually msn.co.uk site, there seems to be no problem (after i confirm the broken letters.)

53.6 Kbps :D and thats the highest it goes :026:

The caps are off aswel.

I can log in about 11am or something but it closed my account again about 5 - 6 pm

:(

Are you able to login to the associated mailbox using that email account?

When i try to enter the site, i log in and first thing i get is an error message and i continue.

It then tells me to enter my email address, password and to confirm the broken letters picture. Then somehow i can check emails :026:

When i try to enter the site, i log in and first thing i get is an error message and i continue.

It then tells me to enter my email address, password and to confirm the broken letters picture. Then somehow i can check emails :angry:

The main problem you're going to find here is that Microsoft are going to do very little to help you sort this unless you're paying for your email address. If it's a free one it's probably best to get a new one set up and put an automatic forward on the existing account to send to your new one.

Edited by Jay_7

It then tells me to enter my email address, password and to confirm the broken letters picture. Then somehow i can check emails :angry:

The main problem you're going to find here is that Microsoft are going to do very little to help you sort this unless you're paying for your email address. If it's a free one it's probably best to get a new one set up and put an automatic forward on the existing account to send to your new one.

Yeah, its a free one. I might just make a new one although i loved the ictfc@live.co.uk name :angry:

Is there an easier way of transfering contacts over?

This error message appears when i make another one. I think iv seen it before tho

You've reached the daily limit for creating Windows Live IDs. Please wait a day and try to sign up again or contact support for assistance.

Error code: 450 : 0x800482d4

This error message appears when i make another one. I think iv seen it before tho

You've reached the daily limit for creating Windows Live IDs. Please wait a day and try to sign up again or contact support for assistance.

53.6 Kbps thats at best..... Dial up speeds...

I think Jays right, going by what we know, its now your log in as such, Ive not had any bother with my @Live email, but you have had 2 go faulty, so its looking like its somthing eather with your hardware or you connection...

How often do you reboot your machine (off and back on)?

What kind of Hub/Router do you have and how often do you reset it or again reboot it?

Try doing this on both machine and router, If that still doesnt work,

remove and re plug all connections from the pc to the phone socket, change your micro filter if you have a spare..

If that still doesnt work, remove and reinstall your MSN programs, you may have a problem with the installation.....

I know I had problems with Live when it installed, but this was ages ago, I reverted to the old HotMail and MSN Messanger and it sorted its life out

Edited by georgeios

53.6 Kbps thats at best..... Dial up speeds...

I think Jays right, going by what we know, its now your log in as such, Ive not had any bother with my @Live email, but you have had 2 go faulty, so its looking like its somthing eather with your hardware or you connection...

How often do you reboot your machine (off and back on)?

What kind of Hub/Router do you have and how often do you reset it or again reboot it?

Try doing this on both machine and router, If that still doesnt work,

remove and re plug all connections from the pc to the phone socket, change your micro filter if you have a spare..

If that still doesnt work, remove and reinstall your MSN programs, you may have a problem with the installation.....

I know I had problems with Live when it installed, but this was ages ago, I reverted to the old HotMail and MSN Messanger and it sorted its life out

3.6mbps is highest 53.6kbps is lowest, got muddled up.

Am using an portable o2 mobile broadband dongle and although i can sign into my old @hotmail addy, i suspect it isnt the machine, but the actual email address.

Iv taken Jay's advice from a previous post about making a new msn account and once the service is working again, then ill make one. It says "temporarily out of service" so ill wait for it and make one.

Thanks for everyone that gave me advice!

Just one other thing to try, Do you have any other Internet access.. if you can try logging on to the account on someone elses known good connetion, I know nothing about the dongles so im not sure. but if someone has a bt home hub or somthing try it on that first, Im only trying to save your e-mail address cos i think its mint, if it was mine i wouldnt want to be changing it...

Iv got in it now but thats normal. If i was to happen to sign off and then try to sign back in, i know for sure that id not get back in.

Its strange how it only lets me in at the start of the afternoon :huh:

Its a brillant msn name :lol: dont ever wanna change, thats the only reason that i have it.